The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Totally blue sky but the only suggestion I can see which means no one looses out at all. Let's just do what the EoS and now WoS leagues done in the non leagues. Let's wipe the slate clean and have all spfl teams start afresh together next season by putting everyone into random seeded conferences. So everyone is equal at the same level for 1 season...........i am half joking! 

I'm sure that's to do with getting your 4 OF games a season though.

It only appears to be the tv companies dictating 4 OF games.

Let them play at hampden in a opening charity shield type game. Winner gets to play twice at home in the league.

This would allow you to play twice then a split.

It’s feckin ridiculous that we need to suggest something like this. If the TVs want the OF games we should stand up and tell them or do one !!!

3 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

So hearts latest statement says f**k ye all and it’s only gonna be for 2 years anyways.  Moan.

If Budge can't be progressive for Scottish football as a whole and it is purely for her own clubs safety this season only, I would easily change my point of view and laugh and the silly Jambo c***s at Dens next season.

She would deserve all she got if that was her stance.

21 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Think I must be the only person who doesn't want reconstruction, it's fine the way it is.

I think there are many who like the current structure of 12, 10, 10, 10, and the play off process, but I personally want to open up to more relegation spots in each league so bringing more variety and movement of clubs between the leagues. Extend the relegation spots to bottom 3 in scope not just bottom 2 as now. Plus introduce automatic relegation at the bottom of spfl2. If the leagues are to large you end up with to many boring mid table games. 

Edited by morley

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Think I must be the only person who doesn't want reconstruction, it's fine the way it is.

I’m old enough to remember  the18 team league and, after Christmas,  for most clubs it was boring 

Edited by Bose

4 minutes ago, morley said:

I think there are many who like the current structure of 12, 10, 10, 10, and the play off process, but I personally want to open up to more relegation spots in each league so bringing more variety and movement of clubs between the leagues. Extend the relegation spots to bottom 3 in scope not just Bottom 2 as now. Plus introduce automatic relegation at the bottom of spfl2. 

If there was one change to be made that would probably be the one I'd have, 2 straight down, 3rd bottom play off, that would give the bottom of the premiership a shake.

Edited by tree house tam

32 minutes ago, Bose said:

I’m old enough to remember  the18 team league and, after Christmas,  for most clubs it was boring 

Could it be argued that Scottish teams were at their most successful in Europe when we had an 18 team league, and (although I would need to check this as it might equal the mid 80s) I believe it delivered the most diverse number of teams to win the title?

Is that correlation? Oh, sure it is, you could perhaps argue that there is now far greater competition in Europe so maybe Celtic (Porto) and Rangers (Zenit) getting to finals rather than winning them (Inter Milan / Dynamo Moscow) was a more impressive task.

Edited by Ric

28 minutes ago, Ric said:

Could it be argued that Scottish teams were at their most successful in Europe when we had an 18 team league, and (although I would need to check this as it might equal the mid 80s) I believe it delivered the most diverse number of teams to win the title?

Is that correlation? Oh, sure it is, you could perhaps argue that there is now far greater competition in Europe so maybe Celtic (Porto) and Rangers (Zenit) getting to finals rather than winning them (Inter Milan / Dynamo Moscow) was a more impressive task.

I think you make a good point. I did consider that and it may be the case.  Without minimising our club’s achievements I think it was probably a bit easier then, European Cup was a Real champions cup etc and the money going into the “Big Five” leagues now makes getting near finals a huge achievement for our clubs. 

The financial gap in Scotland is comparable. Celtic have as much a financial advantage in Scotland as they have a disadvantage in Europe. I’m not sure a bigger league will change that. 

Having said that I don’t really enjoy playing any teams four times in a season but there will be a downside to reconstruction.  Fans say it will give the teams more of a chance to play youngsters but many teams are now bringing through their own players.  It’s more about them being good enough.  

4 minutes ago, Bose said:

I think you make a good point. I did consider that and it may be the case.  Without minimising our club’s achievements I think it was probably a bit easier then, European Cup was a Real champions cup etc and the money going into the “Big Five” leagues now makes getting near finals a huge achievement for our clubs. 

The financial gap in Scotland is comparable. Celtic have as much a financial advantage in Scotland as they have a disadvantage in Europe. I’m not sure a bigger league will change that. 

Having said that I don’t really enjoy playing any teams four times in a season but there will be a downside to reconstruction.  Fans say it will give the teams more of a chance to play youngsters but many teams are now bringing through their own players.  It’s more about them being good enough.  

The 4 times a season for me is a nonsense because it's not just league games, if you include Bet Fred groups, then possible replays later on in that competition, then possible replays in the Scottish Cup it could be easily double that. It's unlikely, of course, but not impossible.

Then there is the fact that 4 times a season, in general, helps the OF dominate. You might take the odd game or two off them, but it's unlikely you'll take all 4. Again, not impossible.

So, aside from the tedium, there is the possible repetitive nature and the benefit it gives the bigger clubs (esp the OF). As it's 11v1 and both OF clubs won't vote to make things easier for "lesser" competition, then add in the pressures of the broadcasters who really couldn't care less so long as they have enough OF derbies to fill their schedules, it will always be that way.

It's so annoying we have painted ourselves into a corner here.

Increasing the number of relegation spots might assist. 4 up and 4 down would create a bit of drama.

I'd actually have two national leagues of 18 and increase the promotion/relegation numbers at all levels.

5 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Increasing the number of relegation spots might assist. 4 up and 4 down would create a bit of drama.

I'd actually have two national leagues of 18 and increase the promotion/relegation numbers at all levels.

I think that would give most club chairmen a seizure. 

Bring Kelty and Bora into the 2nd division and make it a permanent 12 teams.

Introduce one relegation place and one play off for the 11th placed Club.

Winner of the Highland / Lowland gets promoted and the loser has a play off with the 11th placed team in the 2nd division. 

This is the chance to start an automatic relegation place.

Though it probably still means Turkeys voting for Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Bring Kelty and Bora into the 2nd division and make it a permanent 12 teams.

Introduce one relegation place and one play off for the 11th placed Club.

Winner of the Highland / Lowland gets promoted and the loser has a play off with the 11th placed team in the 2nd division. 

This is the chance to start an automatic relegation place.

Though it probably still means Turkeys voting for Christmas. 

All very well and good - but tinkering about with the "diddy teams" does not address the basic issue here.

What should the Premiership look like next season?

5 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

All very well and good - but tinkering about with the "diddy teams" does not address the basic issue here.

You've misspelled Budge's persistent whining.. ;)