Kelty awarded title

EdinburghBlue

13 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

If this happens and no promotion from LL or HL and no automatic relegation is included in the reconstruction I for one will convert my efforts into going back Junior.

it will be nothing short of a disgrace especially if Cove and Edinburgh are involved. A fair promotion relegation from league 2 will show that those lingering at the bottom being replaced by their non league equivalents as an annual thing and might even galvanise those who have stagnated like Cowdenbeath and Brechin.

Don't blame you mate. 

Feel for Kelty and Brora two clubs well and truly shafted and conned into this pyramid idea. Dozens of clubs further down the system have bought into this shambles with no prospect of ever being promoted 

BONNYRIGG  GOING BACK 2 BEING JUNIOR WILL MEAN THAT THEY WILL NOT HAVE 2 SPEND ANY MONEY ON GETTING A PITCH THAT IS LEVEL OR PLAYABLE . 5 MINS RAIN & NEW DUNDAS PARK IS DEEMED UNPLAYABLE. WORSE THAN VICTORIA PARK INNERLEITHEN OR WHITEHILL`s FERGUSON PARK FOR " RAIN OFFs "😝

19 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

If this happens and no promotion from LL or HL and no automatic relegation is included in the reconstruction I for one will convert my efforts into going back Junior.

it will be nothing short of a disgrace especially if Cove and Edinburgh are involved. A fair promotion relegation from league 2 will show that those lingering at the bottom being replaced by their non league equivalents as an annual thing and might even galvanise those who have stagnated like Cowdenbeath and Brechin.

Absolutely no need to bring Cowden into it. They were in the top 4 so hoping for play offs which could have lead to promotion. 
Poor comment.

2 hours ago, big al said:

Absolutely no need to bring Cowden into it. They were in the top 4 so hoping for play offs which could have lead to promotion. 
Poor comment.

I didn’t mean anything other than mentioning those who have finished bottom recently and been saved by an unfair playoff system.

Some amount of bricking it from the League 2 clubs this season,we had the debacle only a couple of months ago of Brechin who on their probable way to relegation were trying to weedle a route into the LL,because they fancied it more,now we have the scandalous 14/14/14 proposal to keep Brora and Kelty where they are for a bit longer.
All this before the mighty Auchinleck Talbot show up,cannot wait for the seethe,its gonna be something.........

Its despicable stuff, pathetic cowardice from League 2 clubs. They’ve been nice and cosy for far too long. It’s been a joy to see Cove come up and batter League 2 sides about for fun as they romped to the title - and it will be beautiful when the likes of Kelty, Brora and The Talbot come up and smash these sides about as well. Brechin crying about potentially joining the HL, where they would rightfully belong if they went down, topped it all off for me. The entitlement that these clubs has a resemblance to the way Rangers behaved when they went bust. It’s like they think because they are traditional senior sides in the professional leagues that they don’t deserve to go down. Get it right up them, change is coming and there’s nothing they can do to stop it.

12 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Its despicable stuff, pathetic cowardice from League 2 clubs. They’ve been nice and cosy for far too long. It’s been a joy to see Cove come up and batter League 2 sides about for fun as they romped to the title - and it will be beautiful when the likes of Kelty, Brora and The Talbot come up and smash these sides about as well. Brechin crying about potentially joining the HL, where they would rightfully belong if they went down, topped it all off for me. The entitlement that these clubs has a resemblance to the way Rangers behaved when they went bust. It’s like they think because they are traditional senior sides in the professional leagues that they don’t deserve to go down. Get it right up them, change is coming and there’s nothing they can do to stop it.

clearly looking to get your greenie count up a bit 😂

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

Its only despicable stuff if there are plans to stop relegation from/promotion to SPFL from next season which is highly unlikely in my opinion. 14-14-14 might even make it more likely we might see an automatic relegation spot from the bottom  SPFL league.

This would be one positive that might come out of it.  Overall the L2 clubs are doing themselves more damage in the long run as one of the reasons they are stagnating is the same old same old every week and no variation.

5 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

The L2 clubs are only doing what everyone else is doing, looking out for them selves and stuff everyone else. Right from the top (Celtic) down to the very bottom, that’s Scottish football in a nutshell. hearts want reconstruction to save them, Hamilton don’t as more chance they go down next season (and so on and so on),

Even Kelty are trying to buy there way in, giving up prize money to get in as a financial sweetener. That’s exploiting a worldwide health disaster and trying to gain from it. Facts are, Kelty hadn’t even won their league, Bonnyrigg were putting up a fight and they had a tough run in. Then they had to win a play off semi final, then a final to get up. These conditions were set out before the season started, so why should they get to skip them all? 
under no circumstances could 2 non league teams be promoted to L2 unless maybe somebody went bust, yet suddenly something that wasn’t possible should now be forced in because of a virus?

Everyone has their  own agendas and LL no different. 

Before you have a meltdown, I think the LL/HL play off winner should automatically go up and this year probably Brechin would automatically go down, so I’m not anti LL at all. 

