The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Hearts last results against the 4 clubs above them

Ross County 0-0 Hearts (22/01/20)

Hearts 2-3 Kilmarnock (5/02/20)

Hearts 2-2 Hamilton (15/02/20)

St Mirren 1-0 Hearts (11/03/20)

Saying "they could easily have found a bit of form" is irrelevant. As you could say the same for the other clubs as well.

Did we not win 3-1 at Easter Road? Must've imagined that.

9 hours ago, Munoz said:

Were you lot not bottom of the league for a large chunk of the season? What if the pandemic had broken a little earlier in the season?

I think the longest run of being bottom was 3 weeks, and it was during our winless run.

Theres a difference between the season ending after 8 games and you getting relegated, and the season ending after 30.

No surprise you're too fucking dense to understand that.

8 hours ago, The Reverend said:

Hearts could easily have found a bit of form and survived., especially given there would have been plenty of six-pointers in the last five games.

They were 4pts adrift, and had won one game against bottom half sides all season (over 11 games).

Theyd won 2 games in 3 months, and had lost ground to the teams around them in the last month before games were postponed.

13 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Did we not win 3-1 at Easter Road? Must've imagined that.

You didnt read his post properly, he was quoting results against clubs immediately above you - i.e. those you will play in the last few matches.

h2h

Guest JTS98
28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think the longest run of being bottom was 3 weeks, and it was during our winless run.

Theres a difference between the season ending after 8 games and you getting relegated, and the season ending after 30.

No surprise you're too fucking dense to understand that.

They were 4pts adrift, and had won one game against bottom half sides all season (over 11 games).

Theyd won 2 games in 3 months, and had lost ground to the teams around them in the last month before games were postponed.

This time last year (30 games) St Mirren had one win since December. Two since November.

They'd won four all season, including one gifted to them by Jack Hamilton.

Edited by JTS98

9 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

This time last year St Mirren had one win since December.

And were only 1pt behind a Dundee side who had only won twice since December, and who had lost every game against St Mirren last season.

St Mirren had won 4 times as many games against bottom half sides than Hearts have headed into the split.

You dont have an equivalent club this season to save you.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

And were only 1pt behind a Dundee side who had only won twice since December, and who had lost every game against St Mirren last season.

St Mirren had won 4 times as many games against bottom half sides than Hearts have headed into the split.

You dont have an equivalent club this season to save you.

How do you know?

Just now, JTS98 said:

How do you know?

By looking at the table and form.

Dundee are your equivalent. 2 wins since December, bottom of the league over Christmas, dreadful record against bottom half sides and just lost a game to relegation rival.

St Mirrens form last season is closer to Hamiltons this season.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

By looking at the table and form.

Dundee are your equivalent. 2 wins since December, bottom of the league over Christmas, dreadful record against bottom half sides and just lost a game to relegation rival.

St Mirrens form last season is closer to Hamiltons this season.

Yes. But the whole point is that form comes and goes.

There is absolutely no way you can say Hearts would definitely have gone down.

St Mirren's form in games 31-38 was radically different to anything they'd done before. The end of the season does funny things.

Hearts have had some very good performances along with some very bad ones. Who knows how we'd have finished?

You're digging in hard to an indefensible position.

9 hours ago, The Reverend said:

That's quite alright! I can respect a different opinion to mine. The way I see it though, the automatic relegation spot was far from decided, and therefore it is unfair to relegate a club. Especially when by doing so could cost it several million pounds.

Seriously, what has that got to do anything?

Are you playing the same card as some have in that "Hearts are too big to go down".

Let's look at it, they have had a massive advantage over all the other clubs around them. They have a bigger budget, they can afford to sack a manager mid season (and continue paying both) they have a bigger squad, they have a bigger game day revenue, they have a "sugar mommy" and a foundation that is pumping millions into their club.

They have had all the benefits clubs like ours have not, yet they still found themselves at the bottom of the league. They have failed, and that is the simple fact of the matter. Have you forgotten that for decades their fanbase has castigated our club for their previous failure?

Is it unfair to relegate them? I'd argue it's unfair NOT to relegate them, yet through their persistent whining they seemed to have manipulated themselves into a position where they won't be.

9 hours ago, Munoz said:

If we had lost our last game to Hearts would you have accepted the same punishment? I personally would have found it a bitter pill to swallow. 

If we were bottom of the league now, I can guarantee you reconstruction wouldn't even be close to a topic being discussed. What's more I am on record multiple times saying that if the positions were reversed I would have accepted that relegation was expected. Would I be happy? No, but then I have a grasp on reality.

11 hours ago, Ric said:

I have to apologise here, I was using the blanket term of juniors when it's clearly not the right one.

Does it all just come under the banner of amateur?

No. Seeing as half the clubs pay their players legally and therefore aren't amateur.

Just now, JTS98 said:

Yes. But the whole point is that form comes and goes.

There is absolutely no way you can say Hearts would definitely have gone down.

St Mirren's form in games 31-38 was radically different to anything they'd done before. The end of the season does funny things.

Hearts have had some very good performances along with some very bad ones. Who knows how we'd have finished?

You're digging in hard to an indefensible position.

St Mirren had won 4 games against bottom sides going into the split. It wasn't a shock they done well in that.

Hearts have won 1, and picked up 5 less points against bottom half sides than County, who had 2 games still to play before the split in that "mini-league".

You were fucked and you know it, and I'd wager not one Hearts fan believed you were avoiding relegation until the league was postponed, at which point the maroon glasses were picked up off the ground and "operation defend Hearts at all costs" was activated.

38 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Also if people want Hearts down, that's fine.  Let's not pretend 4 points was an insurmountable gap though, we were off the bottom literally a week before the last game.

This is the problem Hearts fans think this is all about them, it's so self absorbed. It's whoever was in the last position at the time.

28 minutes ago, Green Day said:

You didnt read his post properly, he was quoting results against clubs immediately above you - i.e. those you will play in the last few matches.

h2h

Good point tbf.  I thought he'd said last 4 results against clubs above us. 

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Eh? There's 8 games left.

League is finished. You finished 12th. There are 12 teams in the league. You finished last.

Accept it, failing to do so only makes you look childish.