The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

What would the temporary reconstruction look like? 

I have no idea. As I've said before, the idea won't be entertained and we're doomed to get shafted here, but I presume it would involve Dundee United being promoted into a temporarily expanded top division. To avoid being relegated again, they simply have to avoid 12th, as they would if they're just swapped with Hearts. Prize money for each place would presumably remain exactly as it would otherwise.

I'm not sure why any scenario which sees Dundee United promoted despite not having actually finished the season is a negative anyway.

Guest JTS98
3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Also, Sky have signed a deal (as you note) based on assumptions of a number of Rangers/Celtic matches.

Changing the league would require adjustment to the deal - and given the economic situation that would seem to be madness.

I'd argue this situation is likely to see us get more TV money, rather than less.

There'll probably end up being a lot more games on TV. Maybe all of them, at least for a while.

Edited by JTS98

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Seems certain.

Could result in a huge change in the TV deal. There's no way we lose a TV deal though. If anything, it might get much better.

The A-League in Australia has every game televised. If mass gatherings are banned, there's no reason for the SPFL and Sky not to discuss moving towards putting every game live on TV. Viewing figures would no doubt be strong since so many people will be at home quite a lot more than they usually would be.

These are unusual times and many things are uncertain. But fitba on TV is one thing that will be around for sure.

Need to make sure they had enough testing kits to test all the players before each match.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, honestman54 said:

Need to make sure they had enough testing kits to test all the players before each match.

Of course. But I think you can bet your baws that when top-flight football comes back, most, if not all, of it will be behind closed doors and televised.

There's going to be a bit of give and take between TV companies and sport competitions all over the world in terms of events being delayed, curtailed, or cancelled. Solutions to this will be worked out. There's no chance Sky stop showing our fitba at a time when a lot of people will be spending more time than normal at home.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Of course. But I think you can bet your baws that when top-flight football comes back, most, if not all, of it will be behind closed doors and televised.

There's going to be a bit of give and take between TV companies and sport competitions all over the world in terms of events being delayed, curtailed, or cancelled. Solutions to this will be worked out. There's no chance Sky stop showing our fitba at a time when a lot of people will be spending more time than normal at home.

The issue would come back to the lower leagues and of course to the Premier if matches are behind closed doors.  How do you recompense Season Ticket holders?

21 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Play the ball, not the man.

His moral virtue is neither here nor there. What matters is whether what he said is accurate.

Nobody that I've seen quoted anywhere has contradicted any of his quite public revelations.

You'd imagine that if he was talking shite, he'd have been quite publicly TELT by some other clubs. No?

I’m referring to all that shite about not being able to vote to relegate another club - the one who used to employ him, funnily enough. ICT are perfectly within their rights to vote through self-interest, like all clubs have done, but save the martyr pretence, please.

Edited by Gibby82

1 minute ago, honestman54 said:

The issue would come back to the lower leagues and of course to the Premier if matches are behind closed doors.  How do you recompense Season Ticket holders?

Maybe some sort of discount on next years ST.. As I've said before anyone looking for a refund on a ST under these circumstances is a c**t 

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, honestman54 said:

I think you rely on season ticket holders not being dicks about it. I can't imagine ever asking Hearts for my money back.

If folk ask for it, they should get it, of course. But I don't think many people will.

The lower leagues will need to be propped up, but I think with a bit of imagination this can be done.

Nothing should be off the table. There's no reason not to have every Premiership game live on TV, along with selected others.

Anything like that will bring in a bit more money, and that will have to be shared around.

30 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Why not? What possible good comes from keeping the money back from the clubs?

Because it allows clubs to put their own self interest first.

if Hearts, Rangers and the the rest who voted no actually had the primary interest of the other clubs at the forefront of their thinking we wouldn’t actually be debating this.

we know why these clubs voted no and we know if has f**k all to do with them being concerned with the fate of others

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

I’m referring to all that shite about not being able to vote to relegate another club - the one who used to employ him, funnily enough. ICT are perfectly within their rights to vote through self-interest, like all clubs have done, but save the martyr pretence, please.

That doesn't really matter though, does it?

What matters is the truth or otherwise of what he reported about the process.

The rest is an irrelevance.

Anyway, do you think he alone decided ICT's stance? You're saying that ICT allowed one employee to put their future at risk to help his former employers? I'd say that's fanciful.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

if Hearts, Rangers and the the rest who voted no actually had the primary interest of the other clubs at the forefront of their thinking we wouldn’t actually be debating this.

we know why these clubs voted no and we know if has f**k all to do with them being concerned with the fate of others

Unlike how celtic voted, I suppose! :lol:

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Hearts have been quite clear that their interest is in not losing three million quid next season.

And why should they accept that level of loss?

Can you name me a club that would accept that in Hearts' situation?

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Boom. Oh, no you can't. There's yer legal case right there. Vote was sent (and received). The 5pm deadline either matters - in which case there was no 75% in favour in the Championship. Or the 5 pm deadline doesn't matter - but no proper voting slip was sent by Dundee in favour and also they couldn't have 2 votes. Again  - no 75%. Any actions founded on an assumption of a vote in favour are now fair game for legal action lasting yonks. IMO. Nae luck McLennan/Doncaster.

As for the "money can't be dished out without final placings" line - pffft.  Yes they can if the SPFL change their normal rules. After all, that's what they are proposing regarding numbers of games played, play-offs, promotion, relegation etc.

Didn't the photo of Dundee's slip say something like 'please return by 5pm if possible'. I think people are taking this 'deadline' a bit seriously with all the legal chat. 

Whatever the legalities are, the SPFL releasing the vote count at 5pm and Dundee asking for theirs not to be counted (if that is what happened) is proper muggy behaviour. 

14 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Seems certain.

Could result in a huge change in the TV deal. There's no way we lose a TV deal though. If anything, it might get much better.

The A-League in Australia has every game televised. If mass gatherings are banned, there's no reason for the SPFL and Sky not to discuss moving towards putting every game live on TV. Viewing figures would no doubt be strong since so many people will be at home quite a lot more than they usually would be.

These are unusual times and many things are uncertain. But fitba on TV is one thing that will be around for sure.

With the projected number of people being unemployed to be in the millions where do they get the money to pay for a SKY package

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

I made the mistake of venturing over to Kerrydale Street for a read earlier.

Oh my.

Fitba is tribalism, I know, but the one-eyed dismissal of everyone else as a self-interested ***/mini-*** while the only club acting with grace and justice on their side happens to be Celtic is quite hilarious.

The Celtic position on this is very funny. We haven't won the league, but you should let us say we have. If you don't, you're just looking after your own selfish interests.

Right then.

Just now, paranoid android said:

In what way does concluding benefit Celtic more than others? It was widely accepted Celtic would go on to win the league anyway however we will lose the opportunity to go after a quadruple treble.

id much rather see us play our games but it isn’t going to happen.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Lobby Dossar said:

With the projected number of people being unemployed to be in the millions where do they get the money to pay for a SKY package

A way will be found.

I think Sky will be doing whatever it takes to cling on to customers at a time when viewing figures could be bigger than ever before.

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

In what way are the no voters voting in self interest but the yes ones aren't? They've made it out to be about being able to help clubs faster financially when they have that option anyway. 

Why are they rushing this? Especially before Uefa discuss it.