3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Shouldn't be much longer for a statement on it. Something clearly good enough for the WoSFL. Previous speculation was around a Junior groundshare.

image.png.c017e2e857b2abe1f6d27c7071eb94c8.png

But really can't see a grass one working. bens the only south siders with 3g and their bed's taken!

If they are staying Mearns focused, EK is not far away at all, though K park the wrong side of town. St Cadoc's 21s played at Mearns Castle and that overlooks EK.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Just now, Talbot supporter said:

Where the feck are all these teams going, need about 5 Leagues

I imagine they'll be sticking to 4 Conferences at the same level for the ease of crowning an overall champion in a playoff and to use the Top 4 to form a Premier. Then possibly 5-8 to form the next tiered division below and so on.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

But really can't see a grass one working. bens the only south siders with 3g and their bed's taken!

If they are staying Mearns focused, EK is not far away at all, though K park the wrong side of town.

If its only for a year or two until they get something of their own i'm sure its manageable. There's been groundshares on grass parks before.

2 minutes ago, juniorjunior said:

Who are St Cadoc and what can they realistically offer? Sorry I haven’t heard of them. 

They are a 33 year old youth side from Newton Mearns.

https://www.stcadocs.co.uk/

A bit like Rossvale when they came into the Juniors and they have done ok!

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 minute ago, juniorjunior said:

Who are St Cadoc and what can they realistically offer? Sorry I haven’t heard of them. 

Established youth club from Newton Mearns. As for what they can offer. Same sort of potential of Rossvale, Gartcairn had in the West Juniors. As well as other former youth clubs that formed senior age sides in other divisions like East Kilbride, Cumbernauld Colts and BSC Glasgow.

25 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Established youth club from Newton Mearns. As for what they can offer. Same sort of potential of Rossvale, Gartcairn had in the West Juniors. As well as other former youth clubs that formed senior age sides in other divisions like East Kilbride, Cumbernauld Colts and BSC Glasgow.

Thank you FairWeatherFan 👍 really looking forward to the new league set up, let’s hope the new guys can offer something. 

Decided to dip my toe back in the water again, now there's a WoSL dedicated page.

I'm looking forward to some new away days, and games at the like of Berwick can be made into overnights away which is always a bonus.

Few things

How long does the LL think that just one promotion place with three teams feeding into it will placate fans of teams, who win their league but see no signs of advancement? I would think there will have to be two up, two down within a short period of time so it doesn't become stale.

Now that the likes of Talbot are in the new set up, I hope we can attract the Groundhopping fraternity for one of their Scottish away days. The WJFA frowned upon it "We kick off at 2pm" attitude.

Programmes for the first games will be eagerly snapped up by collectors, and I'll certainly have a full season's worth in my own collection.

There will be no more Junior International matches (I assume) so will there be some kind of international set up so that players can still achieve caps, something like the England "C" team, made up from the non league ranks? Has it been discussed at all? 

A huge news story for Scottish Football with effectively the launch and announcement of clubs today. Just a shame its happening the same day as everything else going on in the spfl which will take the headlines. Then again maybe helps gives a softer launch. 

3 minutes ago, juniorjunior said:

Thank you FairWeatherFan 👍 really looking forward to the new league set up, let’s hope the new guys can offer something. 

What I will say is first year is going to be the bigget hurdle. So don't judge them or Drumchapel United too harshly. Its going to be massive learning curve balancing their player pathway ideals and having an experienced core.