Kelty awarded title

EdinburghBlue

20 hours ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

Barry Ferguson has done a good job at Kelty. It is a tough league to win. I hope they and Brora are promoted to the Scottish League with the league increasing by two teams. -

So tough to win a league when you get enough cash to buy half a team from two levels above. Aye, alright.

On 23/04/2020 at 14:16, pipedreamer said:

Having attended the game they weren’t “well beat”. They were suckered by talbots only attempt on target in the full match. They peppered the talbot goal all day and got done by a long hopeful punt minutes from time. How would talbot have fared if they didn’t have leishman in goal (imo one of the best goalkeepers outside the spfl)

I also attended the game and they didn't pepper the Talbot goal all day long. I will admit Cove had most of the play but barely created a chance and Leishman wasn't particularly busy.

As for saying the goal was a hopeful punt, that is nonsense, it was a good pass to release Boylan on the Talbot right who skinned the full back and put in a perfect cross for Hyslop to meet on the run and power home

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

League 2 clubs as per Elgin & Stenny chairman have agreed to favour a 14-14-14 option in the current reconstruction process.

Does anyone else think the complete lack of ambition may actually be the biggest threat to the game In Scotland?

I really hope Brora and Kelty go up, one as it will make it slightly easier for the shire and two to flush shite like Elgin out the leagues. Only admitted on geographical grounds and have literally offered nothing to the Scottish leagues in their twenty odd years. At least Stenny have shown a bit of ambition to get promoted in recent years.

11 hours ago, craigiemack said:

I really hope Brora and Kelty go up, one as it will make it slightly easier for the shire and two to flush shite like Elgin out the leagues. Only admitted on geographical grounds and have literally offered nothing to the Scottish leagues in their twenty odd years. At least Stenny have shown a bit of ambition to get promoted in recent years.

I’m sure Stenny have never won a league title ( might be wrong ?)

You are right though, Elgin haven’t really brought much to the leagues in their time.

14 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

League 2 clubs as per Elgin & Stenny chairman have agreed to favour a 14-14-14 option in the current reconstruction process.

13 hours ago, The Informer said:

As I said on other thread, self serving arseholes.

I think just about everyone will be voting to suit their own club. League 2 clubs would've been mad not to agree with that proposal; would mean they are only 1 promotion away from the Championship instead of 2.

4 minutes ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

It seems to be the way.....Peterhead, Clyde and Cove.  Plenty money and some Championship/Premier league level players.

Peterhead and Clyde plenty money!? :lol:

I’m sure Stenny have never won a league title ( might be wrong ?)
You are right though, Elgin haven’t really brought much to the leagues in their time.
The Stenny Chairman was quoted a few weeks back as wanting the L2 play-off stopped entirely for 2 seasons to "help" L2/HL/LL clubs recover.

You have to admire the utter brass neck of it. Him, his Elgin buddy and others are absolutely shitting themselves at what is awaiting them below. They'll do anything to restrict the chances of relegation.

15 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The Stenny Chairman was quoted a few weeks back as wanting the L2 play-off stopped entirely for 2 seasons to "help" L2/HL/LL clubs recover.

You have to admire the utter brass neck of it. Him, his Elgin buddy and others are absolutely shitting themselves at what is awaiting them below. They'll do anything to restrict the chances of relegation.

We now have Donald Findlay apparently leading the talks for Div 2. clubs. What a shock, another self serving arsehole, who is I am assuming, shitting his pants at the thought of near neighbours Kelty stealing their thunder.

15 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I personally would have the winners of HL/LL play off straight into L2 with L2 bottom team automatically down.

I suspect if / when this eventually happens, the LL especially and HL will just complain until there’s further access via playoffs involving 2nd bottom of L2.

Honestly don’t think the middle of the biggest worldwide crisis in our generation is the time for clubs to be putting all their energy into trying to agree league constructions though.

This time should be all about helping everyone survive. There’s a genuine huge risk that lots of clubs go under this year, so it’s far more important than who wins this and who gets that. 

Just now, The Informer said:

We now have Donald Findlay apparently leading the talks for Div 2. clubs. What a shock, another self serving arsehole, who is I am assuming, shitting his pants at the thought of near neighbours Kelty stealing their thunder.

Kelty are going to do what they are going to do. Why would Cowden care what anybody else does?

Right now the only thing Cowden will probably be concerned with is surviving.

Stirling Albion proposal: 14x3.

http://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/club-statement-on-reconstruction/?fbclid=IwAR2NvhViwO-Kr2NAtIK81W_RvFmRN20cRIS4kF5DxZAeobEp0KXDfk1d-Bw

Relevant bit:

• There is relegation from the Lowland League but this has been suspended following the curtailment of season 19/20
  • As a consequence, the Lowland League has suspended its obligations to the pyramid structure   

30 minutes ago, big al said:

I personally would have the winners of HL/LL play off straight into L2 with L2 bottom team automatically down.

I suspect if / when this eventually happens, the LL especially and HL will just complain until there’s further access via playoffs involving 2nd bottom of L2.

Honestly don’t think the middle of the biggest worldwide crisis in our generation is the time for clubs to be putting all their energy into trying to agree league constructions though.

This time should be all about helping everyone survive. There’s a genuine huge risk that lots of clubs go under this year, so it’s far more important than who wins this and who gets that. 

Correct 

33 minutes ago, big al said:

Logically yeah, especially considering talk of 'next season' is overshadowed by the fact that there's no clear time for next season to start.  2020/21 likely won't kick off this calendar year, and may end up being scrapped entirely. 

There are a lot of people with nothing much to do except argue the minutiae 14 team leagues, though.