The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

A temporary restructuring would be an absolutely farcical, laughing stock-in-waiting decision.

You say that yet this is Scottish football we are discussing.

51 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Well argued, but I still don't agree with you.

Football is supposed to be fair, that's why we have a referee. However human beings are not perfect and referees are not infallible. But every effort is made to make things as fair as possible. In this case reconstruction is a simple way of preventing an injustice, and therefore it should be implemented.

Reconstruction just to save one team isn't in any way fair.

Totally agree. Life ain't fair. Coronavirus ain't fair. Other Clubs have understood and accepted the abnormal situation. To reconstruct to save the 4th richest club ain't fair.

10 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Think I must be the only person who doesn't want reconstruction, it's fine the way it is.

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Completely agree with this. I know this season reconstruction may have a different purpose, but in general I've never understood what people are wanting from this league (and the lower leagues) that it doesn't already provide.

With a Title race,  European race, Top 6 fight and a relegation fight it is very rare for a club not to have anything to play for with more than a few games to go. This is particularly important in our league because of the dominance of the Old Firm. No other team is going to win the league so there has to be a structure where other teams always have something to play for.

The downside always mentioned is playing teams 3/4 times a season which you wouldn't get in a bigger league. This can be a bit monotonous. However I refuse to believe that in the long term, say Hibs, would rather give up their 2nd home game against Hearts, Aberdeen or Dundee Utd with large atmospheric away supports where there is a bit of needle, and replace it with home matches with Ayr, Arbroath and ICT. I don't get how increasing the size of the 'mid-table' with a 16 team league adds anything.

If you look across the leagues just now (and imagine that the season would be completed) how many teams have nothing left to play for? Maybe 4 out of 42. Out of the 30 lower league teams over half would still think they had a shot at promotion. Again, I'm not sure what more people are looking for in a league structure. I think we need to be really careful with this, we have clubs like Dundee now demanding change when 2 months ago they weren't saying a thing. Our league structure did not contribute to this situation therefore I am unclear why permanent reconstruction now appears to be part of the solution.

I would not be totally opposed to a one season fix if a workable one can be found. But it should then revert back to what we currently have unless someone can construct a set up that provides things the current one does not - I have yet to see one.

Agreed.For the past thirty plus years(blue cheek implosion/journey excluding) we have had,in the first tier alone, who's gonna win between the green and blue cheek?Could not give less of a flying fxxk who takes the prem title,it's all about champions league money and bragging rights,only they care.Everything south of who wins the prem in Scotland through all leagues throws up some fascinating stories from euro spots to relegation from leagues every season for the vast majority of teams.

The current four tier setup doesn't need massive restructuring imo,introduce the current setup in the first tier,split and all, to all four tiers with twelve teams throughout but with the tweek that the bottom two teams go straight down,tier below champions and playoffs winners from 2-5 (in a down south stylee) go up.

The proviso that the current top/bottom are promoted/relegated is included.If you're dugshxt over thirty games,the squad you have is gonna be dugshit over the last quarter of games.

1 hour ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

36 team top flight.  Play each other once.  3 points for a win, none for anything else.  5 ‘joker’ cards where you can gamble on your team winning to play for 10 points in that match.  First 5 matches no offsides.  Last 5 matches no red cards.

It’s really not difficult. 

This idea also gives me a chubby.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Presumably the 14-10-10-10 argument will be that it is 'saving' 3 teams (Hearts, PT & Stranraer) while rewarding a further 5 (Inverness, Falkirk, EC, Brora and Kelty). 

I was of the opinion that a 'yes' vote last week was the best option and would rightly reward the best team at each level, with the worst teams relegated. Then the Dundee shenanigans happened and don't know what to think given it seems they were swayed into the u-turn. 

I am now open to 14-10-10-10 on a temporary basis with a possible long-term reconstruction aim of larger divisions at tiers 3 & 4 to give greater access to the teams lower in the pyramid. I think the current 12 split structure in the top-flight is still optimal with a 10 underneath. 

Also open to 14-9-10-10 with Dundee banished to the Tayside juniors.

6 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

This boys got it figured out.  As an impartial observer I agree.  So long as it’s permanent.

075F0405-9CFC-42F7-917B-82EB1A964BE2.png

Yeah, sounds good.

I was all for saving every team from relegation but the more I read into Budge's self preservation, the more I think 'Nah, you need taken down a peg' (Or Division).

Plus we can't just can the HiDee alliance.

Dundee v Hearts will be top bantz next season.

13 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

36 team top flight.  Play each other once.  3 points for a win, none for anything else.  5 ‘joker’ cards where you can gamble on your team winning to play for 10 points in that match.  First 5 matches no offsides.  Last 5 matches no red cards.

It’s really not difficult. 

Business as usual for Celtic then.

Just a proper investigation would do - one where the investigators speak to clubs, and address all of the questions raised.

Tom English is meant to be on Sportsound with the singer from Mud Les Grey the morra.

Grey is less likely to let anything slip in the way that Gardiner and Cormack have in previous weeks, so English has his work cut out for him if he asks Grey the questions that need answered.