EdinburghBlue

Kelty awarded title

7 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Still got beat by a junior team in the scottish Cup for the past 2 seasons lol emoji38.png

Aye they did,but they're not going to lose any sleep over it,especially as they're now League 2 champions and will be playing League 1 football next season.

We have to keep the boundary under review. Tier 5 and below are changing beyond belief and the system has to be tweaked to take account of this.
The German model has "colts" - so rein yourself in!
See what I did there.
I like it!

I just meant the system, not on board with colt teams!

i see Livingston promoting 2 up 2 down between L2 and tier 5.

94257170_3098604246846062_4368186528367640576_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104%26_nc_sid=110474%26_nc_ohc=Q-ZoA0fDIGAAX-tqqqH%26_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx%26oh=8110c583aa264bbe69065a8b7b4f33ba%26oe=5EC5A1E5&key=4f123a55dc07dc23b77b3932fab066097633f816c48b976e2cdf65f804ffc5f1
That will never happen with the Brechin Chairman on the spfl board

On 22 April 2020 at 00:08, allyg1977 said:

Still got beat by a junior team in the scottish Cup for the past 2 seasons lol emoji38.png

Aye and well beat.

24 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Aye and well beat.

Cove  got well beat?

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Aye and well beat.

Having attended the game they weren’t “well beat”. They were suckered by talbots only attempt on target in the full match. They peppered the talbot goal all day and got done by a long hopeful punt minutes from time. How would talbot have fared if they didn’t have leishman in goal (imo one of the best goalkeepers outside the spfl)

1 hour ago, pipedreamer said:

Having attended the game they weren’t “well beat”. They were suckered by talbots only attempt on target in the full match. They peppered the talbot goal all day and got done by a long hopeful punt minutes from time. How would talbot have fared if they didn’t have leishman in goal (imo one of the best goalkeepers outside the spfl)

As Big DJ used to say, it's goals that count.

17 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

As Big DJ used to say, give me a pie.

FTFY

13 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

Barry Ferguson has done a good job at Kelty. It is a tough league to win. I hope they and Brora are promoted to the Scottish League with the league increasing by two teams. -

Naw ye don't 

18 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

Barry Ferguson has done a good job at Kelty. It is a tough league to win. I hope they and Brora are promoted to the Scottish League with the league increasing by two teams. -

Lets do a deal, you can just keep proposing colts teams in the league and we can just treat all your posts with the contempt they deserve. :)

20 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

So tough to win a league when you get enough cash to buy half a team from two levels above. Aye, alright.

On 23/04/2020 at 14:16, pipedreamer said:

I also attended the game and they didn't pepper the Talbot goal all day long. I will admit Cove had most of the play but barely created a chance and Leishman wasn't particularly busy.

As for saying the goal was a hopeful punt, that is nonsense, it was a good pass to release Boylan on the Talbot right who skinned the full back and put in a perfect cross for Hyslop to meet on the run and power home

League 2 clubs as per Elgin & Stenny chairman have agreed to favour a 14-14-14 option in the current reconstruction process.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

League 2 clubs as per Elgin & Stenny chairman have agreed to favour a 14-14-14 option in the current reconstruction process.

As I said on other thread, self serving arseholes.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Does anyone else think the complete lack of ambition may actually be the biggest threat to the game In Scotland?

I really hope Brora and Kelty go up, one as it will make it slightly easier for the shire and two to flush shite like Elgin out the leagues. Only admitted on geographical grounds and have literally offered nothing to the Scottish leagues in their twenty odd years. At least Stenny have shown a bit of ambition to get promoted in recent years.

11 hours ago, craigiemack said:

I really hope Brora and Kelty go up, one as it will make it slightly easier for the shire and two to flush shite like Elgin out the leagues. Only admitted on geographical grounds and have literally offered nothing to the Scottish leagues in their twenty odd years. At least Stenny have shown a bit of ambition to get promoted in recent years.

I’m sure Stenny have never won a league title ( might be wrong ?)

You are right though, Elgin haven’t really brought much to the leagues in their time.

14 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

13 hours ago, The Informer said:

As I said on other thread, self serving arseholes.

I think just about everyone will be voting to suit their own club. League 2 clubs would've been mad not to agree with that proposal; would mean they are only 1 promotion away from the Championship instead of 2.

16 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

So tough to win a league when you get enough cash to buy half a team from two levels above. Aye, alright.

It seems to be the way.....Peterhead, Clyde and Cove.  Plenty money and some Championship/Premier league level players.