The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52484926

Lovely, France have now called their league as it is with PSG as champions and Amiens and Toulouse relegated.  

I suspect Marseille have their PR machine cracking their crayons out on the phone to Jim Traynor about how to topple the evil powers and Tolouse/Amiens will be touting widespread league reconstruction.  Oh wait, they are not a bunch of utter children with the collective IQ of a ham sandwich. Well done Ligue 1.  Get it done SPFL. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
7 hours ago, Ric said:

Well this is interesting, I'd always seen it written as lackie, yet it seems the correct spelling is lackey Perhaps a Scots thing?
Seems like my overly smug correction from a few posts back is equally erroneous. :(

I knew what you meant but I'm very pedantic.

ye sure its no pednatic?

So, just for clarity here is French League 1 as they called it..

KAGKLRC.png

18th would normally be a playoff, but as far as I am aware that is not happening.

And this is the current Scottish one..

4QMBIDu.png

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

So, just for clarity here is French League 1 as they called it..

KAGKLRC.png

18th would normally be a playoff, but as far as I am aware that is not happening.

And this is the current Scottish one..

4QMBIDu.png

Uncanny.  Exact same scenario, therefore that should be that. 

3 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Uncanny.  Exact same scenario, therefore that should be that. 

Considering there are a different number of teams and a different number of games played (and yet to be played) then it is quite uncanny as you say. Taking Toulouse out of the picture, you have very similar points/spread at the bottom and pretty much the same gap at the top.

Edited by Ric

33 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52484926

Lovely, France have now called their league as it is with PSG as champions and Amiens and Toulouse relegated.  

I suspect Marseille have their PR machine cracking their crayons out on the phone to Jim Traynor about how to topple the evil powers and Tolouse/Amiens will be touting widespread league reconstruction.  Oh wait, they are not a bunch of utter children with the collective IQ of a ham sandwich. Well done Ligue 1.  Get it done SPFL. 

tbf if the SPFL had just presented the options i.e. call it v null & void v play it out (maybe) without linking it to prize monies, then that would have been fine. If the vote had been the same then the  same teams would still have been unhappy - but it would have been seen to have been an open and honest process. 

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

tbf if the SPFL had just presented the options i.e. call it v null & void v play it out (maybe) without linking it to prize monies, then that would have been fine. If the vote had been the same then the  same teams would still have been unhappy - but it would have been seen to have been an open and honest process. 

A fair response to be fair.  

To be precise McLennan didn't say that. He said the SPFL didn't offer a sweetener to get the resolution over the line. Those words don't preclude knowledge of anyone else offering Dundee something, or indeed the SPFL having offered any other club something in return for their vote. A  complete denial would be that none of the board members have any knowledge of any offer to any member club in return for voting yes (apart from the prize monies).

images%20(1).jpeg

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

No it wouldn't: you'd have the exact same handful of clubs fostering the same pathetic sense of injustice and backed by their clapping seal fanbase all the way. Because that's how Scottish football works.

23 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

To be precise McLennan didn't say that. He said the SPFL didn't offer a sweetener to get the resolution over the line. Those words don't preclude knowledge of anyone else offering Dundee something, or indeed the SPFL having offered any other club something in return for their vote. A  complete denial would be that none of the board members have any knowledge of any offer to any member club in return for voting yes (apart from the prize monies).

You have been reading Follow Follow, eh