The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Marinello said:

I could be wrong but fwiw I feel a compromise is in the air.

Bear with me but I feel in exchange for the SPFL getting the 'bulk' of their proposal through an agreement with Dundee will take the following shape ;

1. All league leaders get their respective titles as planned.

2. All bottom teams are relegated as planned .

BUT 3.  The play offs in all leagues are retained. Thus ICT , Dundee and Falkirk give their support as will the support be retained of the other ' top end' play off teams on understanding that once eliminated they get their due monies immediately.

Appreciate the second bottom teams won't be jumping for joy but I suspect Dundee's thinking is that for the ' greater good' as per needing a decision asap for the other teams re freeing monies ,  the second bottom teams will bite the bullet and run with it.

Howabout a modification to this - instead of the second-bottom teams in the playoffs, have the playoffs between the bottom teams and the runners up? That way ICT and Dundee get their chance at promotion, Hearts and Partick get their chance to avoid relegation and you're not just swapping an ICT 'No' vote for a QotS 'No' vote.

You still have the problem of when to play the playoffs, but it'd be an easier sell if it's feasible - it gives something to all the disgruntled losers with the 'end the league' proposal, other than Rangers.

Edited by Aim Here

8 hours ago, Lofarl said:

http://www.raithrovers.net/43940/rrfc-board-statement-2.htm

Raith Rovers.  Mind when they slapped sevco about.  Now they are doing it to Falkirk and Hearts.  Top top guys.

Am I missing something here? While they voted yes and they're wanting Dundee to hurry up with their vote, they're also advocating league reconstruction which would save Hearts from relegation and promote Falkirk. That's not slapping them about by any stretch of the imagination.

How many clubs will we have left when everything goes back to normal? Can see us ending up with a two-league set up, with the numbers dependent on who is still in business.

Will Lawwell come to the rescue again and save any of these clubs?

How many clubs will we have left when everything goes back to normal? Can see us ending up with a two-league set up, with the numbers dependent on who is still in business.

Will Lawwell come to the rescue again and save any of these clubs?

You're in some state and utterly obsessed with Peter Lawwell.

He is running our game, surely even you can see that.
Doncaster is just a front.
What is it you think he's done and do you have any evidence of this? Not Rangers style"we have evidence" but actual evidence.

7 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Looks like liitle old Partick Thistle are the ones with the nous, the bottle and the money to take on the SPFL.

I doubt it.

They seem to be arguing they didnt have time to get all the information before the vote.

They had 28 days, as Dundee are showing, before they had to vote, yet chose to vote within 48 hours instead.

They also seem to be arguing Dundee can't change their no vote, despite the fact it seems to be written into the rules that they could do that, something all clubs shouldve read before voting.

If you're resting your hopes on Particks board being competent in terms of legal situations, then your miles out. This is the club who spent a fortune signing Souleymane Coulibaly, only to find he was banned from playing football for years and ended with them having to give him a lump sum to get him off the wage bill.

18 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ignore the Old Firm; ignore Hibs. Had you beaten St Mirren the other week, would Hearts be voting in favour of ejecting us from an unfinished league? Come on, straight answer. 

Because if that answer is 'yes', and we all know it would be, then any argument about fairness is completely and utterly voided.

I don't blame the clubs that voted against this for doing so, but while the fact exists that you'd be in favour of it if it wasn't affecting you, then it's impossible to argue about the unfairness of it and be taken seriously.

Because actually what you're saying is, this is unfair to Hearts. If you were in 10th or higher, Heart of Midlothian FC wouldn't give a tiny f**k about how far ahead of Falkirk Raith are.

And that's the problem here.

If we were sitting bottom, I'd be wailing about the unfairness of it too, but that would also carry little weight. This sucks, but the whole situation sucks and we need a pragmatic solution.

Me personally? I would still be arguing this is plain wrong. Even to save your club and the abomination of their pop-up Celtic shop. Anne Budge? Would probably fail to register our vote in time, then release a long, meandering statement about it.

Raith Rovers statement last night is shameful

Edited by Pet Jeden

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt it.

They seem to be arguing they didnt have time to get all the information before the vote.

They had 28 days, as Dundee are showing, before they had to vote, yet chose to vote within 48 hours instead.

They also seem to be arguing Dundee can't change their no vote, despite the fact it seems to be written into the rules that they could do that, something all clubs shouldve read before voting.

If you're resting your hopes on Particks board being competent in terms of legal situations, then your miles out. This is the club who spent a fortune signing Souleymane Coulibaly, only to find he was banned from playing football for years and ended with them having to give him a lump sum to get him off the wage bill.