3 hours ago, big al said:

The L2 clubs are only doing what everyone else is doing, looking out for them selves and stuff everyone else. Right from the top (Celtic) down to the very bottom, that’s Scottish football in a nutshell. hearts want reconstruction to save them, Hamilton don’t as more chance they go down next season (and so on and so on),

Even Kelty are trying to buy there way in, giving up prize money to get in as a financial sweetener. That’s exploiting a worldwide health disaster and trying to gain from it. Facts are, Kelty hadn’t even won their league, Bonnyrigg were putting up a fight and they had a tough run in. Then they had to win a play off semi final, then a final to get up. These conditions were set out before the season started, so why should they get to skip them all? 
under no circumstances could 2 non league teams be promoted to L2 unless maybe somebody went bust, yet suddenly something that wasn’t possible should now be forced in because of a virus?

Everyone has their  own agendas and LL no different. 

Before you have a meltdown, I think the LL/HL play off winner should automatically go up and this year probably Brechin would automatically go down, so I’m not anti LL at all. 

Great post mate. 

Something not quite right about that club and the tweets and statements and playing up to the rangers duo. 

Many folk feel the same. 

Now trying to as you say buying themselves into the league set up but make themselves look good while doing it. 

No shame bud. 

17 minutes ago, thebairns57 said:

Great post mate. 

Something not quite right about that club and the tweets and statements and playing up to the rangers duo. 

Many folk feel the same. 

Now trying to as you say buying themselves into the league set up but make themselves look good while doing it. 

No shame bud. 

Another honking post with a clear agenda! 

"Many folk" 🤣 You made some imaginary friends?

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

Load of utter dog *****. The decision to discuss league reconstruction was purely an SPFL decision. Once that had been set up there was no harm in anyone contributing to the discussion . The fact that both Lowland league and Highland league were allowed representation on the working group clearly meant that the SPFL thought so as well.  Why do you think they would be invited otherwise.

They are invited because they are part of the over all set up, which is good in principal. 
They will also, like everyone else from every level, be mainly interested in themselves and their own agendas. 
If they do go up with Brora, it will at least freshen things up in the bottom league but they will also both have won a watch with the virus situation.
Bare in mind my post was replying to someone who was slaughtering everyone above LL for having self interest.

Edited by big al

On 29/04/2020 at 14:17, leomessi1984 said:

This would be one positive that might come out of it.  Overall the L2 clubs are doing themselves more damage in the long run as one of the reasons they are stagnating is the same old same old every week and no variation.

LOL...you might want to look up "stagnating" in the dictionary.

Since 13/14 Brechin have been involved in promotion or relegation play-offs for every season apart from 15/16. One unsuccessful league play off, one successful, then subsequent relegations.

There are many observations you can make about Brechin as a club in the last few years, but "stagnant" isn't one of them. Even those clubs who have been stuck at this level for a while have had good gos at the play offs in recent years (Annan, Elgin). Albion Rovers have really toiled owing to a lack of money recently but not so long ago were riding high in League One.

The old days of the closed shop are gone and quite rightly so, it's really injected some urgency into the fourth tier and clubs can't stand still as one or two used to. I think you'd find very few who oppose the changes and the effects it has had.

I don't think many would argue on this forum that letting Brora and Kelty in as champions for whenever the next football season starts would be a good thing. The failure of imagination seems to be with those charged with reconstructing the game in Heart of Midlothian's interests. Perhaps you should take it up with them.

So no champion club from the SoSFL to complicate matters. IMG_0255.thumb.jpg.78ef3cdb2bc13adbc2757017d09a4c0e.jpg

It really doesn’t complicate matters though does it?

Stranraer Reserves would have been crowned champions on PPG. Reserve teams can’t be promoted to Tier 5 so nothing would have changed in the South of Scotland.

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

It really doesn’t complicate matters though does it?

Stranraer Reserves would have been crowned champions on PPG. Reserve teams can’t be promoted to Tier 5 so nothing would have changed in the South of Scotland.

Yep. Absolutely nothing real at stake in that vote. Meaningless.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Yep. Absolutely nothing real at stake in that vote. Meaningless.

I mean it is meaningful for the all the teams in the South of Scotland league. The only way it would've became meaningful for the pyramid is if they voted to finish the league on the placings as they currently are, which would've crowned Threave as champions and therefore eligible to be promoted but that would've been a bit mental.

12 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

LOL...you might want to look up "stagnating" in the dictionary.

Since 13/14 Brechin have been involved in promotion or relegation play-offs for every season apart from 15/16. One unsuccessful league play off, one successful, then subsequent relegations.

There are many observations you can make about Brechin as a club in the last few years, but "stagnant" isn't one of them. Even those clubs who have been stuck at this level for a while have had good gos at the play offs in recent years (Annan, Elgin). Albion Rovers have really toiled owing to a lack of money recently but not so long ago were riding high in League One.

The old days of the closed shop are gone and quite rightly so, it's really injected some urgency into the fourth tier and clubs can't stand still as one or two used to. I think you'd find very few who oppose the changes and the effects it has had.

I don't think many would argue on this forum that letting Brora and Kelty in as champions for whenever the next football season starts would be a good thing. The failure of imagination seems to be with those charged with reconstructing the game in Heart of Midlothian's interests. Perhaps you should take it up with them.

Not sure I specifically mentioned Brechin? To be fair I perhaps didn't articulate that I meant the league as a whole and the format it is currently in.

Glad to hear that there is an urgency from clubs and fans are seeing it.  On the flip side though you only have to look at how many hurdles are still in place to get in to see although it's not a closed shop, the entrance policy is still very much members only guided.