West of Scotland Football, What Is The Future?

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Are clubs really playing friendlies right now? Wtf?

As football's banned and players can't train  (as far as I know?) it must be under the radar unless clubs have the cash for a fine or two.

And pointless as we're going to be (IMO) closed down.

Edited by cmontheloknow

2 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

As football's banned and players can't train  (as far as I know?) it must be under the radar unless clubs have the cash for a fine or two.

What do you mean closed down? Lockdown?

Ive seen something from a closed facebook group suggesting two teams may have played a friendly recently. It may be the case that someone is trolling so not fair to name the teams but if true its a poor effort.

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So start in August 2021 at earliest IYO?

The senior season starts in June/July but I wouldn't be ruling summer 2021 out. 

Can you really see the non-league game continuing as normal while part-time teams in the 42 are in all likelihood having to be mothballed?

Closed-doors is not affordable. Testing is not affordable. Asking supporters to social distance is counter intuitive and un-policable. Dressing rooms cannot be socially distanced easily. Toilets? Catering?

Part-time football is in danger until some sort of vaccine is found OR the virus weakens.

January is a fantasy, especially as that is the postponement season!

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

The senior season starts in June/July but I wouldn't be ruling summer 2021 out. 

Can you really see the non-league game continuing as normal while part-time teams in the 42 are having to be mothballed?

Closed-doors is not affordable. Testing is not affordable. Asking supporters to social distance is counter intuitive and un-policable. Dressing rooms cannot be socially distanced easily. Toilets? Catering?

Part-time football is in danger until some sort of vaccine is found OR the virus weakens.

January is a fantasy, especially as that is the postponement season!

Agree on all of the above but then again nip in to the Botanic Gardens and see if things are as sensible as you have made them seem there. 

The UK lockdown has been a fantasy and the ever decreasing circle of awareness tells me that football will be back sooner than that. 

Either way 20 team league will skew the whole thing.

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Agree on all of the above but then again nip in to the Botanic Gardens and see if things are as sensible as you have made them seem there. 

The UK lockdown has been a fantasy and the ever decreasing circle of awareness tells me that football will be back sooner than that. 

Either way 20 team league will skew the whole thing.

The government can control some things and this is one.

NS was a bit tetchy earlier on about the covidiots so perhaps she's ready to act on that as well.

Would also add in that part time players have got other incomes to protect and while some are very well paid, others are not. It's be a massive gamble to pile onto a bus or cram into a dressing room made for 16 with 20 or so players / coaches etc... we're not all Darvel! 😂

I honestly think SFA will be forced to close down any football clubs that cannot do their bit to contribute to the national health emergency effort.

edit: would say the Botanics comparison would work better if the football club gates were left open and people weren't being charged omission. As that cannot be the case due to cost, clubs have a duty of care to customers and if safety and social distancing are widely expected in society, that has to be considered. Just as a cinema cannot pile people into Screen 1 and say 'take your chances'.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Posting the result and pictures on Twitter is hardly under the radar 😂

It's a wind up the photo looks like a sectional clash back in August.

Thats good! Thought it maybe seemed a bit of a wind up. But given the way everyone’s forgotten the lockdown rules nothing would surprise me?

Im starting to become a bit convinced we wont see football at our level next season, as horrible as it may seem with people ripping the arse out of stage 1 its going to set us back considerably. Hopefully we get a vaccine soon.

34 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thats good! Thought it maybe seemed a bit of a wind up. But given the way everyone’s forgotten the lockdown rules nothing would surprise me?

Im starting to become a bit convinced we wont see football at our level next season, as horrible as it may seem with people ripping the arse out of stage 1 its going to set us back considerably. Hopefully we get a vaccine soon.

When you saw the pictures of Portabello beach yesterday this virus is never going to go away.

16 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

You think clubs are stupid enough to play a genuine friendly and post results & pics on social media?

A bit like going for a bike ride to Edinburgh?

When you saw the pictures of Portabello beach yesterday this virus is never going to go away.

I think for once you and I totally have the same outlook on something!lol. Yes, saw about 400 people at Linn Park on saturday, kids saying things like ‘its ok we’re young and we dont die from it’. Its just not gonna go away until we get a vaccine or the virus mutates to a less lethal form.

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I think for once you and I totally have the same outlook on something!lol. Yes, saw about 400 people at Linn Park on saturday, kids saying things like ‘its ok we’re young and we dont die from it’. Its just not gonna go away until we get a vaccine or the virus mutates to a less lethal form.

That's what they seem to be saying about Italy. It isn't as strong as it was two months ago.