Manchester City, but not how you might think...

CM.

September

Premier League - Man City v Arsenal

Spoiler

5.png.3e6f4955182276b5ee9b83a257fde97b.png

Had quite a chuckle at this game, by 2/9/2009 (the date of that fixture), IRL, Toure and Adebayor were both Man City players

Premier League - Fulham v Man City

Spoiler

6.png.45ca34f1438dcf59646049898c1157f8.png

No chuckle in this game

Europa League Group Stage - Mlada Boleslav (nah I don't have a clue either) v Man City

Spoiler

7.png.76159e65e3d67400f5298f8b0876b509.png

Nor this!

Premier League - Man City v Aston Villa

Spoiler

8.png.59f566204038a4fbe2b3fa74c156e35b.png

That's more like it!

League Cup R3 - MK Dons v Man City

Spoiler

9.png.d77bc1fcf422b9b890171a5d5735309b.png

Premier League - Middlesbrough v Man City

Spoiler

10.png.418d6d19bcfe925157955103dc431a19.png

16 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

You'll be thanking me if you manage to repeat the feat of what happened in your signature :P

I've been desperate to play as Saints in the First Division since you posted a table a page or two back 😂 spent this morning raking through the attic for old games but cannot find them anywhere.

1 hour ago, BigTamMuller said:

Inspired, had a rummage for my FM09 disc but couldn't find it. Is FM09 the one with the infamous Mascio? The dirt cheap Italian wonderkid that didn't actually exist, IIRC.

Aye.

Mascio.thumb.jpg.76636bb423b88a485408e95e605530a5.jpg

FWIW this games available on Amazon. I paid £7 and its arrived today, I ordered it on Saturday I think.

Took me about 2 hours to find out where disks go in my laptop 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

Mascio.thumb.jpg.76636bb423b88a485408e95e605530a5.jpg

FWIW this games available on Amazon. I paid £7 and its arrived today, I ordered it on Saturday I think.

Took me about 2 hours to find out where disks go in my laptop 😂

Memories! 

Haha, I'd need to use my work's laptop if I wanted a disc drive, to play the game. Probably best not ...

6 minutes ago, BigTamMuller said:

Memories! 

Haha, I'd need to use my work's laptop if I wanted a disc drive, to play the game. Probably best not ...

Do it!

That Motherwell team looks great fun. Steven Hammell looks like the best LB in Scotland :lol: 

Reynolds, Lasley, Clarkson, Murphy, Sutton, and of course this guy...

Spoiler

Untitled.png.f858786328bd5da721c75cec987ad8d1.png

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do it!

That Motherwell team looks great fun. Steven Hammell looks like the best LB in Scotland :lol: 

Reynolds, Lasley, Clarkson, Murphy, Sutton, and of course this guy...

Hide contents

Untitled.png.f858786328bd5da721c75cec987ad8d1.png

Shudders on that last one ...

This save isn't dead in the water btw, will probably play again over the weekend. Just glued to my Clyde FM20 save at the moment with me also considering doing a Clyde one in this version inspired by @RandomGuy. St Johnstone save on it. Our last season we were in the first division/Championship, would be good to forget 2008-2018 ever happened and take us on a more positive direction from 2008 😂

Edited by C. Muir

I'm going to follow others lead and revert to just the scores in my updates instead of screenshotting every game. I will probably still upload the odd game now and again if it's a classic. As much as I liked doing every game, I'll batter through the save quicker not spending at least half an hour at a time every time I update the story.

October 2009

october.png.2aa7e923a219c86c2012bdc06515e1ad.png

Form fairly dipped this month. Got a few injuries but not using that as an excuse. The teams put out there should still have had enough to win their games. A Falcao inspired Newcastle (first half hat trick) absolutely took me to the cleaners. I suppose one positive to take from this month is Vincent Kompany scoring his first goal for the club.

League table

1681724761_tableoctober.thumb.png.bb5ecab76137ac66ed9d8847be7a68f3.png

Despite the dip in form, the top is still well within reach. Need to get back to the consistency at the start of the season though.

Edited by C. Muir

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

I'm going to follow others lead and revert to just the scores in my updates instead of screenshotting every game. I will probably still upload the odd game now and again if it's a classic. As much as I liked doing every game, I'll batter through the save quicker not spending at least half an hour at a time every time I update the story.

October 2009

Form fairly dipped this month. Got a few injuries but not using that as an excuse. The teams put out there should still have had enough to win their games. A Falcao inspired Newcastle (first half hat trick) absolutely took me to the cleaners. I suppose one positive to take from this month is Vincent Kompany scoring his first goal for the club.

League table

Despite the dip in form, the top is still well within reach. Need to get back to the consistency at the start of the season though.

Not sure what to do here, leccy cut out and hadn't saved since before the West Ham game.
1) I can't be arsed playing all they fixtures again.
2) If I do and go on to do better than I had before then it would feel tainted.

Fairest way I can think of doing it is just holidaying each fixture at a time until it gives me the same result as I had got previously, win lose or draw. Only thing that would be different is the correct score as that would take forever to get the same again for every single one :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

24 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Fairest way I can think of doing it is just holidaying each fixture at a time until it gives me the same result as I had got previously, win lose or draw. Only thing that would be different is the correct score as that would take forever to get the same again for every single one :lol:

Just consider it God's way of granting you a second chance. 

4 hours ago, C. Muir said:

October 2009

League table

1 hour ago, C. Muir said:

Not sure what to do here, leccy cut out and hadn't saved since before the West Ham game.
1) I can't be arsed playing all they fixtures again.

Managed to get the same set of results again by holidaying a game at a time until it done so, only thing with the different correct scores is my goal difference is +3 better which still feels a bit tainted but it's as accurate as I'll get it without spending all day getting the scorelines too. Kompany will now need to wait a little longer to break his duck.

1052850473_octoberII.png.2a1506cde1ee1ddddc4a0324f8bd7ca1.png

Actually up a place in the table, but further away points wise from the top so I'll balance that out and say that's fair..

Poor Bristol City will be cursing me as their only win has now been wiped :lol:

1482575009_tableoctoberII.thumb.png.9fc72b8f9883fb2c7c39c00d073f106b.png

Edited by C. Muir

November 2009

1727687899_novemberresults.thumb.png.86d4a1d83a372b31ff4f08b7473240f9.png

Solid month apart from the Spurs game. Was fearing the worst going into Chelsea game on the back of the Spurs shitshow but our response was emphatic to keep the title dream alive.

884705410_novembertable.thumb.png.4e849c909929a21af098a89df46f66e3.png

Didn't even notice this on FM20 but no idea why the badge pack I downloaded for it (and copied over to FM09 folder) doesn't contain Man Utd.

• 2 weeks later...