The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

I'd be very confident this wont happen considering their stance from the start of this. 

Yes, It's still Uefa's stance that all seasons should be completed.

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, It's still Uefa's stance that all seasons should be completed.

Exactly.. 

I'm hearing from Ireland sporting events and pubs will not reopen until Christmas. Now considering the Irish have been about 2 weeks ahead of the UK in its reaction to this virus so whats to say this wont happen in Scotland.

UEFA have bottled this entire situation from the start leaving it to countries associations.  UEFA should make a decision and its fuckin final for all associations under its jurisdiction..

It's a horrible thing to say and hate saying it but there is no end in sight for this virus or how it will effect our daily lifestyle again, so putting deadlines seems absolute nonsense. 

Call the season, distribute money and try a league reconstruction to accommodate Hearts and Dundee United and promote another team. 

Some thinking outside the box needs to be done because waiting to see what happens with this virus is quickly becoming a non option

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

It's a horrible thing to say and hate saying it but there is no end in sight for this virus or how it will effect our daily lifestyle again, so putting deadlines seems absolute nonsense. 

It's only the utterly myopic that would even consider finishing this season, let alone  possibly not delaying the next one.

it's not just in the media either, there are people on here with that same thought.

Edited by Ric

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

It’s a fair point - and if it gets to legal proceedings, as a minimum he’ll have to not vote. Don’t you think McLennan will have to stand aside too, or does he no longer have financial links to a Celtic main shareholder? What about Karyn McCluskey - it would be good to know if she had allegiances  to any team that stands to gain from these decisions.

What do Celtic stand to gain here? We have been told repeatedly by various people connected to various clubs that null and void is not an option. Therefore, the only two possible outcomes remaining are completing the season, which will eventually see Celtic winning the league, or calling the season now, which will see Celtic winning the league. Ditto Dundee United and Cove.

The teams who have most at stake here are Motherwell, Aberdeen, Ross County, St Mirren, Hamilton, Hearts, all of the Championship except Dundee United, all of League 1, the teams competing for the promotion play-off in League 2, and Brechin.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's only the utterly myopic that would even consider finishing this season, let alone  possibly not delaying the next one.

it's not just in the media either, there are people on here with that same thought.

If the season is not to be completed then league restructuring is the only fair way to sort things.  

Appreciate the focus here is on the Premiership but relegating a team that's 2 points behind the team above them with a game in hand isn't an acceptable outcome.  If all teams had played the same number of matches ie Hearts, you can make a case for it but Partick will potentially be relegated only because the team above them have played more games. 

They should call the positions, declare them as relevant for the purposes of European participation but declare no champion on the record books. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Ra sellik vote to confirm themselves as 9IAR winners and it’ll be forever known as ‘not really 9IAR’, notwithstanding the current points distance. 

OR

Ra sellik reset the meter and start again. If I were a sensible sellik fan (obvs not!) I’d be all over that option. (I think). 

Only Sevco and Celtic fans care about that pathetic and tedious pissing contest.

The rest of us don't give a f**k.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Only Sevco and Celtic fans care about that pathetic and tedious pissing contest.

The rest of us don't give a f**k.

You obviously care.

Theres been plenty of non old firm fans on here posting about it.

Fcuks are given. 

Another point, there's no chance clubs in Scotland will be in a position to play some of next season behind closed doors. Celtic could maybe stick that for a wee while but most others would be fucked. 

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

This coming from a zombie that wants the season finished no matter what..(for sporting integrity ha) so what's your proposal Vicky?

More senseless attacks on other posters from  you..

Edited by bennett

Whatever the result is, if they have to have another vote, if club x, y, z all want to take legal action it really doesn’t matter.

The SPFL is clearly not fit for purpose and has to be replaced

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Ra sellik vote to confirm themselves as 9IAR winners and it’ll be forever known as ‘not really 9IAR’, notwithstanding the current points distance. 

OR

Ra sellik reset the meter and start again. If I were a sensible sellik fan (obvs not!) I’d be all over that option. (I think). 

My irony meter is struggling to cope 

10 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

If the season is not to be completed then league restructuring is the only fair way to sort things.  

Fair for who exactly? The Forfar's, the Clyde's the Dumbarton's? Of this world, Who will miss out on big pay days with away fans? Why on earth would they vote though reconstruction, if it is going to hit them in the pocket? Or do their needs not matter? 

13 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What do Celtic stand to gain here? We have been told repeatedly by various people connected to various clubs that null and void is not an option. Therefore, the only two possible outcomes remaining are completing the season, which will eventually see Celtic winning the league, or calling the season now, which will see Celtic winning the league. Ditto Dundee United and Cove.

The teams who have most at stake here are Motherwell, Aberdeen, Ross County, St Mirren, Hamilton, Hearts, all of the Championship except Dundee United, all of League 1, the teams competing for the promotion play-off in League 2, and Brechin.

At all costs they want to avoid null and void. They will be happy to play the games but if that gets a bit inconvenient time-wise, they'd want calling the league now.

Who has repeatedly said null and void isn't an option? Please don't say Doncaster. Ask yourself why the hurry to call it now? And why tie it to the false claim that monies can't be released unless that decision is made.

1 minute ago, Raidernation said:

Whatever the result is, if they have to have another vote, if club x, y, z all want to take legal action it really doesn’t matter.

The SPFL is clearly not fit for purpose and has to be replaced

While I agree with you, we'd never agree on a new format and end up with more fall outs.

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

At all costs they want to avoid null and void. They will be happy to play the games but if that gets a bit inconvenient time-wise, they'd want calling the league now.

Who has repeatedly said null and void isn't an option? Please don't say Doncaster. Ask yourself why the hurry to call it now? And why tie it to the false claim that monies can't be released unless that decision is made.

Why is that a false claim? 

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

More senseless attacks on other posters from  you..

Wheres is the attack you utter cretin? And attacks on other posters? You're a creepy pathological liar and I will treat you accordingly.. now do one creep

Just now, Bohemian said:

Wheres is the attack you utter cretin? And attacks on other posters? You're a creepy pathological liar and I will treat you accordingly.. now do one creep

Well, there's another one.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Well, there's another one.

You're an utter cretin and a pathological liar Vicky, this not an attack this is a fact. Now if you could please post my numerous attacks on other posters that would be great. Otherwise f**k off and stop quoting me I have zero time for you.

Edited by Bohemian

37 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why is null and void not an option? Sky have said they won't ask for a rebate down south so I would imagine its the same up here? 

The clubs can be loaned the money from the spfl so really what is the reason we are rushing this? 

Imo Celtic and Lawell are trying to rush it through ahead of Uefas meeting, I think Uefa will be going for null and void for most leagues.