The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Worth mentioning that Hearts were bottom of both the "last 6" form table, and behind St Mirren and Hearts in the "last 10" form table aswell.

No idea why they assume its daft to think they wouldnt overtake these clubs in the last 8.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

This is the problem Hearts fans think this is all about them, it's so self absorbed. It's whoever was in the last position at the time.

Self absorbed? There's a discussion going on about Hearts and the games that remained.  Hard to contribute to that without mentioning Hearts tbh.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Ric said:

League is finished. You finished 12th. There are 12 teams in the league. You finished last.

Accept it, failing to do so only makes you look childish.

Equally, I could point out that your position of self-interest is prompting you to deny the clear reality that the season has not been finished.

Which is childish.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

By looking at the table and form.

Dundee are your equivalent. 2 wins since December, bottom of the league over Christmas, dreadful record against bottom half sides and just lost a game to relegation rival.

St Mirrens form last season is closer to Hamiltons this season.

Is that how sport always works? Thanks for that revelation.  I’m going to make myself Jeff Bezos rich when football and the bookies get restarted.

Edited by Pet Jeden

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Is that how sport always works? Thanks for that revelation.  I’m going to get Jeff Bezos rich when football and the bookies get restarted.

When theres only 8 games left, and most are against bottom half teams, it makes sense to judge how you've done before yes.

You were behind Hamilton and St Mirren in every form table, had picked up at least 4 less points than both over 30 games and had managed 1 win in 11 against bottom half sides.

Youd just lost to St Mirren. 

But yes, a Lazarus like recovery was just around the corner and it's a travesty to the sport you've been relegated. 

Guys, guys, guys

Can we just all agree that everything done in Scottich football boardrooms is for self interest, none of the club chairmen - despite what they say - give a shiny shite about anything other than their own clubs.

I know fans are partisan, but maybe we can all have a day off in these fraught times and be pals for a day?

Spoiler

f**k that utter pish - get Hearts down, administration next then liquidation - yasss, bring it on ya bass !!!

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

When theres only 8 games left, and most are against bottom half teams, it makes sense to judge how you've done before yes.

You were behind Hamilton and St Mirren in every form table, had picked up at least 4 less points than both over 30 games and had managed 1 win in 11 against bottom half sides.

But yes, a Lazarus like recovery was just around the corner and it's a travesty to the sport you've been relegated. 

Cowdenbeath lost 10-0 to Hearts in 2015 then drew 0-0 with Rangers in their next game. Funny things happen in football.

Hearts pumped St Mirren 5-2 earlier this season.

Your assertion that we can just apply results so far to the last 20% of the season is the kind of thing that only someone who has never actually watched football would say. We all know that's not how it works.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You’re being serious aren’t you? Look, if you want to just take the piss, that’s fine. It’s kind of what P&B is for. But spare us the earnest attempts to justify the unjustifiable. Unless it’s satire - in which case kudos.

Edit: My bad. I’ve just looked up some of your recent posts and can see there’s no danger of you attempting satire

Edited by Pet Jeden

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Cowdenbeath lost 10-0 to Hearts in 2015 then drew 0-0 with Rangers in their next game. Funny things happen in football.

Hearts pumped St Mirren 5-2 earlier this season.

Your assertion that we can just apply results so far to the last 20% of the season is the kind of thing that only someone who has never actually watched football would say. We all know that's not how it works.

Aye. Hearts have been the worst side in the top flight for around 16 months, but "football is funny" so were on the cusp of winning more games against bottom half sides in 5 weeks than theyd managed in 9 months.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You’re being serious aren’t you? Look, if you want to just take the piss, that’s fine. It’s kind of what P&B is for. But spare us the earnest attempts to justify the unjustifiable. Unless it’s satire - in which case kudos.

I'm saying it's no travesty that the worst side in the league, by every possible variable, is getting relegated after 30 games.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Yes. But the whole point is that form comes and goes.
There is absolutely no way you can say Hearts would definitely have gone down.
St Mirren's form in games 31-38 was radically different to anything they'd done before. The end of the season does funny things.
Hearts have had some very good performances along with some very bad ones. Who knows how we'd have finished?
You're digging in hard to an indefensible position.
The point is you are arguing hypotheticals. Similar to Motherwell finishing second or Rangers winning the League. Well we do not have hypotheticals. We have the fact that the League is finished and Hearts are bootom. Doon ye go.

Ann Budge first out the statement traps today. Again calling for “temporary reconstruction” instead of any meaningful change. I’d been keen for a permanent change but anything temporary can get binned.

8 hours ago, Eder said:

To be honest this issue overshadows the real issue of how the hell did Hearts manage to finish last in a 12 team league with Ross Co, Hamilton and  St Mirren?  Three clubs with a fraction of the resources and a combined core support less than the Jambos.  They have managed to win a mere 4 games all season and want to use the awful situation to erase the terrible season from the history books.  

The reality is the top league needs Hearts.  A year in the Championship may even do them good and the games against Dundee are something for us all to look forward too.

No it isn't. The reality is that the top league doesn't need any single team.

Guest JTS98
5 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
27 minutes ago, JTS98 said:
Yes. But the whole point is that form comes and goes.
There is absolutely no way you can say Hearts would definitely have gone down.
St Mirren's form in games 31-38 was radically different to anything they'd done before. The end of the season does funny things.
Hearts have had some very good performances along with some very bad ones. Who knows how we'd have finished?
You're digging in hard to an indefensible position.

The point is you are arguing hypotheticals. Similar to Motherwell finishing second or Rangers winning the League. Well we do not have hypotheticals. We have the fact that the League is finished and Hearts are bootom. Doon ye go.

And, of course, this is the view you would have expressed had the league been called after 30 games last season.

Righto.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Ann Budge first out the statement traps today. Again calling for “temporary reconstruction” instead of any meaningful change. I’d been keen for a permanent change but anything temporary can get binned.

There is no way 11/1 will vote for a temporary change. Smacks of despiration to stay up imho.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

There is no way 11/1 will vote for a temporary change. Smacks of despiration to stay up imho.

You think so?

Do tell us more.

I can't think of any reason why a chairman would want to avoid losing three million quid.

Edited by JTS98

Personally i would like to have seen the season finished, even if it's in December, and means 20/21 is only 2 rounds of fixtures. 

Clearly that's not going to happen. (although technically still on the table for the top division) 

It's then a choice between scratching it or calling it. Both upset different clubs. Of the two i think calling it is marginally fairer.

Clearly there would have been a chance that Hearts could have avoided relegation if the games had been played. We'll never know for sure. I can understand why the jambos are upset, and do feel a bit bad for them. But it's like when a cat runs into patio doors on you've been framed, it's hard not to laugh. 

I can’t fathom the mentality that is getting the rangers all het up. It changes nothing but gate receipts for them, the petty minded hateful weirdos. 

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Another hypothetical situation. You’ve been shite over the course of the season, it has been curtailed due to unforeseen circumstances.

That's a no, then.

Thought so.