Kelty awarded title

EdinburghBlue

Ken Ferguson, chairman of [Club 42] Brechin City and a member of the 9 man SPFL board has indicated he got support for a special clause that meant any decision they make will ensure that Brechin can not face ANY possibility of relegation.

Only kidding 😩

Congrats to Kelty. This was the best way the season could've ended from this point on, all things considered. 

Hopefully something can be sorted out re promotion, but tbqh I can't see it happening at this point, unfortunately. 

That being said, stranger things have literally happened every week of this year, so who knows 

Well.

We now know that the play off teams are Kelty v Brora with the winner playing Brechin.

We also know that any change to the play off arrangements has to be agreed by all of the following:

SPFL SFA LL HL

There's no rule as far as I know that says when the play off has to take place, and as we are only talking about 4 games, it could take place Saturday/Wednesday/Saturday/Wednesday over 10 days at the start of next season. I hope it does.

I'm disappointed with the ruling, but also, I think it's hard to find fault with it and it's good people running the lowland league. They would have agonized over this.

I'm also sure that Kelty would have much rather had have won this on the pitch. It's not their fault that opportunity was denied to them.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I'll take a guess that we see the SPFL going 14/10/10/10 with no relegation, the top two teams in each league moved up and Kelty/Brora added to League Two. I wonder if they've made this choice to call it as they've had a nudge saying they need a champion to stick them in League Two.

That would certainly avoid upsetting the vast majority of SPFL clubs, but I could see it being used as a way to get two colt teams into the 4th tier, as much as it would be to get Kelty and Brora in.

1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:

That would certainly avoid upsetting the vast majority of SPFL clubs, but I could see it being used as a way to get two colt teams into the 4th tier, as much as it would be to get Kelty and Brora in.

Out with the Premiership there is too much opposition to colts teams for that to happen under the current set up. Radical restructuring would be required and even then I think it would be unlikely.

53 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Out with the Premiership there is too much opposition to colts teams for that to happen under the current set up. Radical restructuring would be required and even then I think it would be unlikely.

Colts would need to start at the bottom. 

Chris Anderson has just confirmed that Vale will have their floodlights installed in time for next season, so their license should be safe.
What this announcement gives is certainty. I suspect Bo'ness will come up, but no team from the SoS as Stranraer reserves would win on points per game. We'll either run a 16 team league should Kelty gain promotion, or 17 teams if not.

Stranraer clearly not going to ask for a decision using PPG.

14 hours ago, edinabear said:

At least wait a few weeks before making a decision as it is a continually changing situation. 

In what way is it continually changing?

There's no flip flopping back and forth here. No questions of maybe aye, maybe no.

Everything that has been and is being communicated is ending with longer and longer and longer delays of any resolution. In a few weeks time, we won't be any closer to knowing. I dare say we won't even be any closer in 2-3 months. There's little to no chance next season is starting on schedule.

A lot of people saying it's time to use this as an excuse for reconstruction. It's actually probably also a convenient time for us to go whole hog and change to summer football structure across the country as it might well be more or less 2021 before we can kick off regardless.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Looking at their profile they were liking stuff on Saturday.

I imagine with no actual football to go on, there hasn't been much to contribute.

Wi the LL statement yesterday,the new WoSL and the SPFL voting carry on very surprised he hasn't raised an opinion on any these topics though. 

Edited by newcastle broon

On 13/04/2020 at 19:29, BS7 said:

Well.

We now know that the play off teams are Kelty v Brora with the winner playing Brechin.

We also know that any change to the play off arrangements has to be agreed by all of the following:

SPFL SFA LL HL

There's no rule as far as I know that says when the play off has to take place, and as we are only talking about 4 games, it could take place Saturday/Wednesday/Saturday/Wednesday over 10 days at the start of next season. I hope it does.

I'm disappointed with the ruling, but also, I think it's hard to find fault with it and it's good people running the lowland league. They would have agonized over this.

I'm also sure that Kelty would have much rather had have won this on the pitch. It's not their fault that opportunity was denied to them.

Absolutely no chance of play-offs unless the SPFL somehow decide to play out the remaining games of 19/20.

Absolutely no chance of play-offs unless the SPFL somehow decide to play out the remaining games of 19/20.
As the decisions are all being taken on the basis of no football able to be played then theres certainly no hope of a playoff