The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Voted 2 then read the thread. 

I'd like to confirm that although I did vote I have now been in contact with some of the forum big hitters. I am now hoping to resubmit my vote as I find myself in a position of power.

Ironically, I would now quite like to change my vote, but I don't think it's possible. :lol:

23 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Just listening to Scot Gardiner's Sportsound appearance - utterly brilliant, and good on him.

He (and/or the club, whichever way you split it) is obviously entitled to their opinion but to me, that just sounds like 30 minutes of someone dancing on the head of a pin.

I still blame Doncaster as it is clear from Inverness statement that the league received Dundee's vote and then 'lost' it.  I never support Rangers but perhaps they have a point on the bullying issue and the Dundee vote was intentionally lost to give them time to change their minds behind the scene via the SPFL and 'big hitters' whoever they may be.
Why is it clear from Gardiner's comments that the league received the vote? It's certainly true that Dundee claimed to have voted, but it's much more likely that they're at it given that they've refused to comment.

Just now, paranoid android said:

I'm not trying to be pithy - his interview has blown the issue wide open.

Also, try to keep in mind that his dug was bursting for a pish. (now I'm being pithy)

I think accusing someone of not listening, rather than asking "why do you think that" qualifies as extremely pithy. I mean, it's cool, it's P&B after all, just saying.

Do I think that Scottish football could start a fight in an empty room? Abso-fucking-lutely!

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think accusing someone of not listening, rather than asking "why do you think that" qualifies as extremely pithy. I mean, it's cool, it's P&B after all, just saying.

Do I think that Scottish football could start a fight in an empty room? Abso-fucking-lutely!

You said it sounded like "30 minutes of someone dancing on the head of a pin". 

A bit dismissive when they guy had just given a detailed account of what happened - what he said suggests shenanigans - major revelations in my opinion - "someone dancing on the head of a pin" in yours. 

We disagree - happy to leave it there.

34 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I agree 

Gardiner massively concerned about Partick Thistle for some reason but chose to vote against his own club receiving the £300k they need and f**k all the other clubs who need cash urgently 

Strange 

By the way, I think Gardiner was talking shite about the payment - the £300k is no danger the final payment of the season, 2nd place only gets about £500k total.,......

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

By the way, I think Gardiner was talking shite about the payment - the £300k is no danger the final payment of the season, 2nd place only gets about £500k total.,......

The installments the clubs get are only based on the minimum finish for their division. 10th place the Championship got £175k last season, and 2nd place got £475k, so the difference is exactly £300k.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The installments the clubs get are only based on the minimum finish for their division. 10th place the Championship got £175k last season, and 2nd place got £475k, so the difference is exactly £300k.

I know that, but the Forfar guy suggested their payout on Yes was to be peanuts  because lots of the money had already been paid. Mind you that is perhaps because of league position.

Kinda surprised that the payouts are scheduled that way.

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I know that, but the Forfar guy suggested their payout on Yes was to be peanuts  because lots of the money had already been paid. Mind you that is perhaps because of league position.

Kinda surprised that the payouts are scheduled that way.

Forfar are 9th in League 1, so they've already received the bulk of what they're due. The teams higher up League 1 are still due more.

I can't see any other way to do it really - clubs can't be paid money before they've earned it, so you can only give each club what's due to the bottom one.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

I agree 

Gardiner massively concerned about Partick Thistle for some reason but chose to vote against his own club receiving the £300k they need and f**k all the other clubs who need cash urgently 

Strange 

During that programme, Gardiner set out in detail why ICT was OPPOSED IN PRINCIPLE to the relegation of Thistle, Hearts and Stranraer.

He said explicitly that ICT's position was that finance should not be conflated with promotion and relegation. That was Dundee's position too until the shit hit the fan.

Gardiner also said that principles come before financial interest. I think that's fantastic, not strange at all.

17 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Gardiner said that the SPFL board claimed that, due to its Articles of Association, the final money could not be released until the league positions were finalised. 

ICT believed that the clubs should vote to change the Articles. That's why they, like Hearts, have signed Rangers' resolution.

13 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Gardiner also said that principles come before financial interest. I think that's fantastic, not strange at all.

Absolutely - what I read into it was the ICT voted for the greater good, rather than their own self-interest - that may well turn out to be pish, but admirable and probably rare, if true.

I think Gardiner was fed up with what he was reading, and was quite brave to come on the air to clarify what was said and when - I think he's probably made a few enemies, though, and will likely suffer for it.