The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

That Dundee statement btw...

tumblr_inline_mo1zd18HyZ1qz4rgp.gif

I mean to be fair, that covers just about every announcement made from several clubs recently.

I tell you what though, if "brief enlightenment" doesn't go down in the annals of Scottish football along with likes of "succulent lamb" I'm going to be disappointed.

Edited by Ric

13 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Although reading between the lines they are saying that relegation should it still happen should mean that those clubs inc Hearts should be given a bigger financial support package to help them cope. 

In many ways I actually get that. It would obviously mean all other clubs taking a hit but it may pass muster. 

That said I am with Ric - vote and stop pissing everyone off. 

A golden handshake to down quietly?

They'd be better giving Hearts a points start then, clearly having a financial advantage over three quarters of the league in the Premiership didn't work out too well for them this season. 

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Wonder what this will mean for European competitions.  Scottish clubs usually get involved from mid-July.

I cannot see how any international football could be played before October or November as nations wont want to open up the risk of overseas infection

Would it not be better to finish this seasons European competitions and start again in the summer of 2021.

If UEFA start demanding midweek dates from then we will get zero midweek games in until Euro 21

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's been quoted despite your delete Bernie.

In future take what Jackson says with a pinch of salt. 

More lies Vicky. Lie after lie after lie. I didn't delete anything. What is you problem? I really should pay you rent I spend that much time in your head. 

As for believing Jackson, how did Craig Whyte work out for you Vicky, numpty. 

Edited by Bohemian

I cannot see how any international football could be played before October or November as nations wont want to open up the risk of overseas infection
Would it not be better to finish this seasons European competitions and start again in the summer of 2021.
If UEFA start demanding midweek dates from then we will get zero midweek games in until Euro 21
£2.9billion in revenue was expected by UEFA for the 19/20 CL & EL season. Until governments tell them they 100% can't play, they'll keep pushing for it.
Interesting that FIFA are taking a different approach, suggesting no international football likely till March 2021 at the earliest. Probably as their money maker isn't threatened yet.
Both of those not going ahead would open up more space in the calendar early in the season.

56 minutes ago, Ric said:

I mean to be fair, that covers just about every announcement made from several clubs recently.

I tell you what though, if "brief enlightenment" doesn't go down in the annals of Scottish football along with likes of "succulent lamb" I'm going to be disappointed.

Throw in 'concomitant' to your wee list please, thanks.

On 11/04/2020 at 19:19, Alan Stubbs said:

Dundee, realising that they were suddenly kingmakers, saw the opportunity to try and turn it to their advantage and withdrew their vote. Celtic and possibly others have piled in, either to tell them to forget league reconstruction or to coerce them in other ways. After putting out a bunch of word salad statements, Dundee don't know what to do and now stand to look like total fuds if they change their vote because they've had their bluff called/been bribed. 

So basically this, confirmed.

That `no football til August` story is weird.  It's obvious this situation could, and probably will go on a while.  But even if the restrictions are lifted on June 10, how does that mean there'd be no games til August? Even with the 6 weeks they recommend for training, which has been disputed as far too long a time frame anyway, it'd only take them up til 22 July.

10 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

That `no football til August` story is weird.  It's obvious this situation could, and probably will go on a while.  But even if the restrictions are lifted on June 10, how does that mean there'd be no games til August? Even with the 6 weeks they recommend for training, which has been disputed as far too long a time frame anyway, it'd only take them up til 22 July.

Don't confuse "lifting restrictions" with "lifting all restrictions".

Currently it's the law that if you step out of your house you can get huckled off to jail. That's the sort of restriction that would be lifted.