The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Exactly.. 

I'm hearing from Ireland sporting events and pubs will not reopen until Christmas. Now considering the Irish have been about 2 weeks ahead of the UK in its reaction to this virus so whats to say this wont happen in Scotland.

UEFA have bottled this entire situation from the start leaving it to countries associations.  UEFA should make a decision and its fuckin final for all associations under its jurisdiction..

It's a horrible thing to say and hate saying it but there is no end in sight for this virus or how it will effect our daily lifestyle again, so putting deadlines seems absolute nonsense. 

Call the season, distribute money and try a league reconstruction to accommodate Hearts and Dundee United and promote another team. 

Some thinking outside the box needs to be done because waiting to see what happens with this virus is quickly becoming a non option

My own thoughts on this are that the clubs should extend all contracts of out of contract players so as they can benefit from the Gov furlough scheme, by the same token the players themselves should be happy to sign contract extensions, given that they may not be paid otherwise. If they choose not to then hell mend them if they think the grass is greener but end up without a club or wage.

The league should then distribute what money they can based on current league positions and we can cross the next bridge dependent on if and when we can restart, whether that be next month, 3 months from now, 12 months from now or whatever. This could involve clawback or bonus payments dependent on the relevance.  Personally I still believe finishing this season is more important than starting the following season as there's likely to be lots of opportunities to amend fixtures, dates and even cup competitions next year.

The Elephant in the room is of course the Economy and how long the Gov will realistically be able, or indeed prepared, to pay people for doing nothing at home.

On the flip side of the long term negatives, we do have certain European countries beginning to lift restrictions regarding lockdowns, school closures and even certain employment.

Whether we will do this or even be in any position to do this within the foreseeable future is open to debate.

There really is no obvious or simple solution that suits everyone and with such a fast moving and ever changing picture anything could happen. We're juggling political, economic and public health issues and as such there will be lobbying and lots of it from all sections of society so if nothing else the following weeks and months should be interesting if nothing else...

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

You're an utter cretin and a pathological liar Vicky, this not an attack this is a fact. Now if you could please post my numerous attacks on other posters that would be great. Otherwise f**k off and stop quoting me and have zero time for you.

Yet another senseless attack, is there something wrong with you?

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

My own thoughts on this are that the clubs should extend all contracts of out of contract players so as they can benefit from the Gov furlough scheme, by the same token the players themselves should be happy to sign contract extensions, given that they may not be paid otherwise. If they choose not to then hell mend them if they think the grass is greener but end up without a club or wage.

The league should then distribute what money they can based on current league positions and we can cross the next bridge dependent on if and when we can restart, whether that be next month, 3 months from now, 12 months from now or whatever. This could involve clawback or bonus payments dependent on the relevance.  Personally I still believe finishing this season is more important than starting the following season as there's likely to be lots of opportunities to amend fixtures, dates and even cup competitions next year.

The Elephant in the room is of course the Economy and how long the Gov will realistically be able, or indeed prepared, to pay people for doing nothing at home.

On the flip side of the long term negatives, we do have certain European countries beginning to lift restrictions regarding lockdowns, school closures and even certain employment.

Whether we will do this or even be in any position to do this within the foreseeable future is open to debate.

There really is no obvious or simple solution that suits everyone and with such a fast moving and ever changing picture anything could happen. We're juggling political, economic and public health issues and as such there will be lobbying and lots of it from all sections of society so if nothing else the following weeks and months should be interesting if nothing else...

The government bit of your post is highly relevant and one that I never thought about before, their borrowing money to carry us through this can't go on forever. 

25 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

At all costs they want to avoid null and void. They will be happy to play the games but if that gets a bit inconvenient time-wise, they'd want calling the league now.

Who has repeatedly said null and void isn't an option? Please don't say Doncaster. Ask yourself why the hurry to call it now? And why tie it to the false claim that monies can't be released unless that decision is made.

4 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Why is null and void not an option? Sky have said they won't ask for a rebate down south so I would imagine its the same up here? 

The clubs can be loaned the money from the spfl so really what is the reason we are rushing this? 

Imo Celtic and Lawell are trying to rush it through ahead of Uefas meeting, I think Uefa will be going for null and void for most leagues. 

Pretty much every single club chairman I've seen interviewed has said that null and void is not an option, and the murmurings from UEFA are exactly the same. I don't buy the financial argument about it, but I think it would be by some distance the least fair option and most seem to agree. I have seen nothing from UEFA to suggest that this is something they are seriously considering recommending - if anything I'd expect them to recommend what we have proposed.

