The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's the Crux, deep down it forever eats away at them that the only club they did ever manage to "kill" was their own despite dozens of threats of boycotts and an attitude whereby they are convinced they have the power to finish any club they decide has abused the "blue pound". They can make as many hollow, empty, pathetic threats as they like but everyone knows that in their own hour of need they stood by watching and it eats away at them clearly.

But they don't do walking away..?

10 hours ago, Munoz said:

Agree with that.  There is no love lost between our team and Hearts,  but if they are to be punished by relegation it would be a complete farce,  just as it would be any other team across the divisions. 

It's now time for all  clubs to come together for the greater good of our game.

tenor.gif.dd289474fdb49f3a331db510ebff29e7.gif

If finishing the season isn't possible, which we know is the case, and reconstruction is unworkable, which it probably will be with needing an 11-1 Premiership vote, there is no solution that doesn't punish some clubs.

You're either punishing Hearts, Partick and Stranraer by relegating them before the season was completed or punishing Dundee United, Raith and Cove by removing their prospect of promotion. Fairness is subjective, and some will argue that as none of these teams had their finishing positions mathematically confirmed the fairest option is to leave them as they are, but for me that's extremely simplistic and disingenuous.

The theme being repeated by Hearts and Partick fans is that no club should be put at a material or sporting disadvantage by the season ending early in these circumstances, relegation means a club get both of those disadvantages so it can't happen. However, the notion that because Dundee United aren't being disadvantaged because they're currently in the Championship and will still be in the Championship is clearly a fallacious argument. Someone was going to be promoted, Dundee United are in the automatic promotion place, so why is it fairer for them to be disadvantaged by not being in the Premiership than it is for Hearts?

You have a choice between rewarding clubs who've had good seasons with early promotion and punishing clubs who've had a bad season with early relegation, or punishing clubs who've had a good season by denying promotion and rewarding clubs who've had a bad season by bailing them out of relegation. For me rewarding the teams who've done well has to be the preferred option if someone is unavoidably getting fucked.

Clubs have chosen comfortably the least bad of two unfair options.

That's a no, then.
Thought so.

In the hypothetical world of Saints finishing bottom of the league, I’d have gleefully accepted it. In the real world, the additional income received for finishing higher in the league than anticipated this season will help our current situation.

Never mind just those games they have been honking for about 14 months, they were not just the worst team in the league since August.

Hearts last results against the 4 clubs above them
Ross County 0-0 Hearts (22/01/20)
Hearts 2-3 Kilmarnock (5/02/20)
Hearts 2-2 Hamilton (15/02/20)
St Mirren 1-0 Hearts (11/03/20)
Saying "they could easily have found a bit of form" is irrelevant. As you could say the same for the other clubs as well.

Is everyone actually forgetting Saints are 9th why is all this talk suggesting it was a battle between us and Hearts ! Its one thing saying we pulled right away from Dundee last season but that was a straight head to head fight. There were 4 teams at least (Killie were not a million mile's ahead of 9th either) which makes it far more difficult.

Yes. But the whole point is that form comes and goes.
There is absolutely no way you can say Hearts would definitely have gone down.
St Mirren's form in games 31-38 was radically different to anything they'd done before. The end of the season does funny things.
Hearts have had some very good performances along with some very bad ones. Who knows how we'd have finished?
You're digging in hard to an indefensible position.

31 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

There is no way 11/1 will vote for a temporary change. Smacks of despiration to stay up imho.

Hopefully Budge gets too greedy and anything she proposes is voted out.

She probably wants the bottom two divisions cut out entirely, 12th placed top flight in a play off instead of automatically relegated, and more money in the top flight pot.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

She probably wants the bottom two divisions cut out entirely, 12th placed top flight in a play off instead of automatically relegated, and more money in the top flight pot.

The fact that she only wants a temporary reconstruction suggests that she only cares because it's Hearts that are affected.  Other clubs will recognise this and will tell her and her reconstructions plans where to go.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I heard she's happy for a 14 team league for next two seasons and then proposing a 4 team top flight involving Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Celtic with no relegation ever and all of the games played at Tynecastle with 100% of the gate going to Hearts.

The call, for temporary reconstruction is quite frankly shite.  We had the chance here to try and at least campaign for something that might seem appealing even if it was unlikely to pass.  Instead it gives a look of self interest and the fact it'd have to revert to 12 either 21/22 or 22/23 means you're asking for clubs to vote on a season where 3 teams would go down.  Gray is part of the task force too and Hamilton probably won't even vote for it.

