The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Ric said:

Listen to the first section of it, he goes round in circles trying to justify the reasons for his no vote, yet just ends up contradicting himself. I am not the only person to pick up on this.

The club is entitled to vote the way they want, but to use nonsense about not wanting another club to be hit financially, then ignoring that a no vote will hit clubs financially (because it kicks the can further down the road) including his own is just contradictory.

Agree with this, when you take all clubs into consideration it really sounded like the three clubs were up to something. 

8 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

During that programme, Gardiner set out in detail why ICT was OPPOSED IN PRINCIPLE to the relegation of Thistle, Hearts and Stranraer.

He said explicitly that ICT's position was that finance should not be conflated with promotion and relegation. That was Dundee's position too until the shit hit the fan.

Gardiner also said that principles come before financial interest. I think that's fantastic, not strange at all.

Yeah but it’s hard to buy 

What makes Partick etc so special that he’d happily deny his and dozens of other clubs badly needed finance?

His “principles” may see Partick spared from an unjust relegation and that’s ok even if a couple of clubs go to the wall?

I’m not really arguing whether he was right or wrong to reject the proposal but I’m just not buying the reasoning, it doesn’t quite add up 

My initial belief whilst listening to the story unfold yesterday was it must be Sky pulling the strings of Doncaster to wrap things up early so that Sky's new contract (does it start next season?) has a better chance of a clean start on the scheduled date. Sky are a devious bunch of cretins who imo have a complete disregard to Scottish football so with their financial power they'd be willing to manipulate (using Doncaster as a pupet) any situation to their benefit. 

As much as i don't trust Lawwell and believe that he'd destroy Scottish football at a whim, i just can't see what celtic have to gain from pushing through a vote to stop the season now.

Am i missing something, why would Lawwell/celtic threaten to withhold £ from struggling clubs to push this through? 

I'm all for dispersing the money to the clubs, whether it be 80% of it or the whole lot based on current positions. Any amounts payed out extra can be adjusted from future payments made next season but the important thing is that we don't lose clubs due to this situation. 

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is the depth of insight I have missed in your absence..

It seems to have been missed by some, much like my "box office" (I'm sure that term hasn't aged) banter.

I should say that while I've been pretty scathing about both Hearts and Rangers, that's the actions of the club, supporters (in general and away from the echo chambers of single club forums) have the same mix of annoyance, frustration, anger and bemusement regardless of club they follow.

48 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Yeah but it’s hard to buy 

What makes Partick etc so special that he’d happily deny his and dozens of other clubs badly needed finance?

His “principles” may see Partick spared from an unjust relegation and that’s ok even if a couple of clubs go to the wall?

I’m not really arguing whether he was right or wrong to reject the proposal but I’m just not buying the reasoning, it doesn’t quite add up 

The clubs that voted no are not exactly wanting to deny any clubs their cash, they are simply not wanting this particular resolution passed which ends the leagues now with relegation. If the no vote is passed they would then put another resolution up for vote where, as many people have said, the clubs would get their cash, or at least the vast majority of it, but relegation wouldn’t be forced through , at least not at this point.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

If some papers are to be believed The Rangers refusing to hand over their"evidence" until there's a inquiry,

Tbf, most clubs, including Celtic, should be demanding an enquiry over how this has been handled.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf, most clubs, including Celtic, should be demanding an enquiry over how this has been handled.

Why not say what evidence you have though? If it's that compelling you'd have every other club demanding an enquiry to back up your position.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

If some papers are to be believed The Rangers refusing to hand over their"evidence" until there's a inquiry,

The whole "but other boys told me to do it / which boys / just boys" excuse sounds shifty af. I mean maybe they do have 'evidence' but considering the benchmark that the club has set on certain things before I wait with baited breath to see just what they are claiming to be this evidence.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The question is, what purpose would it serve. If the findings "go against" any of the top teams you will just see the typical Scottish football bun fight.

