West of Scotland Football, What Is The Future?

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If Rangers go bust again would they have to start in the WOSL? Just given they make such a big deal about sporting integrity!

There is still the possibility within SPFL regulations to replace a club that has gone bust by "election" rather than promotion. So they'd probably get a free pass to League 2 again.

Obviously in such an event the common sense approach would be to let the winner of the HL/LL play-off go up automatically with club 42 staying up without PO, but that depends on how big the club going bust was I gues.

Suppose the only way you could police ground sharing is if it's a groundshare (with a time limit) and with a view to the club getting a ground of their own, of suitable standard. As mentioned it's making use of a ground every week, hopefully the sharing club can contribute to the pitch upkeep. There's usually very few problems around fixtures, clubs work things through eventually. Friday night games are welcome additions especially when you can't make a Saturday.

With what is basically an abolition of divisions in WOSFL for the first season at least, it could massively shake up the apple cart... An ambitious couple of former also rans could suddenly be contenders with a cash injection. But a bad  first season could maybe wipe out one or two former giants.

I worry that some clubs will see the chance of Lowland or SPFL footy as a golden carrot and spend too much to try and get it.

It might have made sense to have retained some of the previous structure for the start of this unless it was really the intention to have a clean slate and let everyone have a fair go at this.

2 minutes ago, weeto said:

With what is basically an abolition of divisions in WOSFL for the first season at least, it could massively shake up the apple cart... An ambitious couple of former also rans could suddenly be contenders with a cash injection. But a bad  first season could maybe wipe out one or two former giants.

I worry that some clubs will see the chance of Lowland or SPFL footy as a golden carrot and spend too much to try and get it.

It might have made sense to have retained some of the previous structure for the start of this unless it was really the intention to have a clean slate and let everyone have a fair go at this.

if you look at other threads, you will see the Lowland and EOS and SOS did this to make sure everyone was of equal standing. As the junior teams reputation and standings was that in the junior league, not the new WOS league so to cause no favoritism or no cherry picking they have everyone level.

if any team spends too much money trying to make the lowland league straight away then that's up to them, its either good business if they make it or bad business if they don't.

You will pay big money for two things, to either reach the lowland league or to try and stay in the top league when reconstructed by the standings of the leagues at the end of 20/21.
But any team who spends madly to try and make Lowland league without being licensed is wasting money

39 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

As the curtain comes down on the West Juniors, I'm sure the 7pm email will stir things up ! Can't say I totally agree with the champions announcement, definitely harsh on the Buffs ! Will there be any bitter recriminations I wonder. Can't wait to see the forum turn red hot later.

Junior forum for this pish.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Suppose the only way you could police ground sharing is if it's a groundshare (with a time limit) and with a view to the club getting a ground of their own, of suitable standard. As mentioned it's making use of a ground every week, hopefully the sharing club can contribute to the pitch upkeep. There's usually very few problems around fixtures, clubs work things through eventually. Friday night games are welcome additions especially when you can't make a Saturday.

Ourselves and Yoker will be permanently sharing Holm Park. I don't expect it will result in any problems

someone had better tell the fixture man about the marymass game

buggering up his list like it did with THE JUNIOR caledar 

maybe lok and st cadocs' can start up a new local derby cup also

preferably on a tues night as we don't want to go to elgin in a few yrs time

if we can get our ground licensed by then   lol

stay safe

7 minutes ago, nicotina said:

I'm sure if the conferences have odd numbers then both Irvine teams could be idle for the Marymass game if they aren't in the same league.

maybe lok and st cadocs' can start up a new local derby cup also
preferably on a tues night as we don't want to go to elgin in a few yrs time
if we can get our ground licensed by then   lol
stay safe

At least you’re not a seething mess about it though.

Once the first season goes by, clubs should almost be in their place in the tiers. 

I would love to see it form out like this...

WOS Premier
WOS First

WOS Second (split regionally)

any new clubs file into the Second league until that’s full and build a new level when we have too many clubs 

Edited by MacGafraidh
Afterthought

14 minutes ago, MacGafraidh said:

Once the first season goes by, clubs should almost be in their place in the tiers. 

I would love to see it form out like this...

WOS Premier
WOS First

WOS Second (split regionally)

any new clubs file into the Second league until that’s full and build a new level when we have too many clubs 

How do you see the regional split going?

Take there's within reason an equal number of teams in each region unlike the SoSL 5 teams caravan park league having the same chance as the West Region 67 teams at promotion.

Edited by Tutankhamen

5 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

How do you see the regional split going?

Take there's within reason an equal number of teams in each region unlike the SoSL 5 teams caravan park league having the same chance as the West Region 67 teams at promotion.

We could keep it flexible (Like the old Div 3 North and South in England) based on Geography of teams at that level. Or could simply do a 2nd Division A and B but my feeling is that if teams are at that level they will want to play teams geographically closer.

1 minute ago, MacGafraidh said:

We could keep it flexible (Like the old Div 3 North and South in England) based on Geography of teams at that level. Or could simply do a 2nd Division A and B but my feeling is that if teams are at that level they will want to play teams geographically closer.

As long as we don't go back to the farce of the Ayrshire League with 6 teams and a Central District League with 2 divisions.

Just now, Tutankhamen said:

As long as we don't go back to the farce of the Ayrshire League with 6 teams and a Central District League with 2 divisions.

God no! The idea I am floating is to solve two potential issues in the future...

the idea of “shire leagues”

having a potential entry point for ambitious boys/Ammies or other clubs that could hack it at a semi pro level.

13 minutes ago, MacGafraidh said:

God no! The idea I am floating is to solve two potential issues in the future...

the idea of “shire leagues”

having a potential entry point for ambitious boys/Ammies or other clubs that could hack it at a semi pro level.

If they can't afford the petrol in 2020 for say a 50 mile journey i'd question how organised any new club is.

Just now, Tutankhamen said:

If they can't afford the petrol in 2020 for say a 50 mile journey i'd question how organised any new club is.

That’s a fair point but having read the Junior forum for years, there is an appetite for playing teams close to them.