The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

..north of the border.

I immediately ignore anything that uses that phrase. It generally means some dick who has no idea and is reading random twitter feeds in hope of filling up a column or two

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I immediately ignore anything that uses that phrase. It generally means some dick who has no idea and is reading random twitter feeds in hope of filling up a column or two

Probably got a phone call  from Jum Traynor 

17 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Regarding a null and void season... Would this also go to a vote?

UEFA may give them no choice Bernie, apparently they've now been advised to scrap the season. 

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Probably got a phone call  from Jum Traynor 

Jum doesn't really work with someone from Airdrie Bernard,  besides we've got a new staunch PR guy who appears to have put the cat amongst the phigeons. 

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's a bit dickish tbf Rick but I wouldn't get too worked up over it. With large sums of money involved there's always a chance that the polis might get involved. 

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This was proposed as an Ordinary Resolution. Under the rules of the SPFL, clubs have up to 28 days to vote on such a resolution. The 5pm Friday guideline was only advisory, and this was made very clear on the voting slips.

Fair enough. But you’ll agree Dundee’s vote was cast?

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Jum doesn't really work with someone from Airdrie Bernard,  besides we've got a new staunch PR guy who appears to have put the cat amongst the phigeons. 

It's a bit dickish tbf Rick but I wouldn't get too worked up over it. With large sums of money involved there's always a chance that the polis might get involved. 

Never heard of that place Vicky.

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Who is Bernie? You're a pathological liar so forgive me if I just ignore everything you post.

That lasted a whole 2 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Never heard of that place Vicky.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Oh. come now, you know the script, when someone uses "north of the border" it's as patronising as us using South of the border patter. Just call us Scotland like the country we are and we'll use gammony-c*nts to refer to our friends "south of the border".

Spoiler

I really hope people realise gammony-c*nts is intended as a joke, you can never tell though..

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Fair enough. But you’ll agree Dundee’s vote was cast?

I don't have a clue - they definitely told Inverness and Partick Thistle they had cast it, and it definitely arrived at some point, but we don't have a clue exactly where the truth lies here.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

That lasted a whole 2 minutes.

Are you sure you want to keep this up Vicky, you always come out of our exchanges looking like an even bigger tit than usual..

Your whole "I'm concerned about Scottish football" act for the past few days is fooling nobody by the way.

7 hours ago, Green Day said:

I wonder what the chairmen of those clubs on the cusp of promotion - say Dundee Utd - think about the much talked about sporting integrity if we introduce some bullshit 1 year reconstruction scenario, given the money they have spent nailing promotion this year?

Been there and see them do the very same to Falkirk (before the stadium situation). Mid to late eighties we were always there or thereabouts in 3rd / 4th place. MID-SEASON they changed the league set-up for the end of that season to 1 up, 1 down as Motherwell fell apart at the bottom of the Premier and Falkirk were denied promotion at least twice as they jigged the league quotas about every other year. What a joke Scottish Football is - and it always still is.

Edited by bairney

8 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Btw, why are Celtic so fucking quiet? Usually the c***s are baw deep trying to play the victim, the silence is deafening. 

Probably sitting back pissing themselves laughing at you c***s and your desperate attempts to avoid being relegated. It’s amusing me no end

3 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

They can Change rules, introduce reconstruction, anytime they see fit, the “Rule Book” can go out the window if they want.

Teams have gained “advantages “ one way and another for years. 

1990/1991 They  increased the league from 10 to 12  St Mirren finished bottom but didn’t get relegated although they did know that would be the case all season. 

1997/1998 Half way through the season they decided to reconstruct and only one would be relegated. Falkirk 2nd in Div 1 were compensated £250,000 for not getting that Play Off against Motherwell

1999/2000 Again league is moving from 10 to 12  Bottom Aberdeen are supposed to be in a 3 team Play Off with Dunfermline and Falkirk, that doesn’t happen, and Aberdeen allowed to stay up and Dunfermline got promoted with St Mirren

2002/2003 Motherwell should be relegated. Falkirk have a ground sharing agreement with Airdrie or Murrayfield, that isn’t approved, and Motherwell are allowed to stay up having also been allowed to vote on the decision. The following season Inverness are allowed to ground share with Aberdeen.

We await yet another reconstruction 

Correct. Let's also bear in mind the 10,000 seats and undersoil heating scenarios that saw  St. Mirren, and Partick Thistle financially f**k themselves to build stands they'd never fill only for that to be revised to 8000, then 6000 seats. Capacities that meant none of those clubs would have had to build extra stands as they already had adequate seating.

Anyone who believes that they can't just change the rules as they see fit is kidding themselves.

1 hour ago, Aylo vanal said:

Btw, why are Celtic so fucking quiet? Usually the c***s are baw deep trying to play the victim, the silence is deafening. 

That seems an interesting post considering the club you support seems to have taken up the role you have prescribed to Celtic.

Edited by Ric

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Correct. Let's also bear in mind the 10,000 seats and undersoil heating scenarios that saw  St. Mirren, and Partick Thistle financially f**k themselves to build stands they'd never fill only for that to be revised to 8000, then 6000 seats. Capacities that meant none of those clubs would have had to build extra stands as they already had adequate seating.

Anyone who believes that they can't just change the rules as they see fit is kidding themselves.

Yeah, but it gave us all that wobbly moment at half time while the beer buzz was fading and we had to navigate down the Caley Stadium steps. I mean surely near financial ruin was worth that alone.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Probably sitting back pissing themselves laughing at you c***s and your desperate attempts to avoid being relegated. It’s amusing me no end

Not especially pulling you up for this, but why do so many folk think this is some kind of gasp inducing "gotcha"?

"Yous are only saying all this because you don't want to play in the Championship!"

Erm, yes?

I firmly believe Mass gatherings will not allowed for a long to come at least til December The play games behind closed doors brigade are forgetting that if games go ahead come August how will clubs survive with with no gate receipts, hospitality, food and beverage incomes coming in, Nobody is going to buy a season ticket without knowing if your going to get to see a a Dozen or so games instead of 19.
Sky isn't going to televise every game live either over all leagues.

Dark months ahead for all Scottish football.