That said, in an ideal world you are right.

Edited by Ric

Just now, Ric said:

The whole "but other boys told me to do it / which boys / just boys" excuse sounds shifty af. I mean maybe they do have 'evidence' but considering the benchmark that the club has set on certain things before I wait with baited breath to see just what they are claiming to be this evidence.

If they have evidence that means Doncaster can GTF, then do the rest of Scottish football a favour.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Why not say what evidence you have though? If it's that compelling you'd have every other club demanding an enquiry to back up your position.

I doubt they have much, and are just trying to appease their moron fanbase by pretending to stand up for themselves.

Either way, the whole process of this needs reviewed, and those in charge need investigated. It's been a complete farce all round.

13 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

"entirely our option to resubmit our reject vote".   No!

EVUzH8_WsAAvQtP?format=jpg%26name=900x90

EVUzH9AXQAAHVKJ?format=jpg%26name=900x90

EVUzH88WkAAhATU?format=jpg%26name=medium

If a Dundee official has said in writing that the club submitted a reject vote, it should be possible to confirm that it was sent.

There is an alleged copy of Dundee's vote on the Championship forum.

EVVcyLCWsAAV4Fy?format=jpg%26name=large&

I can see this farce ending up in the civil, or even the criminal, courts. 

Let's hope so.

9 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Absolutely - what I read into it was the ICT voted for the greater good, rather than their own self-interest - that may well turn out to be pish, but admirable and probably rare, if true.

I think Gardiner was fed up with what he was reading, and was quite brave to come on the air to clarify what was said and when - I think he's probably made a few enemies, though, and will likely suffer for it.

Let's hope so.

6 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Rangers have clearly left their evidence at their Gran's bit.

Looks like it might be okay to phone the police, say there's been a terrible crime and ask them to arrest someone on the agreement that you'll give them the evidence "Later on"

16 minutes ago, Romeo said:

The BBC News report quotes Rangers saying  'other member clubs, who have seen the evidence we hold, share our concerns.' So whatever evidence there is – it's already out there.

Edited by Mr Heliums

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

They seem happy enough to share the evidence with others. The BBC News report quotes Rangers saying  'other member clubs, who have seen the evidence we hold, share our concerns.' So whatever evidence there is – it's already out there.

Other member clubs not calling for Doncaster to be binned and an inquiry though?

What a complete shit show from all involved.

Edited by Romeo

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

The BBC News report quotes Rangers saying  'other member clubs, who have seen the evidence we hold, share our concerns.' So whatever evidence there is – it's already out there.

You're working under the assumption Rangers are telling the truth.

They drop that line in every time they make a statement against the SPFL.

7 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Out where?

If Rangers and "other clubs" are relying on these Whatsapp screenshots  or similar then that might indicate why said "other clubs" are reluctant to put their heads above the parapet.

Next weeks emergency SPFL board meeting - including Robertson from Rangers - is going to be comedy gold. 

Rangers saying they wont release the detail until after an independent enquiry happens is actually one of the funniest lines I have heard in years  🤣 Its almost as ridic as Clintons defence against the Lewinsky BJ story.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Out where?

If Rangers and "other clubs" are relying on these Whatsapp screenshots  or similar then that might indicate why said "other clubs" are reluctant to put their heads above the parapet.

Next weeks emergency SPFL board meeting - including Robertson from Rangers - is going to be comedy gold. 

Rangers saying they wont release the detail until after an independent enquiry happens is actually one of the funniest lines I have heard in years  🤣 Its almost as ridic as Clintons defence against the Lewinsky BJ story.

Absolutely serious suggestion.

The meeting should be broadcast live. No more he says, she says. Say your bit, produce your evidence and deal with the response.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Absolutely serious suggestion.

The meeting should be broadcast live. No more he says, she says. Say your bit, produce your evidence and deal with the response.

That would give sky something something to show as well. Win all round