The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Where were St Mirren last year after 30 games?    Things can change very quickly.

That, my friend, is a very slippery straw to grasp. The idea Stendel is Lazarus is just nonsense.

So, if you are not going down then who is? Unless you are happy to shit all over United.

6 hours ago, woolf said:

IMHO those in charge at Celtic want the title awarded at any/all cost,any club in their position would want the same.

Theres obviously been a lot of lobbying behind the scenes from a lot of clubs (mines included) but it’s pretty clear to me that Lowell has been pulling more strings.

Would you have expected Hearts to take a different stance on our predicament?

Then you really shouldn’t have a problem then if you believe all clubs would want the same.

You having a go at Celtic fans for being disingenuous , aren’t Hearts and their fans lobbying for reconstruction and displaying faux concern for the finances of all clubs when the reality is they are just trying to avoid relegation at any cost?

I would expect Hearts to fight it absolutely I would for the same reason Celtic would fight any outcome that didn’t allow then to claim the right to be champions or play out the games to win based on merit.

But here is the thing both clubs are where they are based on merit but you have an issue with Celtic because their desired outcome relegates Hearts which you have a problem with even though you admit to any club in Celtics position wanting the same 

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Then you really shouldn’t have a problem then if you believe all clubs would want the same.

You having a go at Celtic fans for being disingenuous , aren’t Hearts and their fans lobbying for reconstruction and displaying faux concern for the finances of all clubs when the reality is they are just trying to avoid relegation at any cost?

I would expect Hearts to fight it absolutely I would for the same reason Celtic would fight any outcome that didn’t allow then to claim the right to be champions or play out the games to win based on merit.

But here is the thing both clubs are where they are based on merit but you have an issue with Celtic because their desired outcome relegates Hearts which you have a problem with even though you admit to any club in Celtic position doing the same. 

How the f**k do you get that from my response?

Where were St Mirren last year after 30 games?    Things can change very quickly.

Stupid comment. We weren't in this unique situation last year. Season cannot finish so current placings are the only guage. We cannot reward success with League titles and not relegate League failures. Shame on Hearts trying to use this as a get out for their shitty season where their own fans were saying they were down after their defeat in Paisley.

6 hours ago, woolf said:

Spot on m8,similarly Celtic fans primary concern is is the well being of everyone else.Sporting integrity at its finest,take a bow everyone and let’s all hear it for our wonderful SPFL 

Right here, your alluding to Celtic fans being less than sincere over their concerns 

Edited by Jinky67

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Right here, your alluding to Celtic fans being less than sincere over their concerns 

Did you bother to read Romeo’s question that was in response

Romeo said: 

I just want everyone to remember that the Hearts boys on here aren't worried about themselves going down.

It's other smaller teams they are sticking up for.

Edited by woolf

2 hours ago, honestman54 said:

To be fair in the Championship with the previous two weeks before lockdown Ayr Utd, Dundee and Inverness were all in that 2nd spot, so it wouldnt be right to promote ICT.

Doesn't matter who is in what position till the league ends. It has ended.

57 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Worth pointing out we would have been in the same position as Partick if this happened in 2016/17, Dundee United in 17/18 and Hearts in 18/19. How’s your luck eh?

2 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

I'm just out my pit, so did anything actually happen today?

No hot takes, no "patter", no war & peace shit, just a yes or no will suffice. Thx.

Partick released a statement

Guest JTS98
49 minutes ago, Ric said:

That, my friend, is a very slippery straw to grasp. The idea Stendel is Lazarus is just nonsense.

So, if you are not going down then who is? Unless you are happy to shit all over United.

St Mirren were bottom of the league after 30 games last season and couldn't beat a team that failed to win the Championship over 210 minutes of football.

They were clearly utter shite.

However, being utter shite for 30 games does not constitute relegation, as St Mirren proved. Hearts are being forced to take a hit of about three million quid, roughly 20% of turnover, based on what is quite evidently a salvageable position. People will lose jobs, people's income will be cut.

I fully grasp the Hibs fans' glee about it. f**k knows we've caused them enough pain over the years. But I don't think any reasonable person could spin it as fair in any way, shape, or form.

9 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Hearts are being forced to take a hit of about three million quid, roughly 20% of turnover, based on what is quite evidently a salvageable position. People will lose jobs, people's income will be cut.

Jesus f**k man, I don't believe I've ever actually issued a red dot in this place ever since they were introduced about a decade ago, but that utter horseshit is sorely tempting me.

You have just given a "we are too big to go down" line. Using the "people's jobs" line as if somehow your club is special is sanctimonious shitgibbonary on an epic scale.

You might be emotional, but you have posted one of the most tone deaf replies I've seen in quite a while at the same time managing to totally ignore the question posed.

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I fully grasp the Hibs fans' glee about it. f**k knows we've caused them enough pain over the years. But I don't think any reasonable person could spin it as fair in any way, shape, or form.

Let me be the first to say - that is utter pish.

Lets take Hibs, Celtic and Rangurs and Hamilton out of it and ask yourself -

Why did Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livi, St Johnstone, Killie, St Mirren, Ross County vote Yes?

Are they all part of the pro-Hibs, anti Hearts agenda ?

Maybe they were all "pressurised" or "coerced" by Peter Lawell? Or maybe they just made their own minds up and voted what they thought was the least worst option - which is exactly what Hibs and Livingston said in their statements.

Grow up, this is nothing to do with "Hibs wanting to relegate Hearts".