4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The East Region Juniors set their league and cup prices. The SPFL, SFA, and SJFA set a minimum for their cup competitions.

Unfortunately, that doesn't make it legal! It's one of those crimes where the likelihood of being caught is low, but the potential penalties are severe. Just not worth it. What does it achieve?

With the possibility of clubs being able to rise quickly with the lower leagues of Juniors being effectively abolished for the first season in the WOS, I hope some ambitious smaller clubs don’t try to stupidly overstretch themselves Gretna style and burn out.

Wouldn’t surprise me if some of the bigger ex Junior clubs have a real go at promotion but the cost of not rising up the divisions could be big for some.

There will be a bottleneck too as some of the big juniors are bigger and better clubs than a lot of the existing Lowland League teams.

It’s not impossible that the standards in the WOSFL could necessitate a Lowland League split if there are a lot of clubs trying to move up the divisions. I was actually saying for years I thought that a three region system was the best option like the Juniors had.

1 hour ago, weeto said:

There will be a bottleneck too as some of the big juniors are bigger and better clubs than a lot of the existing Lowland League teams.

Yeah, right. They have the chance to prove it in the forthcoming season and beyond, but until then Tier 6 remains below Tier 5, astonishingly. Not bigger or better.

With the possibility of clubs being able to rise quickly with the lower leagues of Juniors being effectively abolished for the first season in the WOS, I hope some ambitious smaller clubs don’t try to stupidly overstretch themselves Gretna style and burn out.
Wouldn’t surprise me if some of the bigger ex Junior clubs have a real go at promotion but the cost of not rising up the divisions could be big for some.
It’s not impossible that the standards in the WOSFL could necessitate a Lowland League split if there are a lot of clubs trying to move up the divisions. I was actually saying for years I thought that a three region system was the best option like the Juniors had.
So because the west juniors are on board the whole footballing map has to change for the lowland area?

As I said to you on the LL forum let's wait and see if some of these 'bigger and better' wosfl clubs can: a) get to the LL, b) manage to remain in the LL and c) manage to form a title challenge like Kelty and Bonnyrigg have.

Any split is less likely to come at tier 5 and is more likely to come at tier 6 in the formation of a licensed LL2 East and West, essentially what we have now but for licensed clubs only.

Not only won't the LL want a split at tier 5, the spfl clubs won't want a regional set up directly below their own bottom league.

5 hours ago, G4Mac said:

So because the west juniors are on board the whole footballing map has to change for the lowland area?

As I said to you on the LL forum let's wait and see if some of these 'bigger and better' wosfl clubs can: a) get to the LL, b) manage to remain in the LL and c) manage to form a title challenge like Kelty and Bonnyrigg have.

Any split is less likely to come at tier 5 and is more likely to come at tier 6 in the formation of a licensed LL2 East and West, essentially what we have now but for licensed clubs only.

Not only won't the LL want a split at tier 5, the spfl clubs won't want a regional set up directly below their own bottom league.

Talbot would walk it.

9 hours ago, G4Mac said:

They already have a regional set up directly below their own bottom league.

15 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

In EOS clubs can charge as they wish as theres no max/min set but all clubs off top of my head are between £5-£7 & Stirling Uni's EOS 2nd xi is entry by donation of your choosing. Some of the ex-juniors have increased from £6 but that's fair & understandable given the investment clubs have put into infrastructure etc.

Lowland League is in the same range price wise with outliers in East StirlingSHIRE at £8 & Berwick Rangers at £10.

Edit:

Found this thread from last year with a price breakdown

FTFY

They already have a regional set up directly below their own bottom league.
And they wouldn't want that split any further was the point of the post. Spfl clubs already dread the drop from the spfl into the LL or HL, they wouldn't want to drop into a LL east or LL west and fight it out with potentially 16 extra teams for one promotion place.

Talbot would walk it.
I guess we will find that out once they get their licence, manage to win their conference, manage to win the wosfl playoff (to determine the overall champion) and subsequently manage to win the playoff between the eos, wos and sos. Then they can have their attempt to walk the LL.

As I've said before there is only one way to prove how good Talbot are, get to the LL and find out. One off cup games, whilst impressive and deserving of credit, are massively different to games played across an entire league season.

Talbot would walk it.
I dont think Talbot will walk it
The lowland league seems to be getting stronger every year and it could be a few years till Talbot get there but I do believe if Talbot went for it a few years ago it would have been a different story and would have won the lowland league easily

I don't think any club can really be sure of "walking it" into the top of the LL and to be honest we are now at least 2 years behind the clubs that joined the EoSL from the Juniors. I'm sure there will be a good few surprise teams now we are all on a relatively level playing field now. Interesting times ahead though. 

17 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Be interesting to see what becomes of Talbot post Tommy Sloan. 17 years manager there now. Clubs can find it hard to adapt to such change.

He's still a relatively a young manager and could be at Talbot for another 17 years. Also there is a number of younger managers now plying their trade that played for Tommy and still respected at Beechwood because most of them are legends. I don't think we would be stuck for a manager if Tommy decided to hang his boots up (or whoevers boots he's managed to get a hold off). At the moment he's happy where he is and were happy to have him. He's a top bloke too.

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

He's still a relatively a young manager and could be at Talbot for another 17 years. Also there is a number of younger managers now plying their trade that played for Tommy and still respected at Beechwood because most of them are legends. I don't think we would be stuck for a manager if Tommy decided to hang his boots up (or whoevers boots he's managed to get a hold off). At the moment he's happy where he is and were happy to have him. He's a top bloke too.

Didn't say you'd be stuck for a manager but the phenomenal success under TS will be a tall order for anyone to replicate. I think Lok have had something like 10 managers in his time.

Tucker is 55 so I wouldn't call that 'relatively young'! For a part-time manager anyway. And also 2nd oldest in the current top flight.

Tucker (Talbot) 55

Bryan Young (Beith) 33

Paul Lovering (Bens) 44

Gordon Moffat (Clydebank) 37

Tony McInally (Cumnock) 52

Craig McEwan (Glenafton) 42

Darren Henderson (Hurlford) 53

James Latta  / Colin Spence (Meadow) 35/36

Robert Scott (Kilbirnie) 30s

Chris Strain (Kilwinning) 40

Stewart Maxwell (Rob Roy) 43

Stuart Davidson (Largs) 40

Murdo MacKinnon (Pollok) 41

David Gormley (Rossvale) 31

Willie Harvey (Glencairn) 60

Jimmy Kirkwood (Troon) 43

Didn't say you'd be stuck for a manager but the phenomenal success under TS will be a tall order for anyone to replicate. I think Lok have had something like 10 managers in his time.

Tucker is 55 so I wouldn't call that 'relatively young'! For a part-time manager anyway. And also 2nd oldest in the current top flight.

Tucker (Talbot) 55

Bryan Young (Beith) 33

Paul Lovering (Bens) 44

Gordon Moffat (Clydebank) 37

Tony McInally (Cumnock) 52

Craig McEwan (Glenafton) 42

Darren Henderson (Hurlford) 53

James Latta  / Colin Spence (Meadow) 35/36

Robert Scott (Kilbirnie) 30s

Chris Strain (Kilwinning) 40

Stewart Maxwell (Rob Roy) 43

Stuart Davidson (Largs) 40

Murdo MacKinnon (Pollok) 41

David Gormley (Rossvale) 31

Willie Harvey (Glencairn) 60

Jimmy Kirkwood (Troon) 43

Could you list them in terms of longest serving managers ? Tucker obviously way out in front, but would Willie Harvey be second (10 years this summer) ?