West of Scotland Football, What Is The Future?

Provisional fixture lists are out today, starting October 17th for SPFL. Whether we'll start on that date or not is anybody's guess, but there's still much to do to ensure it can still go ahead.

1 minute ago, TFW said:

Provisional fixture lists are out today, starting October 17th for SPFL. Whether we'll start on that date or not is anybody's guess, but there's still much to do to ensure it can still go ahead.

Only the Premiership fixture list is out, and it starts on the 1st August. The rest of the SPFL will be kicking off on 17th October, but there's no fixture list yet.

19 hours ago, andy25 said:

Were the clubs not told October by Dave McKenna a couple of weeks ago?

No one can 'tell' anything just now. It's all guesswork, even by the league chairman.

Unless compulsory testing is ditched, it's a non starter anyway. We haven't been given a £50,000 grant per club to cover those costs.

And throw in an Autumn flare-up of the virus...?

Edited by cmontheloknow

The Autumn flare up? Will that be like the second wave that's been coming for months[emoji848]

No one can 'tell' anything just now. It's all guesswork, even by the league chairman.
Unless compulsory testing is ditched, it's a non starter anyway. We haven't been given a £50,000 grant per club to cover those costs.
And throw in an Autumn flare-up of the virus...?

23 minutes ago, andy25 said:

The Autumn flare up? Will that be like the second wave that's been coming for monthsemoji848.png

The concern of a second wave is based on opening up too early without adequate measures in place to prevent it. I hadn't noticed we'd returned to "normal" yet to test if a second wave will happen or not.

30 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The concern of a second wave is based on opening up too early without adequate measures in place to prevent it. I hadn't noticed we'd returned to "normal" yet to test if a second wave will happen or not.

Has England had a spike or second wave while they are all out working playing sports and generally acting like arseholes ?? 

59 minutes ago, Derry said:

Has England had a spike or second wave while they are all out working playing sports and generally acting like arseholes ?? 

Is my TV and other media different from everyone elses? In the UK more than 100 people are losing their lives every day at the hands of this. Do you think these figures are being invented?

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Is my TV and other media different from everyone elses? In the UK more than 100 people are losing their lives every day at the hands of this. Do you think these figures are being invented?

How many in Scotland ? 

1 minute ago, Derry said:

How many in Scotland ? 

A fraction of the total. Does that mean a spike can't happen in Scotland? Before you answer remember the air bridges are about to open, Phase 3 is due to be announced and the pubs are open fully as of next Wednesday.

14 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

A fraction of the total. Does that mean a spike can't happen in Scotland? Before you answer remember the air bridges are about to open, Phase 3 is due to be announced and the pubs are open fully as of next Wednesday.

If they can open pubs etc as well as travel holidays flights etc I just don’t see why it’s so difficult to open gyms and lower league football no evidence to show they would make it worse obesity and mental health issues have been and always will be more of a risk to most 

1 minute ago, Derry said:

If they can open pubs etc as well as travel holidays flights etc I just don’t see why it’s so difficult to open gyms and lower league football no evidence to show they would make it worse obesity and mental health issues have been and always will be more of a risk to most 

It's not difficult to open them. Doing it without incident however...

2 minutes ago, Derry said:

But we have to try mate if u or anyone else don’t feel safe u aren’t forced to go 

I'm not looking for a cuddle, pal. You were expressing doubt that a spike was possible. I'm saying it is eminently so.

3 minutes ago, Derry said:

But we have to try mate if u or anyone else don’t feel safe u aren’t forced to go 

Nobody uses public transport in this world where everyone can just "not go" then. Could of sworn there were people from pubs, football games and gyms using them while people were just going to work or the shops.

43 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm not looking for a cuddle, pal. You were expressing doubt that a spike was possible. I'm saying it is eminently so.

What makes u the law on that how the hell do u know it’s imminent 

Edited by Derry

10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Nobody uses public transport in this world where everyone can just "not go" then. Could of sworn there were people from pubs, football games and gyms using them while people were just going to work or the shops.

What ?