The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'll hang fire with a full comment until I know where this finally ends - at the moment - not at all impressed.

I can understand a swither between abstaining (as I felt should have happened in the first place) and a No - but you have to ask - what is fundamentally different between now and last Friday?

Ka ching......

I have to apologise here, I was using the blanket term of juniors when it's clearly not the right one.
Does it all just come under the banner of amateur?
Nope junior & amateur are both distinct things. Any club playing in a league under the juridstiction of the Scottish Amateur FA (SAFA) is 'amateur' & any club playing in a league under the juridstiction of the Scottish Junior FA (SJFA) is 'junior'.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The financial distribution is not secret, each club receives a percentage of the total SPFL prize money, based on where they finish.

Last year the total was £25m. https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

The only question is exactly how much had already been paid out to each club in terms of the normal instalments they get through the year.

Sorry, that’s what I really meant. Because there has been a widespread clamour for the monies to be paid out, I would like to know what amounts will actually be paid to each individual club in the next week

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Rangers Media will be a good read tonight. May be as good as the reading after a *** defeat at home to one of the diddies.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

I had a quick peep... Wow. Never again, disgusting bunch.  They are off to England again anyway. Thank f**k.

Screenshot_20200415-204344_Chrome.jpg

Just now, paranoid android said:

We're always going to be stuck with this thing where we have to play each other four times a season.

rangers v celtc four times a season.

Motherell v Aberdeen four times a season.

Brechin v Hertz four times a season. 

One of the best away days in the entire SPFL.

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

I had a quick peep... Wow. Never again, disgusting bunch.  They are off to England again anyway. Thank f**k.

Screenshot_20200415-204344_Chrome.jpg

I'm sure that's just someone "at it", as (a) UEFA wouldn't allow it, and (b) the English don't want them.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Woah woah woah. Who the f**k wins the Challenge Cup then? Presumably The Caley, to add to our ever growing trophy cabinet. 

Your trophy appears to be in the form of Scott Gardiner...... stuffed & mounted.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Would it though? As it is, the top 10 teams in the league are not involved in relegation or playoffs, in an 18 team league that extends to 12 teams. (if you had 2 automatic, 4 above them playing off to avoid the other 2 positions).

Yes. The biggest benefit often given to bigger leagues is it allows teams to bring through and develop players, without fearing relegation.

Relegating the bottom 4 teams would completely offset that, and lead to dire defensive football.

If I understand this correctly...

-the SPFL called a vote on ending the season;

-there was a supermajority needed to do that;

-the deadline for votes was 5pm on Friday;

-the SPFL did not get the votes required;

-so the SPFL unilaterally waived the rules to get the required votes in.

I'm not 100% sure that that would stand up in Court, were Partick or Stranraer or someone like Falkirk (who surely are the most aggrieved, 1 point behind Raith with a home game against them to come, with a much better goal difference) to take it further.  That's leaving aside the implied breach of contract if there's no opportunity for Brora or Kelty to get a shot at promotion.  Both could point to Cove or Edinburgh City and point out that they'd each be likely to swat Brechin aside.

And all they would need to do is point out Brechin's presence on the SPFL committee.

I think this one could run.  Betting that the next step is the SPFL threatening to expel Partick if they take legal action.

RE: Diluting of prizemoney.

If there are still 42 teams in the SPFL, how would it be diluted?

Currently there is a prize for finishing 13th-18th in the SPFL. Why must the amounts change?

Keeping them as is would lead to relegation being less thsn ideal, but not catastrophic.