The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would I rather the season was played to a finish? Yes.

Do I think we would have overtaken Motherwell? Yes.

If the league was to finish right now do I think all the teams are going to finish where they deserve to? Yes.

I've no real complaints. I won't be surprised if we don't see any live football in Scotland for the remainder of the year.

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

How's that, like?

I don't think many clubs have come out of this well, but Hearts have effectively sounded like a spoilt child. Imo, of course.

Just now, paranoid android said:

Hearts or Hearts fans? Both, eh?

Not necessarily. I've got used to Hearts fans whining like children about 1986 so I think I'm more immune to that. The club though has seemed to be working on the premise that they are too important for bad stuff to happen to them even. It's touching on a Rangers delusion.

23 minutes ago, bluearmyfaction said:

If I understand this correctly...

-the SPFL called a vote on ending the season;

-there was a supermajority needed to do that;

-the deadline for votes was 5pm on Friday;

-the SPFL did not get the votes required;

-so the SPFL unilaterally waived the rules to get the required votes in.

I'm not 100% sure that that would stand up in Court, were Partick or Stranraer or someone like Falkirk (who surely are the most aggrieved, 1 point behind Raith with a home game against them to come, with a much better goal difference) to take it further.  That's leaving aside the implied breach of contract if there's no opportunity for Brora or Kelty to get a shot at promotion.  Both could point to Cove or Edinburgh City and point out that they'd each be likely to swat Brechin aside.

And all they would need to do is point out Brechin's presence on the SPFL committee.

I think this one could run.  Betting that the next step is the SPFL threatening to expel Partick if they take legal action.

You understand it incorrectly. The deadline for voting was 28 days after the proposal was issued but the SPFL asked clubs to respond by 5pm Friday, what with clubs having no other income to receive right now. Dundee had as much right to vote yes today as they did to send an email stating their intent on Friday, so no rules were 'waived' at all. Brora and Kelty are not in the SPFL and can have no legal claim against it; ditto the handful of shite outfits whinging about the injustice of it all.

The next steps are Partick getting back into their stupid little box labelled for the seaside league, Rangers to have another meltdown and for Budge to put up some half-baked reconstruction scheme that fails to win remotely enough support to pass, at which point Hearts are sent doon as well. 

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

The next steps are Partick getting back into their stupid little box labelled for the seaside league, Rangers to have another meltdown and for Budge to put up some half-baked reconstruction scheme that fails to win remotely enough support to pass, at which point Hearts are sent doon as well. 

Forgive me if you're simply trolling, but how can it possibly be considered fair to relegate clubs when the whole season hasn't been played? I'm writing this as a supporter of St. Mirren, btw. It's analogous to a game getting called off after 70 minutes and expecting the result to stand. The league had a pre-determined number of games and  now looks to be abandoned three=quarters of the way through (not 100% determined in the Premiership yet, admittedly). It would not be fair to relegate any club, especially given the financial implications. 

Reconstruction is the only fair outcome, IMHO.

13 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Forgive me if you're simply trolling, but how can it possibly be considered fair to relegate clubs when the whole season hasn't been played? I'm writing this as a supporter of St. Mirren, btw. It's analogous to a game getting called off after 70 minutes and expecting the result to stand. The league had a pre-determined number of games and  now looks to be abandoned three=quarters of the way through (not 100% determined in the Premiership yet, admittedly). It would not be fair to relegate any club, especially given the financial implications. 

Totally agree but with the HL and LL Champs being promoted and not OF Colt teams.  I still feel that we should now consider gong down to three divisions of 16 14 14 and bringing the LL and HLs up to tier 4.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

The Rangers game at SMP last season was only our 6th highest attendance of the season. Bring it on h** fucks.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

No, they genuinely are thicker than shite in the neck of a bottle.

Am I sensing some opprobrium here, Erchie?  I may have gravely misjudged you.

Just now, senorsoupe said:

In the end this was probably the best conclusion for the most people but f**k the SFA has made a complete arse of this process

For once the sfa haven't done anything wrong.

15 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Agree with that.  There is no love lost between our team and Hearts,  but if they are to be punished by relegation it would be a complete farce,  just as it would be any other team across the divisions. 

It's now time for all  clubs to come together for the greater good of our game.

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

It's now time for all clubs to come together for the greater good of our game.

😂

Where was this when Falkirk were denied promotion? When Dundee got a record points deduction? 

Hearts are adrift at the bottom of the league halfway through March, and with just 8 games left. Relegating them isn't some crime against humanity FFS.

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Am I sensing some opprobrium here, Erchie?  I may have gravely misjudged you.

No opprobrium from me.

While the reference to excrement in a narrow vessel may have been a generalisation, for the OP to suggest that St. Mirren would be bust (:P) within 18 months without the blue pound is laughable.

Edited by Arch Stanton

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

😂

Where was this when Falkirk were denied promotion? When Dundee got a record points deduction? 

Hearts are adrift at the bottom of the league halfway through March, and with just 8 games left. Relegating them isn't some crime against humanity FFS.

Were you lot not bottom of the league for a large chunk of the season? What if the pandemic had broken a little earlier in the season?