The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

In what way does concluding benefit Celtic more than others?

It was widely accepted Celtic would go on to win the league anyway however we will lose the opportunity to go after a quadruple treble.

id much rather see us play our games but it isn’t going to happen

I didn't say celtic would benefit more than others - they would benefit by being awarded the title without playing all the games.

Whether it's widely accepted that celtic would win the league is arguable.

No one else but celtic cares about them going after four trebles.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Fucking hell! 😀

So Celtic winning a 9th title on the bounce would be a bigger benefit to our club than Hearts squirming their way out of relegation and possibly disappearing into obscurity? Do you think so? 😂

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

A way will be found.

I think Sky will be doing whatever it takes to cling on to customers at a time when viewing figures could be bigger than ever before.

Aye right Universal Credit is £94 a week 

Ah’ll feed the wife and the weans … … … No wait I’ll buy a SKY package

Just now, paranoid android said:

I didn't say celtic would benefit more than others - they would benefit by being awarded the title without playing all the games.

Whether it's widely accepted that celtic would win the league is arguable.

No one else but celtic cares about them going after four trebles.

No one else really gives a f**k about Hearts going down either except Hearts. Is there a point to be made here?

Guest JTS98

So Celtic winning a 9th title on the bounce would be a bigger benefit to our club than Hearts squirming their way out of relegation and possibly disappearing into obscurity? Do you think so? 😂

Certainly is.

Celtic will market the f**k out of nine-in-a-row and milk it for every pound from their fans. Then there's the issue of potential Champions League qualification.

Celtic are asking other clubs to grant them a license to make a lot of money.

Problem is, Celtic haven't won the league.

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

That doesn't really matter though, does it?

What matters is the truth or otherwise of what he reported about the process.

The rest is an irrelevance.

Anyway, do you think he alone decided ICT's stance? You're saying that ICT allowed one employee to put their future at risk to help his former employers? I'd say that's fanciful.

Again, to reiterate for you, I’m not talking about the process. I’m talking about Gardiner’s quotes justifying their vote. ICT are trying to engineer league reconstruction to get promoted. Fair enough, but cut the bullshit. That the more staunch types are lapping it up will delight him no doubt knowing his allegiances.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Aye right Universal Credit is £94 a week 

Ah’ll feed the wife and the weans … … … No wait I’ll buy a SKY package

I don't think TV is going to disappear.

TV companies will play the long game and meet the customer base halfway. You'll see discounts, payment holidays etc.

The businesses need to maintain a customer base. The outfit I work for is already doing this for customers.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

The ICT 'fanny' hasn't been contradicted by any club or individual so far whatsoever.

By the way, have you thought of any outside force yet who could stop the SPFL paying money to its members? You never answered me earlier.

The SPFL is a limited company, not an unincorporated club.  There are many aspects of the companies act that may stop them from paying out money.  Perhaps their articles of association may be a good place to start looking.

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Certainly is.

Celtic will market the f**k out of nine-in-a-row and milk it for every pound from their fans. Then there's the issue of potential Champions League qualification.

Celtic are asking other clubs to grant them a license to make a lot of money.

Problem is, Celtic haven't won the league.

Which is of course is Hearts primary concern 😂

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, strichener said:

The SPFL is a limited company, not an unincorporated club.  There are many aspects of the companies act that may stop them from paying out money.  Perhaps their articles of association may be a good place to start looking.

This has been asked many times.

The SPFL have never provided an answer. If there was a clear legal answer, they'd surely have given it by now.

Why wouldn't they?

Guest JTS98

Which is of course is Hearts primary concern 😂

Hearts have been quite public about their primary concern. It's in the statement they put out an hour or so ago.

18 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Of course. But I think you can bet your baws that when top-flight football comes back, most, if not all, of it will be behind closed doors and televised.

There's going to be a bit of give and take between TV companies and sport competitions all over the world in terms of events being delayed, curtailed, or cancelled. Solutions to this will be worked out. There's no chance Sky stop showing our fitba at a time when a lot of people will be spending more time than normal at home.

Scottish football doesn't have great viewing interest (outside Scotland) at the best of times but watching matches behind closed doors isn't something which gets ANY television audience excited. I'd also be very surprised if SKY would be wishing to give any further cash to the Scottish game, especially at a time when they've lost loads of subscribers and they also have Scottish football over a barrel.

As such, there's no way on earth that the top tier sides will be willing to split the booty with an extra two or four clubs meaning their slice of the cake is going to be substantially smaller.

As always it'll be a case of self preservation.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Scottish football doesn't have great viewing interest (outside Scotland) at the best of times but watching matches behind closed doors isn't something which gets ANY television audience excited.

You do realise people have recently been falling over themselves to watch Belorussian football?

Times have changed. People are going to be at home. The fitba will be on telly.

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

This has been asked many times.

The SPFL have never provided an answer. If there was a clear legal answer, they'd surely have given it by now.

Why wouldn't they?

Off the top of my head, if  any clubs were to go bust between now and the end of the season then the distribution wouldn' t be due.  Parachute payments, running costs for the season all have to deducted from the "distribution" before it is divided up.  The articles are quite clear that this is on the basis on the "whole of the season".

Edited by strichener
Fixed spelling but original was probably just as apt.

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No one else really gives a f**k about Hearts going down either except Hearts. Is there a point to be made here?

I imagine Hibs care quite a bit and I'd be pretty disappointed if IFalkirk were in the Premiership and no trip to Tynie

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

You do realise people have recently been falling over themselves to watch Belorussian football?

Times have changed. People are going to be at home. The fitba will be on telly.

Yes, but that's only because,

1. There's nothing else on so no competition

2. The initial novelty has already worn off.

If Scottish football restarts behind closed doors it will be competing against all the major leagues in Europe and some of the not so major, in other words it will be miles down the list of "essential viewing" for most.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Because it allows clubs to put their own self interest first.

if Hearts, Rangers and the the rest who voted no actually had the primary interest of the other clubs at the forefront of their thinking we wouldn’t actually be debating this.

we know why these clubs voted no and we know if has f**k all to do with them being concerned with the fate of others

There are two options at either end of the spectrum here: null and void or declare the season as is. Cases can be made for either of these options but both result in unfair outcomes for certain teams.

For whatever reason, the SPFL have decided that the second option is the way it must be. To push this through, they have tied it to the distribution of money to clubs. This allows people to conflate the entirely reasonable protestations of some clubs with reckless selfishness. 

If the SPFL were pushing the "void the season" option instead with similar tactics then we'd have the same situation but with Celtic, Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove (entirely reasonably) pushing against it. You're kidding yourself on if you think otherwise.

If the SPFL released the funds to clubs then this wouldn't be the case and clubs would be allowed to make the decisions without a gun to their head. Would this make it harder to find a consensus? Most likely, which is why the SPFL are doing it this way, but clubs having to reach some sort of compromise probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, strichener said:

Off the top of my head, if  any clubs were to go bust between now and the end of the season then the distribution wouldn' t be due.  Parachute payments, ruining costs for the season all have to deducted from the "distribution" before it is divided up.  The articles are quite clear that this is on the basis on the "whole of the season".

Yes.

But, as has been discussed at length over the last couple of weeks, what is a 'season' and can it be redefined?

Again, why haven't the SPFL just said so if there is a reason?

Who is going to complain? Who will be arrested? What will they be charged with?