The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Personally I think that UEFA need to get the finger out and make a decision.

As we've seen, leaving it to the tinpot, Northern European backwater's bowling club committee has been an absolute disaster.

We can only dream of bowling club committee levels of competence and wisdom.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

We can only dream of bowling club committee levels of competence and wisdom.

Well, you chose to support Hearts so it kinda comes with the territory, no?

Spoiler

doctor.gif.9427916640b88691bc7a5ff9f6646291.gif

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Well, you chose to support Hearts so it kinda comes with the territory, no?

Reveal hidden contents

doctor.gif.9427916640b88691bc7a5ff9f6646291.gif

Yup. That and the cardigan and the maroon Rover and the career in drapery. Now you get back to work - those waltzers won’t spin themselves.

(Ahh. Forgot. No shows during covid).

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Yup. That and the cardigan and the maroon Rover and the career in drapery. Now you get back to work - those waltzers won’t spin themselves.

(Ahh. Forgot. No shows during covid).

Its no too bad, we can still go on the chorie and flog bags of scag (contactless payments only)

10 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

http://www.raithrovers.net/43940/rrfc-board-statement-2.htm

Raith Rovers.  Mind when they slapped sevco about.  Now they are doing it to Falkirk and Hearts.  Top top guys.

Handing themselves the league 1 title and a nice wee payment from Mr Lawwell. Win/Win.

Hopefully they'll be dead within 18 months.

Thought you were a better poster than this. 1/10.......but it's clearly got you curling your hand around your cock.

Dundee still haven't made a second vote and almost everyone is at each others throats, apart from Sevco who are trying to hold everything together and sort Peter's mess out.

I could be wrong but fwiw I feel a compromise is in the air.

Bear with me but I feel in exchange for the SPFL getting the 'bulk' of their proposal through an agreement with Dundee will take the following shape ;

1. All league leaders get their respective titles as planned.

2. All bottom teams are relegated as planned .

BUT 3.  The play offs in all leagues are retained. Thus ICT , Dundee and Falkirk give their support as will the support be retained of the other ' top end' play off teams on understanding that once eliminated they get their due monies immediately.

Appreciate the second bottom teams won't be jumping for joy but I suspect Dundee's thinking is that for the ' greater good' as per needing a decision asap for the other teams re freeing monies ,  the second bottom teams will bite the bullet and run with it.

Likewise Dundee I feel will believe the TV companies and sponsors will run with it as considerably more revenue will accrue from what are eye catching play offs------ moreso when the public are football starved.

Bit of tweaking would be involved re Kelty, Brora and Brechin but Dundee I believe see this as resolvable.

As for the player contracts the attraction presumably would be that this difficult matter would be restricted to the rump of teams involved in the play offs rather than all 42.

The above thinking might have weaknesses which I haven't thought of but the pros seem to outweigh the cons more in this outline than in the other possible solutions.

Just my thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Marinello said:

I could be wrong but fwiw I feel a compromise is in the air.

Bear with me but I feel in exchange for the SPFL getting the 'bulk' of their proposal through an agreement with Dundee will take the following shape ;

1. All league leaders get their respective titles as planned.

2. All bottom teams are relegated as planned .

BUT 3.  The play offs in all leagues are retained. Thus ICT , Dundee and Falkirk give their support as will the support be retained of the other ' top end' play off teams on understanding that once eliminated they get their due monies immediately.

Appreciate the second bottom teams won't be jumping for joy but I suspect Dundee's thinking is that for the ' greater good' as per needing a decision asap for the other teams re freeing monies ,  the second bottom teams will bite the bullet and run with it.

Likewise Dundee I feel will believe the TV companies and sponsors will run with it as considerably more revenue will accrue from what are eye catching play offs------ moreso when the public are football starved.

Bit of tweaking would be involved re Kelty, Brora and Brechin but Dundee I believe see this as resolvable.

As for the player contracts the attraction presumably would be that this difficult matter would be restricted to the rump of teams involved in the play offs rather than all 42.

The above thinking might have weaknesses which I haven't thought of but the pros seem to outweigh the cons more in this outline than in the other possible solutions.

Just my thoughts.

Did you think when the play offs might get played?

Someone mentioned it earlier but the idea of a 16 team top league has grown on me. Even 14 will work as long as it’s permanent. Different story getting it worked out and approved but a change would liven the league up a bit. 

A fair and thorough investigation. 

SPFL chief Murdoch MacLennan is set to order a probe into Dundee’s mystery email.
SunSport understands the league chairman has decided they need to investigate the circumstances of how it supposedly went missing during last Friday’s vote

And that could even involve asking to check Dens Park secretary Eric Drysdale’s email account to provide time stamps.

The issue of what happened as the Tayside club tried to cast a decisive no ballot has become central to the fallout from the contentious vote to bring the current season to an end

Dundee secretary Drysdale claimed in a WhatsApp group with Partick Thistle and Inverness representatives that he’d pressed send on the correspondence at 4.48pm - but it didn’t arrive with the league

Now MacLennan feels he needs to dig deeper into the issue in search of answers.

The Partick QCs' opinion is a good read. It includes these points. 

“The directors have a duty in equity to give to shareholders sufficient information for them to make informed decisions about proposals..."

"A lack of information may constitute misrepresentation by omission"

"...may be a basis for the argument that the directors’ duty, in respect of the provision of sufficient information, in a clear manner, so as to allow informed decisions to be reached, has been breached"

In plain terms I reckon it says there was a duty not to omit material matters and there's and the directors may well have breached that duty. (Personally, I can't help notice that they didn't seem to even include the "null and void" option in the considerations).  The paper would presumably have been written by Doncaster and the draft almost certainly cleared by the SPFL's in-house lawyer and the chairman McLennan. Surely, if the Partick QC is correct, the 42 member clubs should now be asking whether these 3 are fit to hold office? Can they be trusted to serve the clubs impartially and competently going forward?

Lastly the QCs' also conclude that "in terms of Article 185, the Dundee Rejection Vote was deemed to have been cast when it was sent". This doesn't make the further discussions with Dundee look very wholesome. WTF was the in-house lawyer thinking of - or was Docaster flying solo by this point?

The SPFL may well come out all guns blazing but they would be better to completely reconsider, ideally after sidelining the office holders who have created the mess.

Looks like liitle old Partick Thistle are the ones with the nous, the bottle and the money to take on the SPFL.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

A fair and thorough investigation. 

SPFL chief Murdoch MacLennan is set to order a probe into Dundee’s mystery email.
SunSport understands the league chairman has decided they need to investigate the circumstances of how it supposedly went missing during last Friday’s vote

And that could even involve asking to check Dens Park secretary Eric Drysdale’s email account to provide time stamps.

The issue of what happened as the Tayside club tried to cast a decisive no ballot has become central to the fallout from the contentious vote to bring the current season to an end

Dundee secretary Drysdale claimed in a WhatsApp group with Partick Thistle and Inverness representatives that he’d pressed send on the correspondence at 4.48pm - but it didn’t arrive with the league

Now MacLennan feels he needs to dig deeper into the issue in search of answers.

Never mind throwing his weight around. He's got questions to answer himself. Did he clear (several?) drafts of the board paper. Did his judgement and experience not ring alarm bells about misleading by omission?

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Dundee still haven't made a second vote and almost everyone is at each others throats, apart from Sevco who are trying to hold everything together and sort Peter's mess out.

That's the best summary of the situation to date.