West of Scotland Football, What Is The Future?

55 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Unless things change quickly, guess the only questions are 1) will the players want to play and 2) will the fans want to go ? The speed the changes are being made to boost the economy, and the way the idiots reacted to 'freedom' , I think the lower level of football will be the last to return - unless someone takes a massive/stupid gamble. Gotta trust the clever folk I guess.

Who are these clever people? What one in particular do we believe?

SFA update:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-approves-conditional-lifting-of-suspension/?rid=13929

The suspension of football will be lifted to enable training from June 11, specifically for SPFL Premiership first-team squads only.

Any other competitions wishing to return to training must be able to confirm their ability to meet the testing regime and other safeguarding measures agreed between the Scottish FA and the Scottish Government.

The suspension remains in place for those competitions that cannot meet such criteria and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.

Maxwell: “I am also aware that other parts of the game will seek further clarity on when they may be able to resume. The testing criteria required at this stage is prohibitive but as the governing body for football we are determined to restore the national game at all levels as soon as it is safe and practical to do so."

Edited by cmontheloknow

21 hours ago, The rocket said:

Who are these clever people? What one in particular do we believe?

Suppose for clever,I guess the scientific folk with supposedly all the answers to covid19 etc. They seem to steer the government into making decisions (maybe wrong)  and announce when things can be done. So long as the clubs and players feel safe, then I'd be happy to watch games. Being 58 I'm nearly Inthe 'old' group I guess !   

47 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Suppose for clever,I guess the scientific folk with supposedly all the answers to covid19 etc. They seem to steer the government into making decisions (maybe wrong)  and announce when things can be done. So long as the clubs and players feel safe, then I'd be happy to watch games. Being 58 I'm nearly Inthe 'old' group I guess !   

If you'd seen Brandon Lewis bullshit and bluster his way through the air passenger quarantine debacle on the BBC News this morning you wouldn't have said that.

4 minutes ago, TFW said:

If you'd seen Brandon Lewis bullshit and bluster his way through the air passenger quarantine debacle on the BBC News this morning you wouldn't have said that.

My apologies,was up and working as a postie so haven't heard any news yet. Will try to give that a look,can imagine the bollocks being spoken. 

I'll have a fiver on October restart of training and no games til January.

SFA update:
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-approves-conditional-lifting-of-suspension/?rid=13929
The suspension of football will be lifted to enable training from June 11, specifically for SPFL Premiership first-team squads only.
Any other competitions wishing to return to training must be able to confirm their ability to meet the testing regime and other safeguarding measures agreed between the Scottish FA and the Scottish Government.
The suspension remains in place for those competitions that cannot meet such criteria and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Maxwell: “I am also aware that other parts of the game will seek further clarity on when they may be able to resume. The testing criteria required at this stage is prohibitive but as the governing body for football we are determined to restore the national game at all levels as soon as it is safe and practical to do so."

3 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

I am also happy to attend games although i am also in my fifties. A member of my family plays at this level & as with everyone else i have to question how players can possibly social distance for instance during games (this is a contact sport) & also i cant see how this can be achieved in the dressing room. I think we are on pause until a vaccine is found. Hopefully soon cos i really miss the fitba!!!

If, like most suspect, the season doesn't start back til January, why the need to end all leagues so soon? Could have easily picked up from where we left off. Worst case play a league cup to get to may, but I feel this season could have been finished next season. There were still plenty games to play and it would have lessened the amount of midweek. Imo far too quick to make decisions based on a level (Premier league) that doesn't give a monkey's about this level.

If, like most suspect, the season doesn't start back til January, why the need to end all leagues so soon? Could have easily picked up from where we left off. Worst case play a league cup to get to may, but I feel this season could have been finished next season. There were still plenty games to play and it would have lessened the amount of midweek. Imo far too quick to make decisions based on a level (Premier league) that doesn't give a monkey's about this level.
Because we were all moving out of the juniors.

31 minutes ago, Stoosh83 said:

• Nobody knew then when football would start again.
  • Nobody knows now when football will start again.
  • Contracts were coming up.
  • Clubs were moving leagues not only West Region to WoSFL, but East Region to EoSFL. Different leagues were doing different things so with promotion and relegation at stake some league bodies were having to follow other people's decisions.
  • Across the leagues there was no uniformity in terms of number of games played. Some clubs had a backlog of 2 games and some clubs had a backlog of 14. That's just league games. Most of the leagues that have returned or planning to return have similar number of games played. The difference can be made up in a week(s) not month(s)

Guest Mr Happy
Arthurlie have trained twice this week just doing running sessions 

More fool the players for agreeing to this 🤷‍♂️they obviously have no consideration for their families,

Jeeze, I thought the arseholes at Darvel were bad enough, going cycling and sitting drinking. Then having the stupidity to post photos. [emoji848]

Guess people will just not listen [emoji58]