21 minutes ago, Dev said:

The problem with the West stats is that so few games were recorded as there was a later start there. The figures aren't yet representative. Hopefully this will be different from now on though.

From the new season I will issue fines for non supply of headcounts 😀 

14 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Noticed that. 

Saw they were mentioned as a possible applicant at one stage. Few years ago they went bust mind.

iirc about two seasons ago there was talk of the Violet name being revived by some amateur team in the area & re-joining the west juniors but nothing came of it. The name of the amateur club escapes me however.

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

A reasonable point for clubs with 0-2 returns but as it goes higher the pattern gets established.

But if many say that there's not enough games played for PPG to be reasonably fair then surely the same principle applies to attendances?

7 minutes ago, Dev said:

But if many say that there's not enough games played for PPG to be reasonably fair then surely the same principle applies to attendances?

I disagree on both points. And crowds don't vary that wildly unless there are teams with disproportionate away followings and in the Juniors that is not really the case outside of a few clubs. 3 /4 home attendances begins to show a pattern.

16 minutes ago, Dev said:

Nobody's getting seeded based on attendances, one would hope!

In many - even most - cases, even though the project was started a few games into the season there are enough attendance figures available to give a rough idea of what their average crowds are like. If there are say three figures available with a low of 75 and a high of 105, it's safe to say average attendance is in the 85-95 ballpark, and the next home game's unlikely to bring an extra 300 out of the woodwork, a wildcard home tie against a big side excluded.

It's an inexact science however and will remain so in large part...the Highland League attendances that used to be published in the Sunday papers were notoriously inaccurate. I remember the first time I was up at Fort William for example where the Sunday Mail the next day quoted a crowd of something like 160...130-odd of that number had done a cracking job of being invisible the previous day!

9 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Perhaps not the case given the current exceptional circumstances and the anticipated time lag before football can restart.

I don't know if you've noticed but they've already done a series of extensions. There comes a point where you have to start building up the foundations of what the WOSFL will be.