The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Has Budge shot her bolt already with her 'temporary reconstruction' comment ?

It’s the second time she’s said it now so it’s obviously her preferred option. I’d hate it though. 16 team league permanent reconstruction for me, if it’s to happen. 

Edited by Zing.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

If it was reconstructed to 14 Hearts and United would make it 13 teams.  You'd only really be adding Inverness to that who would've had a crack at the playoffs, you'd not be diluting it much at all.

..and you'd have 12 clubs fighting for 3rd place instead of just 10 currently.  That's even greater competition!

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Has Budge shot her bolt already with her 'temporary reconstruction' comment ?

Definitely not the most sensible comment to come out with when you're trying to encourage backing amongst the other clubs.

I see Slippy G has added his sage comments today already - still holding the party line about "independent oversight of the SPFL".

Rangers smoking gun has less relevance every passing day as its more and more obvious this was all about spiking Cetics 9 iar.

As for Budge - her statement is bizarre, I can only assume she knows Hearts fate is sealed and is circling the wagons to try and get big ST sales for the Championship via the tried and tested "everyone hates us, its us v the world" route.

Cute

24 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Not so fast, young man....

What's in it for Dundee then? Do they think 14 will fly, requiring a ridiculous 11-1 vote from the Prem (I'm looking at you Stewart Milne) and they're taking the 'long view' that they're shoo-ins for promotion next season?

And how will they decide who gets the 2nd promotion place from Divs 1, 2 & 3 without playoffs? Top 2?

Such fun coming our way...

It's hard not to wonder what discussions have taken place privately...

Even if it is temporary why would the old firm vote for it? Why would they want to dilute their own income even for a season?

What would Aberdeen/Motherwell get from losing out on some extra old firm pound for a season or two?

What would Hamilton, St Mirren and County gain from voting for a structure in which they would have a much higher chance of being relegated when the league is going to drop back to 12?

It will completely flop in the water and I can honestly see Hearts being the only one to vote for it if it’s temporary,

if it’s permanent it may gain the votes of the aforementioned perennial relegation fighters but the old firm/Aberdeen/Motherwell etc. would be against it anyway.

The speculation on whether Hearts would have gone down anyway is a bit daft, imo. There isn't any way around the fact that this situation is unfair on them, Partick and various others. At the risk of sounding like a bit of tone troll, the problem is none of the options are fair. Chucking the whole season in the bin is even less so and finishing the season with a transfer window/contracts expiring at 30 games is unfair and involves months more of uncertainty.

Maybe if something could be done with the transfer window to stop players registering elsewhere (and hopefully encouraging short extensions), there could be something close to a fair resolution to this. It will be interesting to see what the Premier League say tomorrow because those kind of change would need to come at a much less diddy level than ours. 

24 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

If it was reconstructed to 14 Hearts and United would make it 13 teams.  You'd only really be adding Inverness to that who would've had a crack at the playoffs, you'd not be diluting it much at all.

Im talking more long term tbh. Hearts and Dundee utd are generally standard top 6 if they dont have terrible people running their clubs. For me I would rather If the teams are good enough to get in to the league then they can beat a current top team via the play offs.

18 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

..and you'd have 12 clubs fighting for 3rd place instead of just 10 currently.  That's even greater competition!

Not too sure if trolling or serious. Even if you take the top 2 away the gap be tween 3rd and 10th is nearly 20 points. Adding in more teams isnt going to create more competition for 3rd.

Edited by gannonball

20 minutes ago, The_Judge said:
26 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Lets have a single league of 42 - we would then have 40 teams battling it out for third = Mega competition.     (not) 

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Im talking more long term tbh. Hearts and Dundee utd are generally standard top 6 if they dont have terrible people running their clubs. For me I would rather If the teams are good enough to get in to the league then they can beat a current top team via the play offs.

Not too sure if trolling or serious. Even if you take the top 2 away the gap be tween 3rd and 10th is nearly 20 points. 

The point is that next season any one of the other teams could finish 3rd or last, it's not a foregone conclusion.

I'm all for a permanent reconstruction of Scottish football btw. Something that benefits and has input from all stakeholders, including fan groups. If this saves Hearts then so be it.

Some back of a fag packet, temporary fix to prevent one club spending one season in the Championship can get straight in the fucking bin.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

There will be no relegation if it goes through. That's the point, to avoid relegating teams "unfairly" (ie because their shiteness only lasted 30 games, not 38 and they might have magically got better overnight).

They were pacing themselves!

18 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

The point is that next season any one of the other teams could finish 3rd or last, it's not a foregone conclusion.

You would have probably got better odds on Aberdeen winning the league than being relegated. 
Eta - sorry meant to say shorter 

Edited by gannonball