Regardless of what Sky have said about money, I'd say there is almost zero chance of them doing it in England given how far ahead Liverpool are.

I absolutely think this has been rushed through, but I think it has originated from at least three of the SPFL Board members who have a lot to gain from it - Motherwell, Hamilton and Alloa. All three clubs would do very well out of this decision. Brechin would too, but their situation is more complicated anyway given the play-off scenario. I have no doubt that Lawwell is incredibly influential and that he certainly wouldn't mind this call, but in no way would I see them as the biggest winners here - they're simply ratifying a league title that they'll win anyway.

8 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Because it's up to the clubs which rules they want to change. Like they are proposing to change the the 38 game league.

No that’s just Herts proposing this 

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Pretty much every single club chairman I've seen interviewed has said that null and void is not an option, and the murmurings from UEFA are exactly the same. I don't buy the financial argument about it, but I think it would be by some distance the least fair option and most seem to agree. I have seen nothing from UEFA to suggest that this is something they are seriously considering recommending - if anything I'd expect them to recommend what we have proposed.

Regardless of what Sky have said about money, I'd say there is almost zero chance of them doing it in England given how far ahead Liverpool are.

I absolutely think this has been rushed through, but I think it has originated from at least three of the SPFL Board members who have a lot to gain from it - Motherwell, Hamilton and Alloa. All three clubs would do very well out of this decision. Brechin would too, but their situation is more complicated anyway given the play-off scenario. I have no doubt that Lawwell is incredibly influential and that he certainly wouldn't mind this call, but in no way would I see them as the biggest winners here - they're simply ratifying a league title that they'll win anyway.

My understanding from any comment about null and void was the worry sky etc wouldn't pay out, this appears to no longer be a worry. 

For me the big questions are mostly about timing. 

Why did the spfl say 5pm on Friday? 

Why did they announce the results before having Dundee's vote? 

Why are we trying to do this before the Uefa meeting? 

We all know football isn't coming back for months so there's no rush at all to get this done.

To me Celtic want it done quick because Lawwell has an incline as to what Uefa are thinking. 

Even if that is far fetched my question about the rush remains unanswered. 

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You do realise the furlough scheme at present only lasts until 31 May 

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

Null and void is the only option less fair than fucking over Hearts, ICT, Partick, Stranraer, Brora and Kelty. And that's really saying something. 

I thought Hearts fucked over themselves when they failed to beat St Mirren, m8?

Edited by BawWatchin

11 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You do realise the furlough scheme at present only lasts until 31 May 

Didn't the chancellor and boris say that it could be extended, if needed?

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No that’s just Herts proposing this 

You asked why did I say it was a false claim by Doncaster that monies can't be handed out unless the league is called as it stands. I'm explaining to you it's false because the members can change their rules. They're proposing changing them already. It's a crude (but almost successful) way to "persuade" teams to vote for calling it. Surely you can see that?

Whether Hearts would be a lone voice for reconstruction is a separate matter.

20 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

My understanding from any comment about null and void was the worry sky etc wouldn't pay out, this appears to no longer be a worry. 

For me the big questions are mostly about timing. 

Why did the spfl say 5pm on Friday? 

Why did they announce the results before having Dundee's vote? 

Why are we trying to do this before the Uefa meeting? 

We all know football isn't coming back for months so there's no rush at all to get this done.

To me Celtic want it done quick because Lawwell has an incline as to what Uefa are thinking. 

Even if that is far fetched my question about the rush remains unanswered. 

I didn't realise he was a skier.

They can Change rules, introduce reconstruction, anytime they see fit, the “Rule Book” can go out the window if they want.

Teams have gained “advantages “ one way and another for years. 

1990/1991 They  increased the league from 10 to 12  St Mirren finished bottom but didn’t get relegated although they did know that would be the case all season. 

1997/1998 Half way through the season they decided to reconstruct and only one would be relegated. Falkirk 2nd in Div 1 were compensated £250,000 for not getting that Play Off against Motherwell

1999/2000 Again league is moving from 10 to 12  Bottom Aberdeen are supposed to be in a 3 team Play Off with Dunfermline and Falkirk, that doesn’t happen, and Aberdeen allowed to stay up and Dunfermline got promoted with St Mirren

2002/2003 Motherwell should be relegated. Falkirk have a ground sharing agreement with Airdrie or Murrayfield, that isn’t approved, and Motherwell are allowed to stay up having also been allowed to vote on the decision. The following season Inverness are allowed to ground share with Aberdeen.

We await yet another reconstruction 

Edited by NUMBER 7