Your best random find when out for a stroll

I was going out with one of my lecturers at Fife College when she bought a fairly high end sound system from an independent shop in Kirkcaldy.  She'd divorced the year before and this was her first big purchase she'd made with her own money since. About a fortnight after her dad brought her the cheque she'd used to buy it - found by one of his mates as it blew along Kirkcaldy High St one morning. The guy recognised the name and passed it on to her dad. 

The good thing was, it had never been cashed. 

I've twice found €50 notes. 7 years ago the wife was pregnant and we were broke and walking round the shop to spend the little of what we had. It was dark and I just saw a little folded up 4 or 5 times piece of paper but only the fact the number 50 was showing on the side I wouldn't have noticed.  We spent the lot on crap like Doritos and pizzas.really couldn't have came at a better time.

I found an old man lying on a grass verge one winters morning in his jammies. He was still warm and dry so he hadn't been there long. He didnt know which house he came out of so i rang an ambulance and they brought him off.

3 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

i rang an ambulance and they brought him off.

Not falling for that; you're just asking for it.

Edit: regarding jazz mags, when I was 7 or 8 some of the older lads found what looked like a big pile of them in a wee wooded area along the edge of our school playground. I wasn't allowed close enough to see the action. Story of my life. Bit concerning that somebody apparently chose a school playground to bash one out in, but probably indicative of the age.

Do they even still make scud rags nowadays? Their entire audience would be pensioners, surely.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

I was walking to the train station to attend university for the first time and felt something scrapping on the ground.  I looked down and there was a Parker fountain pen tangled in my shoe laces by it's clip.  It was a bit inky at the nib but otherwise in good condition.  So I cleaned it up and subsequently did all my written exams with it all through university.  I like to think it was a 'magic' pen that gave me super abilities in the exam hall.  I passed them all so perhaps it did.

Found an iPod Nano 10 years ago when walking home from the dancing.

Took a shortcut through Perth high schools playing fields and I noticed an empty 2l bottle of cider and the iPod next to a set of goalposts. No information on if about who owned it and it was full of Scheme DJ’s like DJ Rankin and DJ Cammy.

I left if there and kept walking. Sometimes wonder if anyone ever claimed it.

I left something accidentally that freaked out a Partick Thistle fan who found it. Used to get Falkirk programmes delivered on a Friday or Saturday morning before a game when I lived in Wales, took it to read when I went to meet a mate in a pub by a canal on the English borders, forgot about when I left about 5pm. The bar staff stuck it in with the tourist brochures and my mate saw the Jags fan utterly confused thinking it was an elaborate wind up. We'd just pumped them 3-1. 

My flatmate years ago brought back a briefcase that he found with a sash in it and all these papers relating to the masonic order. I thought those guys were supposed to keep their secrets on the down low. 
?? stonecutters_2.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

My flatmate years ago brought back a briefcase that he found with a sash in it and all these papers relating to the masonic order. I thought those guys were supposed to keep their secrets on the down low. 

Jake Gyllenhaal GIF

Out with the dog there around Glasgow’s leafy West End. Heading up Kelvin Way and something caught my eye. It was a full bottle of Sailor Jerry. Luckily had gloves and a carrier bag. Up the road, clean up with some Dettol and in the drinks cabinet. It was a bit scratched and the cap was dented.but still sealed.