39 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

The mythical cup that is so beloved by the people running Junior football that they are allowing Senior clubs to win it in perpetuity.

edit - 61 likes on the Twitter posts and all comments positive. Aye hatred of the future and clubs progressing is such a great thing.

And nothing negative on our FB either. I think these bemused supporters are sufficiently bemused that they're posting on the wrong pages.

"I'm on here to register my disappointment and bemusement at the Hill letting membership of the SJFA lapse."

"Can't help you there - we're a thrash metal band from New Zealand."

2 hours ago, traffordab said:

This is what happens when proper football men leave or sadly pass on at once big club junior club and you let a bunch of wrestling cowboys take charge of a club.

Already read a couple of bemused posts from supporters. 

Saying that grand scheme of things they won't be missed in the junior cup .

Those wrestling cowboys have nothing but the interests of your club at heart. I didn't see anyone else coming in and saving the Hill.

To be honest i have always had a soft spot for Maryhill having lived in both Maryhill and Summerton years ago and I would frequent Lochburn when the Bankies didn't exist or when I couldn't make an away game as I work Saturday nights. 

Guest Mr Happy
A lot of people saying football won’t return with spectators in the stadiums until 2021. Surely it won’t be that long for the WOSFL? Social distancing could easily be adhered to at 95% of the grounds 

You haven’t thought this through, your post is the ramblings of a football starved lunatic 🤪

3 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

And nothing negative on our FB either. I think these bemused supporters are sufficiently bemused that they're posting on the wrong pages....

Not surprised by the likes on twitter from Rob Roy, Glencairn, Clydebank U-20s and St Roch's, but the one from Kilbirnie Ladeside is a wee bit unexpected.

5 hours ago, traffordab said:

Hi, @traffordab, I'm really struggling to find these posts you describe. I'm sure you wouldn't be making this up as you're a fine upstanding member of the internet community. Perhaps you would be so kind as to provide some links to said posts?

Hugs and kisses

Cyclizine

6 hours ago, traffordab said:

This is what happens when proper football men leave or sadly pass on at once big club junior club and you let a bunch of wrestling cowboys take charge of a club.

Saying that grand scheme of things they won't be missed in the junior cup .

heaven forbid, this is not personal but

I love you to bits, you cheer me up no end.
Do you know, when I see your name straight away, I giggle even before I read your post
Can I ask you, please be here for the next few years and when there's only a handful of teams from the West who have kept their junior status, don't go in a huff when people rip the pish out of you and all you hear is 'We told you so, junior football is finished'

For anyone else, Junior football was fantastic in its day and should always be remember in each teams history but times move on and that's what it will be for many teams, an important part of their history, I know I remember every part of my years in junior football

Anyways, read the posters post below 🤣🤣🤣
hes that good, he makes me think "would I pay to see Pollok V Auchineck in the junior cup final or sit and watch him on stage sprouting his one man beliefs"

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Another once proud junior club in glencairn reduced to this sort of shambolic thing.

Starts of with one person opinion on things spreading through a small committee shoved down throats next thing a small band of members and fans know it everything they have ever known and loved about the football has changed. They will be left bemused confused and wondering what the hell is going on even if statement after statement has been issued in the lead up to this. 

The clubs left in the junior cup next season to carry on the proud tradition will be the clubs that have a true back bone and value for the supporter. 

Edited by traffordab

Another once proud junior club in glencairn reduced to this sort of shambolic thing.
Starts of with one person opinion on things spreading through a small committee shoved down throats next thing a small band of members and fans know it everything they have ever known and loved about the football has changed. They will be left bemused confused and wondering what the hell is going on even if statement after statement has been issued in the lead up to this. 
The clubs left in the junior cup next season to carry on the proud tradition will be the clubs that have a true back bone and value for the supporter. 
I was wondering how long it would take you. [emoji23]

23 minutes ago, traffordab said:

You’re talking more rubbish than Boris Johnson

As a supporter of a club remaining in the juniors and who loves going to away games in the Junior Cup I can say: you talk shite.

Clubs have to decide for themselves. I will happily go to away Junior Cup games in the West against clubs who decided to remain in the SJFA but no hard feelings to those who don't. Hopefully there will one day be an all-in non-league cup.

8 hours ago, traffordab said:

2 hours ago, traffordab said:

Hi again @traffordab. Looks like you're back. I'm sad you haven't helped me by showing me where those bemused posts from the Maryhill fans are. I'm starting to think you made it up! What are you like, eh?

xox

Hi again [mention=79393]traffordab[/mention]. Looks like you're back. I'm sad you haven't helped me by showing me where those bemused posts from the Maryhill fans are. I'm starting to think you made it up! What are you like, eh?
xox
Of course he made it up. He lives in a wee fantasy land all of his own. [emoji23]

25 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Hi again @traffordab. Looks like you're back. I'm sad you haven't helped me by showing me where those bemused posts from the Maryhill fans are. I'm starting to think you made it up! What are you like, eh?

xox

22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Of course he made it up. He lives in a wee fantasy land all of his own. emoji23.png

Yeah, the online torches and pitchforks have been conspicuous by their absence funnily enough.

Obviously it's been impossible to canvas the opinions of absolutely everybody who follows the club especially in the current climate, but we've engaged the support as best we could through the whole process, and the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive.

I guess in our case it turns out people follow the club rather than the association they currently play under the auspices of...who'd have thunk it?

Edited by Hillonearth

Yeah, the online torches and pitchforks have been conspicuous by their absence funnily enough.
Obviously it's been impossible to canvas the opinions of absolutely everybody who follows the club especially in the current climate, but we've engaged the support as best we could through the whole process, and the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive.
I guess in our case it turns out people follow the club rather than the association they currently play under the auspices of...who'd have thunk it?

No youre all a big shower of giant haystacks cowboys, because history and tradition.