Kelty awarded title

EdinburghBlue

7 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Erm, no I'm responding to your post and disagreeing so arguing with you.

I wouldnt say so, we didnt get into numbers and what kelty spent or their rivals spent. They have spent compared to some teams in a short space of time to get licensing etc. 3rd in a league they have been promoted into is hardly a disaster.

They are entitled to go (and get their shot)because they have won the respective leagues since leaving the junior leagues and deserve a chance at the  spfl. Which was what was sold to them if they joined the senior set up. They made that jump, they put the effort into meeting the criteria and then won the required competitions so even by sporting merit they should be allowed their shot and are being denied via a committee vote, a vote that is in conflict of the rules and being headed by the chairman of a club who will be impacted/potentially relegated on the park and the same chairman put forward a motion to relegate other teams. Its totally and transparently corrupt.

Yeah the lowland league have been shafted as you say. Which is the crux of the whole debate. Kelty being pretty much part of that. Club 42 is bottom,the clubs voted that the league placing stands. Brechin should be included.

Mate you have well and truly thrown the toys out the pram and clutching at straws here don't blame you kelty hearts have been sold a dud watch here and that along with the horrific financial restrictions felt by all clubs for the rest of the year it's a nightmare scenario for them. 

Nothing will happen here despite another statement what is it with scottish football and constant need for statements. 

Taking on any sort of legal action would be absolute madness and get them nowhere and cost a fortune for nothing. 

9 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Mate you have well and truly thrown the toys out the pram and clutching at straws here don't blame you kelty hearts have been sold a dud watch here and that along with the horrific financial restrictions felt by all clubs for the rest of the year it's a nightmare scenario for them. 

Nothing will happen here despite another statement what is it with scottish football and constant need for statements. 

Taking on any sort of legal action would be absolute madness and get them nowhere and cost a fortune for nothing. 

Yeah I'm annoyed and can see for the second time one of my teams being denied via  committee rather than sporting integrity. This time though I think they have a legal case. The rules and over arching governing body are on their side and if they do have proof the brechin chairman acted inappropriately then that's even better. Why shouldn't fans of kelty speak out and take this as far as they can go

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

25 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

And I didnt realise the spfl was always right, dont  vote in self interest and make league placing count in exception of one team.

It’s not one team though is it? There are no playoffs in any of the leagues.

4 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

The spfl decided not to stage playoffs in  their leagues by vote.

The lowland league as per the spfl and pyramid rules didnt.  They wernt part of any vote. The rules said the lowland league must agree any changes to the pyramid structure which they didn't. 

Every team above kelty who finished bottom have been relegated(hearts pending) and every club that won their league have been promoted.

3 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Yeah I'm annoyed and can see for the second time one of my teams being denied via  committee rather than sporting integrity. This time though I think they have a legal case. The rules and over arching governing body are on their side and if they do have proof the brechin chairman acted inappropriately then that's even better. Why shouldn't fans of kelty speak out and take this as far as they can go

One of your teams?  🤔

Even the kelty fans know the games up and they have nowhere to go on this. It's unfortunate but we live in difficult times and i hope somehow kelty can get over this massive disappointment. They must be well and truly scunnered with the whole system now and wonder why they bother. 

7 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

But they all did agree league placings stand and they all collectively voted for it.

The lowland league and kelty did  not get a vote on something that effected them.  A vote put together by the chairman of an spfl club which would be the one in the playoff.

3 minutes ago, traffordab said:

One of your teams?  🤔

Even the kelty fans know the games up and they have nowhere to go on this. It's unfortunate but we live in difficult times and i hope somehow kelty can get over this massive disappointment. They must be well and truly scunnered with the whole system now and wonder why they bother. 

Yes. Another one of my teams was placed in a league by committee which should never have happened. I'm sure if you knew anything about Scottish football you can work it out.

They do have route to go. Firstly they can refer to the rules that are there in black on white, they can also go to the governing bodies who I think will back them and lastly they can go to court and I think if they did they would win. 

