Woohoo ...

6 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Everyone bar me on here seemingly knows what i think or should be doing, it's quite the talent. I think a fool is someone who gets themselves so wrapped up in something they are not thinking logically and practically or the wider implications of ripping apart anyone who doesn't fanboy around uncertainty.

HE has shown us a sign! Seriously, you ok Killiepiyo?

For what it's worth, I totally get why a minority of supporters of a club of the standing of Talbot might have misgivings about the pyramid...for them there's a very real chance of a succession of promotions as far as the SPFL, where they eventually would reach a level in the medium to longer term where they overreached their potential and then spent a season getting reamed every week.

That's just football though.

Obviously the vicarious thrill of winning trophies is perhaps the most important thing for some, and I do understand why some would be reluctant to leave a situation where they're pretty much guaranteed to experience that thrill at least once every year - even though the club itself is consistently battering its head off a glass ceiling - to move into a situation where they might end up being a much smaller fish, albeit in a much larger pond.

It's not misgivings about the pyramid it's about how its is set up is my concerns and this coming season looks pretty nonsensical. Try and discuss your concerns and end up getting hounded on here by folk as having sour grapes or being negative. 

Still no mention of how the short fall of a 75% reduction in big league games this coming season will impact the larger clubs.

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

It's not misgivings about the pyramid it's about how its is set up is my concerns and this coming season looks pretty nonsensical. Try and discuss your concerns and end up getting hounded on here by folk as having sour grapes or being negative. 

Still no mention of how the short fall of a 75% reduction in big league games this coming season will impact the larger clubs.

There are a good few teams currently in the top league who wouldn't bring much of a support to away games anyway, so I'm not sure there'll be an enormous difference to the money that's coming in. Bear in mind it's one season of conferences and then things will assume a fairly familiar pattern.

We've had decades of sectional games that no-one cares about and eat up dates that midweek league games could be played and a national cup competition that can hold up league games for weeks at a time....I don't see one season of relative unfamiliarity being a deal-breaker.

If a committee with the experience and skill of Talbot's can't create a buzz of interest and subsequently monetise the fact they're in a new league where the sky is literally the limit, I'd be amazed.

Stop being so negative.

13 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Conferences are100% avoidable when you only have 4 new teams entering

Not really as its not the WRSJFA and there's an unfinished season. Keep in mind between the 4 West Region divisions 18 of the 63 would be switching divisions for 2020-21. Yet there's about 30 clubs that could fill those 18 spots right now due to the incomplete season.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Not really as its not the WRSJFA and there's an unfinished season. Keep in mind between the 4 West Region divisions 18 of the 63 would be switching divisions for 2020-21. Yet there's about 30 clubs that could fill those 18 spots right now due to the incomplete season.

Yeah its interesting times for sure mate. How is your club 'marketing' the new set up?

19 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Bold Prediction: Within 18 months every WOSL club will be look back at their Junior Days and thinking "it's mental how backwards and silly we were then".

That's no helpful is it? I wonder what Cove think now looking back, at how Talbot played them off the park before papping them out twice.

Who am I then?
Prove that I am who you think I am.
I'm not upset in anyway [emoji846]
Anyway I thought you were leaving or is your ego too big...

I don't know why your upset I know who you are, Should have been easy enough to prove thats no you?