The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've always felt there should be a pathway to progress up the leagues, no matter what level you are playing at.

I understand that, for some clubs, it's just not viable due to costs, and perhaps regionalisation even as high up as League 1 might help with that.

It's ridiculous (in my mind at least) that it's only now just a thing that teams can gain entry into League 2 via promotion rather than being voted in.

Couldn’t agree with you more. Hopefully this is the catalyst required to inject a bit of interest and entertainment  to our football again.

Id love to see junior/amateur clubs etc given a real chance to get up the leagues and make an example of some teams who seem to have been stagnant for decades. Get a total refresh of league football and see the interest and attendances rise. No brainer.

42 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

Can I just shock you? I like league reconstruction. 

I think expanding the Premiership would be massively beneficial to Scottish football. Am I small time enough to want my club to vote down something I'm generally supportive of? 

I'll let you be the judge shittea.png

1 minute ago, stagdhu said:

Id love to see junior/amateur clubs etc given a real chance to get up the leagues and make an example of some teams who seem to have been stagnant for decades. Get a total refresh of league football and see the interest and attendances rise. No brainer.

How widespread is that opinion in the junior leagues. Many seem content to be within that structure and I appreciate why.

What I would say is if Budge and Grey are looking into reconstruction it would be a dereliction of duty to only focus on the top or top two divisions.

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

This is going to be the best close season in our lifetimes.

I'm glad you've found some light in all this darkness Kev, it's been a bit of a struggle at times but we'll get through it.

8 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Even taking into account part time wages etc, that's a pretty paltry sum. 

The disparity between the leagues is something that needs looked in to, I remember being shocked at the figures when we were down there.

Haven't the junior leagues already agreed to "disband" and join the pyramid from next season at an expanded tier 6 along with some current amateur clubs ?

How widespread is that opinion in the junior leagues. Many seem content to be within that structure and I appreciate why.
What I would say is if Budge and Grey are looking into reconstruction it would be a dereliction of duty to only focus on the top or top two divisions.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not sure not sure how it’s been discussed in the Juniors in all honesty, but knowing a few people involved in the amateur leagues in the Highlands, they would be delighted to have the chance to play in a professional set up with an incentive (however likely it may be) to rise up the ranks. I think it’s more the chance that it facilitates growth and interest in the communities, and in a few years could see established sides drop down to play amateur sides, increasing cash flow and widespread marketing. Also has been mentioned league reconstruction could help get youngster playing decent levels of football regularly, which would undoubtedly strengthen  our national game.

Financially though, i understand fully the burden this may have for some clubs, but for most I reckon it would be welcomed with the right amount of support and feed-in time.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Haven't the junior leagues already agreed to "disband" and join the pyramid from next season at an expanded tier 6 along with some current amateur clubs ?

I'm going to be entirely honest I don't know. I used to watch the occasional pollok game but that was years ago.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Thought this too but seem to have conflicting information?

Theres not much left in the juniors as the entire west region juniors have just moved to a new senior west of scotland league (plus 4 other clubs from other levels of football). The east juniors have bled close to 40 clubs who've joined the senior east of scotland league since 2017. All that's left of junior football is 13 hold outs in West Lothian, 18 or so in Tayside & 32 clubs up north. Indeed an ex-junior in Kelty Hearts has won this years Lowland League & pending re-structure could be an SPFL club next season.

5 minutes ago, stagdhu said:

.., but knowing a few people involved in the amateur leagues in the Highlands

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Theres not much left in the juniors

I have to apologise here, I was using the blanket term of juniors when it's clearly not the right one.

Does it all just come under the banner of amateur?

I would like the SPFL to come out with what sum each club will get in these payouts, among other things.

The financial distribution is not secret, each club receives a percentage of the total SPFL prize money, based on where they finish.

Last year the total was £25m. https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

The only question is exactly how much had already been paid out to each club in terms of the normal instalments they get through the year.