Kelty awarded title

EdinburghBlue

Chris Anderson has just confirmed that Vale will have their floodlights installed in time for next season, so their license should be safe.

What this announcement gives is certainty. I suspect Bo'ness will come up, but no team from the SoS as Stranraer reserves would win on points per game. We'll either run a 16 team league should Kelty gain promotion, or 17 teams if not.

8 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

It’s refreshing to see a board making important decisions that is in the best interest of all its members. A few people could learn a thing or two from the Lowland League.

This is very easy for the Lowland League to do because they are dealing with small part-time clubs and players for whom this is not their main livelihood. And anyway, I doubt that this is in the "best interest" of Bonnyrigg - if they were a larger business with more resting on this they would be kicking up a massive stink, just as several SPFL clubs have.

If you can suggest a magic solution that is in the best interests of all the SPFL clubs then I'm sure everyone is all ears.

16 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Can we no just go back a year in time and have no relegation then 😂

Like to see all the posters thoughts that were adamant bottom team is definately relegated this season now then. :P

Maybe whitehill should have came up with this a year before set up a killer virus and youd have stayed up

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This is very easy for the Lowland League to do because they are dealing with small part-time clubs and players for whom this is not their main livelihood. And anyway, I doubt that this is in the "best interest" of Bonnyrigg - if they were a larger business with more resting on this they would be kicking up a massive stink, just as several SPFL clubs have.

If you can suggest a magic solution that is in the best interests of all the SPFL clubs then I'm sure everyone is all ears.

Sadly there is always going to be someone unhappy but I don’t think Bonnyrigg can have too many complaints. It was a massive long shot that they could have caught Kelty. Not sure what impact this decision has on players livelihoods one way or another under the current conditions however I do know this was the best outcome for the majority of the clubs in the LL.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

And anyway, I doubt that this is in the "best interest" of Bonnyrigg - if they were a larger business with more resting on this they would be kicking up a massive stink, just as several SPFL clubs have.

There's time yet the LL only released the statement an hour ago 😉

7 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Sadly there is always going to be someone unhappy but I don’t think Bonnyrigg can have too many complaints. It was a massive long shot that they could have caught Kelty. Not sure what impact this decision has on players livelihoods one way or another under the current conditions however I do know this was the best outcome for the majority of the clubs in the LL.

Theres 4 teams at the bottom doing cartwheels for sure Jerry. That's 1/4 of yer majority. 

9 minutes ago, edinabear said:

At least wait a few weeks before making a decision as it is a continually changing situation. 

Its not really continually changing...id say in a few  weeks we will be in exactly the same position when it comes to football

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Looking at Lowland league twitter the decision has annoyed Bonnyrigg folk and Sevco fans are raging so job done , easy to see why edinabear has waded in on this one.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion Gogsy. Just don’t see what else the LL could do. Next few weeks should be interesting.

With the mention of contingency plans for the teams due to come into the lowland league, does anyone think the league would introduce 2 Divisions next season? 

A Lowland Premier & Division One.  I’m not completely clued up on the West Junior team’s situation but would be a good time to expand possibly.

11 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Looking at Lowland league twitter the decision has annoyed Bonnyrigg folk and Sevco fans are raging so job done , easy to see why edinabear has waded in on this one.

You're a peculiar, bitter, obsessed sevcoer. Every 2nd post you make is about Rangers 

4 minutes ago, db11 said:

No mention of a play off to get into League 2 for Kelty/ Brora?  Or hoping for league reconstruction to go up?

If we were able to hold a play-off (or any other game of football) safely then we wouldn't have this problem of deciding the season early in the first place.

Just now, craigkillie said:

If we were able to hold a play-off (or any other game of football) safely then we wouldn't have this problem of deciding the season early in the first place.

Nobody suggesting this needs to be played now, but is there an intention to play one. If not i suspect that Kelty will remain in LL next season

I'll take a guess that we see the SPFL going 14/10/10/10 with no relegation, the top two teams in each league moved up and Kelty/Brora added to League Two. I wonder if they've made this choice to call it as they've had a nudge saying they need a champion to stick them in League Two.

11 minutes ago, db11 said:

Nobody suggesting this needs to be played now, but is there an intention to play one. If not i suspect that Kelty will remain in LL next season

How do you manage to keep the same squads for the game

4 minutes ago, magoo said:

How do you manage to keep the same squads for the game

Is the assumption that no promotion to league 2 then, Brechin safe. Kelty and  Brora are hoping for reconstruction, which isn't going to happen