I don’t think you have understood the QC’s opinion. Read it again, carefully..

7 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Raith Rovers statement last night is shameful

I think you are now at the point where you need a wee lie down if a Hearts fan thinks this is shameful - 

"We would support a move to an SPFL Premiership of 14 clubs and 3 leagues below that of 10 each but will seriously consider any alternative model which emerges.
Our preferred solution would mean admitting Kelty Hearts FC and Brora Rangers FC to SPFL League 2 with no clubs being relegated"

Its only 8.20 am, its a nice sunny day - maybe you need some fresh air pet?

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I don’t think you have understood the QC’s opinion. Read it again, carefully..

Hes just the same as all the others. His sole job there is to look at the situation, and rules, and show why Partick can argue against it. If the SPFL hired someone similar he could put a convincing argument against their claims.

It's just a desperate move by a desperate club, believed completely by desperate people.

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

has Sevco delivered their evidence on the SPFL's corrupt handling of the vote, that they said they had? 

They've said they'll deliver their evidence once an investigation has been launched.

To be fair, their really has to be an investigation into the handling of this debacle - it's been a fucking shambles.

See when rangers refer to a 'whistleblower' - anyone think they might be referring to Scott the Gardner? 

Edited by paranoid android

24 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I think you are now at the point where you need a wee lie down if a Hearts fan thinks this is shameful - 

"We would support a move to an SPFL Premiership of 14 clubs and 3 leagues below that of 10 each but will seriously consider any alternative model which emerges.
Our preferred solution would mean admitting Kelty Hearts FC and Brora Rangers FC to SPFL League 2 with no clubs being relegated"

Its only 8.20 am, its a nice sunny day - maybe you need some fresh air pet?

They demand to be recognised as champions and promoted. They were one fucking point ahead. As I said, shameful.

Thanks for worrying about my health. I’ll be out in the afternoon flying my drone, filming the the police drones filming middle aged dog walkers like you. Just to make sure you are picking up those jobbies. See you later.

Edited by Pet Jeden

7 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

middle aged dog walkers like you. Just to make sure you are picking up those jobbies. See you later.

I dont have a dog, but if I find any jobbies they will end up through your letterbox.

So (in case I misunderstand) you dont want those in top spot promoted, you dont want those in relegation spots relegated.

What is it that you want?

10 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Handing themselves the league 1 title and a nice wee payment from Mr Lawwell. Win/Win.

Hopefully they'll be dead within 18 months.

Thought you were a better poster than this. 1/10.......but it's clearly got you curling your hand around your cock.

18 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

They demand to be recognised as champions and promoted. They were one fucking point ahead. As I said, shameful.

Thanks for worrying about my health. I’ll be out in the afternoon flying my drone, filming the the police drones, filming middle aged dog walkers like you. Just to make sure you are picking up those jobbies. See you later.

We are not "demanding" anything, the statement simply makes clear that we would not be in favour of null and void. Unlike the other three leagues it's true ours was a close race, but we were top when the music stopped. Just like you were bottom.

There is an inherent unfairness to that but there is also an unfairness to scrapping three quarters of the season, and all the effort and money sunk into that for no return. Every year you spend money trying to go up and not is another year of diminishing returns, financially. 

So, short of playing out the remaining games, with the same squads, in front of crowds (gate income) any other solution has inbuilt unfairness to someone. It's a case of picking your poison. Hearts of course favour a situation that saves their skin at the expense of Dundee United.

Still, allowing for that, Rovers, both in the chairman's interviews previously and in this statement are adamantly in favour of reconstruction that would indeed save Hearts, as well as lifting up Falkirk. Yet above we have your fellow Jambo hoping for my club to go bust. 

Aye, shameful awrite.

Edited by renton

12 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

See when ranger refer to a 'whistleblower' - anyone think they might be referring to Scott the Gardner? 

I think you are right.

However if Rangers are relying on Gardiner, it perhaps makes sense why they have withheld this "vital evidence" they think they have.

He was played like a fiddle by Dundee, went all in with Rangers on the conspiracy theories, realised he had been made to look a fool and was frankly embarrassing - almost at the rambling stage - during that Sportsound interview. 

Compare that with the Forfar chairman - who came on after Scott had to "walk the dog"  code for allow Rangers to release their statement - who was reasoned and rational.

22 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

They've said they'll deliver their evidence once an investigation has been launched.

To be fair, their really has to be an investigation into the handling of this debacle - it's been a fucking shambles.

See when rangers refer to a 'whistleblower' - anyone think they might be referring to Scott the Gardner? 

Nah. One of their tame referees.

Edited by cyderspaceman