Kelty awarded title

EdinburghBlue

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Possibly promote boness and threave then

Stranraer Reserves would be South of Scotland Champions if they use the same points per game basis used by the Lowland League (and proposed by the SPFL).

A BAD decision by the Lowland League.

Should have declared the season null and void.

No relegation, so presumably the league will have to be expanded to accommodate any licensed EoS and SoS champions?
I also dont think it's a bad decision. We needed certainty and hopefully we have some reconstruction in the process

18 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Personally I have never agreed with the "null and void" option.

Re the decision has it been made to allow the LL and HL champs to be promoted to Division Two ? Can understand the decision but feel for Bonnyrigg.

6 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
22 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

No relegation, so presumably the league will have to be expanded to accommodate any licensed EoS and SoS champions?

I also dont think it's a bad decision. We needed certainty and hopefully we have some reconstruction in the process

You also wanted Vale doon 🤷‍♂️

Under the circumstances the only possible decision the LL board could make. To null n void the season would have made the LL toxic as it goes against the SFA & SPFLs wishes. Insuring  VoL and any potential promotion candidate were not disadvantaged by this decision is a bold but welcome move. Whilst I do feel for Bonnyrigg it was unlikely they would have overturned what was effectively a 7 point lead due to Kelty’s massive goal difference.
It’s refreshing to see a board making important decisions that is in the best interest of all its members. A few people could learn a thing or two from the Lowland League.

1 minute ago, selfassemblyshire said:
12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:
You also wanted Vale doon emoji2369.png

Aye I would've wanted them down if it means making a space for Bo'ness. I had thought that with the door possibly closing from League 2 we'd keep our 16, possibly expand to 18 as we'd have time to do that.

Can we no just go back a year in time and have no relegation then 😂

Like to see all the posters thoughts that were adamant bottom team is definately relegated this season now then. :P