Just save us the hassle of this freakshow and scrap the talks now.  

Morgan Freeman GIF by Regal

Yesterday afternoon’s announcement that Dundee FC has re-cast its vote, in support of the SPFL’s written resolution of 8th April leaves me both disillusioned and bitterly disappointed.

Believe me when I say that I know that you, our supporters, will be equally disappointed and indeed angry. As I have said previously, I believe the whole process has been incredibly badly handled and shows Scottish Football in a very poor light.  The reasons for Hearts and others voting against this resolution have been well-documented and, sadly, anyone who believes this decision will draw a line under the whole matter, is in my opinion being optimistic indeed.  Suffice to say that I believe the SPFL should have admitted that errors had been made in the handling of this resolution, withdrawn it and asked Clubs to revote.  The outcome may have been the same but at least some of the criticisms would have been addressed.

However, it is now of paramount importance that we do not give up in our efforts to right this wrong.  We will continue to fight for this.  I have said from the outset that it was imperative that we find a solution that ensures no club is penalised by relegation in a situation where the leagues cannot be finished. The financial consequences are enormous. Many others agree with that view.  While some clubs may lose out to an extent in terms of what “might have been”, the 3 clubs in relegation spots with many points still to play for, face financial consequences that no-one appears to feel are either fair or reasonable.  This is what must now be addressed through a temporary change to the league structure to cope with what is likely to be 2 very “abnormal” seasons.

Over the past week Hearts have been working to fully understand the consequences, financial and otherwise, of possible changes for next season.  We will continue to do so, working with other member clubs and supported by the SPFL, where required, to put through the changes needed to right the potential wrongs of relegation in this situation.  We will speak to all 42 clubs and discuss options in a totally open and transparent manner and do our very best to win their support.

I have been told by a number of clubs that they are keen to find a way to work together to find a solution which we can all get behind.

While Hearts have not at this time been relegated, Partick Thistle and Stranraer have.  This should not be happening and we will do everything in our power to find a solution with a positive outcome that works, not just for the 3 clubs in relegation spots, but for all of Scottish Football.

48 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Cowdenbeath lost 10-0 to Hearts in 2015 then drew 0-0 with Rangers in their next game. Funny things happen in football.

Hearts pumped St Mirren 5-2 earlier this season.

Your assertion that we can just apply results so far to the last 20% of the season is the kind of thing that only someone who has never actually watched football would say. We all know that's not how it works.

Bottom five all picked up points in half their matches. Fair to assume there's a pattern there and you'd go on to drop all points in the remaining 8 games. And of the 50% you did pick up points, it was a win 1 in 3. So that would suggest 1 more win and 3 draws. You'd be hoping everyone else lost all their games. You can argue with the numbers all you like but that's how the bookies make a lot of money!

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Never mind just those games they have been honking for about 14 months, they were not just the worst team in the league since August.

I cant believe a Jam non starter is trying to make any case

I take no joy in Hearts going down when we have plastic pitches, but fact is, somehow despite a huge budget they have been the worse team in the League since Jan 2019. In that time they have not managed 2 back to back wins...…...

They are the weakest link

42 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

And, of course, this is the view you would have expressed had the league been called after 30 games last season.

Righto.

But it wasn't called after 30 games last season. That is the reality that you do not understand. This is a unique situation. This is not about maybes, history or anything else. The reality is the League has finished and Hearts are bottom.

I think the majority of fans would like to see reconstruction to make the game more attractive. The biggest issue is chairmen and self-preservation.  To them the views of the fans do not count.

Years ago there were so called meaningless games where clubs could neither win promotion/championship or be relegated. These were the games where they could introduce young players and try and play attractive attacking football without any fear of the consequences of losing.

Chairmen will really have to listen to the fans views, unlikely but we can only hope. The last time they did was when they wanted Sevco to remain in SPL or Championship and fan pressure and the likelihood of fans turning their back on their team caused them to have a drastic rethink.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Tbh out with the whole covid stuff why do we need a 14 team top league? Im happy with 12. 14 would arguably weaken the premiership and significantly weaken the championship. 

You honestly think fans are happy with seeing 4 games against each team and if you think the premiership is strong then you are sadly delusional. The strength of the SPL is shown for what it is when our clubs play in Europe.

13 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Haven't the junior leagues already agreed to "disband" and join the pyramid from next season at an expanded tier 6 along with some current amateur clubs ?

Just the West juniors, although the North juniors are supposed to be in talks with the Highland League, and there are still junior teams in the East region, that don't appear to be going anywhere.