West of Scotland Football, What Is The Future?

Surely best way is for the government to announce 'If the number of deaths, cases, hospital admissions is at such a number - then we will allow all football to resume on/by such a date'  At least people will then know, and be able to plan. I'm sure there will be increases almost everywhere, couple more mass gatherings etc should do the trick. Is this a case of fear over being rational ? both of which I understand.

On 17/06/2020 at 19:49, Andy groundhopper said:

Be interesting if/when the English government make some statements about grassroots sport returning - they only care about the so called 'elite' at the moment. What do the clubs feel, are they worried about testing or the whole return ? I don't get to hear, read much from the clubs themselves. Hopefully the WOSFL will get going asap, and we can all agree the move to Senior was the right decision.

When do the (ex) West Juniors officially become "seniors" ?   Will it be 1st July 2020 ? 

Non League Scotland is still showing these clubs as being juniors. With no WoS (senior) League AGM 2020 (to date), having been announced (as far as I am aware), the 'transfer date' is unclear (to me, or possibly to other clue anyway). 

Watching with interest how the Covidiots act down here in England, with pubs, caravan parks etc reopening and the Spanish desperate for our cash. Only wants a gentle rise or surge in cases to put us back months. At least the SFA stuff is positive enough, not in any rush to get back. Hopefully we can get a reliable test to push things onwards.

Has their been anything about a league sponsor yet? I would've had an educated guess at it being the current LL sponsor but the league doesn't seem to have a title sponsor since Geosonic's deal expired at end of 18-19.

4 minutes ago, Derry said:

As the virus seems to be slowing considerably as well as the deaths what’s everyone’s thoughts is it still looking like October start and will fans be allowed in by then ??

i'm certainly hopefull of full training in August, hopefully friendlies with fans allowed(under 500 and distanced) in mid Sept and kick off for real on 3rd Oct, fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

i'm certainly hopefull of full training in August, hopefully friendlies with fans allowed(under 500 and distanced) in mid Sept and kick off for real on 3rd Oct, fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed mate would certainly think if things continue as they are October should be no problem at all but as u say hopefully sooner 

Worth mentioning that if signs elsewhere are anywhere to go by, there have to be strict limits in numbers in place in terms of how many people would be allowed if non-league starts with crowds before the SPFL. In The Netherlands non-league clubs are allowed to play friendlies with crowds again from 1st July. I know the club secretary of a 4th tier club near the German border and they're playing a friendly against a local 6th tier side tomorrow. For over a week he has constantly been answering emails from people all over The Netherlands and neighbouring regions of Germany on whether or not they can attend. These people are so desparate that they are likely to turn up at that friendly tomorrow...

Edited by Marten

Just  to stop the possible overcrowding at matches, then the games have to be all ticket - purchased before the day. Obviously will put off the casual supporter until it's 100% safe, but the risks are there, fans who can't get into their spfl club' game may want to go non-league. Am hoping for a September/October restart on a selfish note (my next holidays) 

14 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Just  to stop the possible overcrowding at matches, then the games have to be all ticket - purchased before the day. Obviously will put off the casual supporter until it's 100% safe, but the risks are there, fans who can't get into their spfl club' game may want to go non-league. Am hoping for a September/October restart on a selfish note (my next holidays) 

Agreed, I think the same might be needed here. If Lochee United start with fans before Dundee & Dundee United do, we probably have to take measures to prevent it becoming too busy. Our home games are already considerably busier than usual in weekends when neither of them are playing at home (like international breaks).

Edited by Marten

I was hoping we could get our level back for even September going by very low death and infection rate in many parts of Scotland, but Jason Leitch doesn't sound too optimistic here although they do expect crowds back in October at some point. I think he is being a bit too cautious unless like Leicester and a second spike in our cities.

Can understand the 'No Chance' comment over the spfl but this shouldn't apply to non league where crowds rarely go above 500, a number that can easily be distanced around the ground. Unless a spike occurs across Scotland then again it's a case of being rational over covid19. Almost as if the government couldn't give a damn about non league/grassroots. No surprises there 👊

Can understand the 'No Chance' comment over the spfl but this shouldn't apply to non league where crowds rarely go above 500, a number that can easily be distanced around the ground. Unless a spike occurs across Scotland then again it's a case of being rational over covid19. Almost as if the government couldn't give a damn about non league/grassroots. No surprises there [emoji109]
There is "no chance" of crowds in August at WoSFL games because there won't be any games in August.