Your best random find when out for a stroll

I found a wallet in the car park opposite work one morning. The guy had the same name as me. Managed to track him down through his dentist as he had an appointment card in the wallet. He thought I was taking the piss when he phoned me and asked my name.

I thought I saw Massimo Donati out a run yesterday. The fact he was wearing an Accies jacket made me think it was him, but then that same reason made me think that it might not have been.

That was the most exciting thing to happen to me since lockdown.

Found a bumbag containing a load of drugs, bank card and a drivers licence at T in the park. Confiscated the drugs and handed the bum bag to the police.

Ironically, I lost my wallet at Creamfields a year or two later. I got it back through the post, minus the money and the hand full of eccies that were in it, with a note saying “thank you [emoji846]”.

Found loads of money and wallets, phone and bank cards over the years.

Living near Glasgow University and being up early with the dog helps in this regard. 

Managed to return everything bar the cash as nobody was about.

Most recent were two bank cards. One just before lockdown was a bank card. Never heard of the bank so googled it and it was Finnish so checked name on Facebook turned out it was a Finnish student.  Messaged them and got it back to them that morning.

Most recent was another bank card. Found in local park on a bench. This was during lock down so put it in an unused dog shite bag. Cleaned the card. It was with Bank of China but did the messenger thing and belonged to someone literary round the corner. They weren't staying at home then messaged me to get them to post it to Gartnavel Royal as they've unfortunately been sectioned.

TL;DR Lots of hings.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I thought I saw Massimo Donati out a run yesterday. The fact he was wearing an Accies jacket made me think it was him, but then that same reason made me think that it might not have been.

That was the most exciting thing to happen to me since lockdown.

Once bumped into the two Paixão twins out jogging one evening in my way back to my flat. We exchanged brief pleasantries.

42 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Found a bumbag containing a load of drugs, bank card and a drivers licence at T in the park. Confiscated the drugs and handed the bum bag to the police.

Ironically, I lost my wallet at Creamfields a year or two later. I got it back through the post, minus the money and the hand full of eccies that were in it, with a note saying “thank you emoji846.png”.

Dame thing happened to me at TRNSMT two years ago. Lost my wallet but some kind soul handed it in minus my "goodies" cash and a return ticket to Hamilton. Was happy just to not have to cancel my cards tbh.

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Found loads of money and wallets, phone and bank cards over the years.

Living near Glasgow University and being up early with the dog helps in this regard. 

Managed to return everything bar the cash as nobody was about.

Most recent were two bank cards. One just before lockdown was a bank card. Never heard of the bank so googled it and it was Finnish so checked name on Facebook turned out it was a Finnish student.  Messaged them and got it back to them that morning.

Most recent was another bank card. Found in local park on a bench. This was during lock down so put it in an unused dog shite bag. Cleaned the card. It was with Bank of China but did the messenger thing and belonged to someone literary round the corner. They weren't staying at home then messaged me to get them to post it to Gartnavel Royal as they've unfortunately been sectioned.

TL;DR Lots of hings.

Was the student 28?