8 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

But they all did agree league placings stand and they all collectively voted for it.

The lowland league and kelty did  not get a vote on something that effected them.  A vote put together by the chairman of an spfl club which would be the one in the playoff.

I understand that but there aren’t going to be any playoffs. So what would be your solution to that?

Would I be right in saying that the other lowland league clubs didn’t get a vote in awarding Kelty the title?

3 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Yes. Another one of my teams was placed in a league by committee which should never have happened. I'm sure if you knew anything about Scottish football you can work it out.

They do have route to go. Firstly they can refer to the rules that are there in black on white, they can also go to the governing bodies who I think will back them and lastly they can go to court and I think if they did they would win. 

They won't win. 

It would cost a shitload of time and money even if they were crazy enough to do so. 

Even the infamous friend of the club donald findlay would get nowhere with this. 

It's all bluster for god sake the powers that be aren't concerned in the slightest with a club like rangers threats never mind in the grand scheme of things what the small fry are saying. 

So again put yourself in that chairman's shoes what would you do ?

Only looking after number 1 which you seem to be doing here 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

I understand that but there aren’t going to be any playoffs. So what would be your solution to that?

Would I be right in saying that the other lowland league clubs didn’t get a vote in awarding Kelty the title?

My solution would be take them to court for breaching their own rules. Involving the governing bodies who forced and sold a pyramid system and ultimately forcing the spfl to accept reconstruction or face legal and financial penalties via the courts.

On your second question it's a good one. However I'm sure that was decided upon via the rules.....the pyramid wasnt.

3 minutes ago, traffordab said:

They won't win. 

It would cost a shitload of time and money even if they were crazy enough to do so. 

Even the infamous friend of the club donald findlay would get nowhere with this. 

It's all bluster for god sake the powers that be aren't concerned in the slightest with a club like rangers threats never mind in the grand scheme of things what the small fry are saying. 

I think they can. Morally they are in the right and have the governing bodies on their side. I dont think we should accept it just because people see us as wee.

15 minutes ago, traffordab said:

They won't win. 

People said celtic wouldnt win when they took on the sfa and Fary but they did and won. Anyone who pedals the "roll over and die" pish which scottish fans are presumed to accept are a cancer on our game and have been for decades. Once it's in a court of law and then being judged on it doesnt matter how big or wee kelty are perceived as.

Findlay is knob. 

They might be concerned if a legal case pointing out that are in breach of their own rules, conflict of interest was involved in the breach of those rules and the governing body deem the whole thing to be against the principles of a pyramid.

On your second question it's a good one. However I'm sure that was decided upon via the rules.....the pyramid wasnt.

The rules state bottom club goes down  (last season ring any bells) but they haven't this season. Rules are there to be broken. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

People said celtic wouldnt win when they took on the sfa and Fary but they did.

Findlay is knob. 

They might be concerned if a legal case pointing out that are in breach of their own rules, conflict of interest was involved in the breach of those rules and the governing body deem the whole thing to be against the principles of a pyramid.

Dear oh dear mate.

You are allowed an opinion like everyone else on here but let it go and get back to concentrating on dunfermline or another team you 'support'

Principles of the pyramid ma lord 😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

The rules state bottom club goes down  (last season ring any bells) but they haven't this season. Rules are there to be broken. 🤷‍♂️

Rules can be changed by a collective vote by the spfl in their own leagues.Thats not the case for the pyramid/lowland league.

Btw the rules state club 42 should be in a relegation playoff.....but shockingly the vote put forward by their chairman relegated everyone else and saved them from any potential relegation.

6 minutes ago, traffordab said:

Dear oh dear mate.

You are allowed an opinion like everyone else on here but let it go and get back to concentrating on dunfermline or another team you 'support'

Principles of the pyramid ma lord 😂😂😂😂

I'm not going to get into the dunfermline thing but that was another total shambles and corrupt as f**k. And why wouldn't I vocally get passionate about my club being fucked over.

Yeah what's wrong with supporting the principles of sporting integrity?