The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Zing. said:

You can’t change your vote if you’ve voted to approve the proposal but it’s unclear on what happens if you’ve voted no. SPFL mess #574 of this whole thing.

I would imagine anything is challengeable in the courts - if you have the money and determination to take it there. For instance, if there had been deliberate, material misrepresentation of the "facts" as presented to the board or its member clubs, or a material defect in the process.

Edited by Pet Jeden

16 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If someone from the SPFL or Celtic is discussing reconstruction with Dundee to get them to vote Yes that is some seriously corrupt shit.

Its actually happening right now - I was just out on my government mandated 1 hour exercise regime and spotted Lawell, Doncaster and Nelms hunched over a park bench in Princes Street Gardens sharing a couple of bottles of Lambrini.

They were asked to disperse by the police as they were in contravention of the rules on mass gatherings.

Nelms told the police to f**k off, then got a Whatsapp from Tim Keys and took back this comment.

I had to leave to go home, but Nelms was still standing under a tree waiting on Keys next message, Doncaster was legging it to Waverley station, and Lawell was jogging along the road whistling The Sash.

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

I would imagine anything is challengeable in the courts - if you have the money and determination to take it there. For instance, if there had been deliberate, material misrepresentation of the "facts" as presented to the board or its member clubs, or a material defect in the process.

Even if there is little chance of success, tying the bullshit up in court for months, possibly costing hundreds of thousands of pounds is enough to aim for a settlement.

36 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If someone from the SPFL or Celtic is discussing reconstruction with Dundee to get them to vote Yes that is some seriously corrupt shit.

Is it as corrupt a Dundee being open to using their late/uncounted as a bargaining tool once everyone else has cast their vote?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:
2 hours ago, Zing. said:
You can’t change your vote if you’ve voted to approve the proposal but it’s unclear on what happens if you’ve voted no. SPFL mess #574 of this whole thing.

I've seen people suggesting this is consistent with standard company law.

Craig - You seem to know a wee bit about the workings of the SPFL. How can it be right that they vote - with Brechin casting a vote to, uniquely, save themselves from relegation when the SPFL rules say this?

"(c) Any amendment to these Pyramid Play-Off Rules must be agreed by each of the Scottish FA, SPFL, SHFL and SLFL prior to it becoming effective".

I know it says "become effective" But still.  Did the board paper make it clear that the plan depends on  SHFL and SLFL approval? Have these leagues been offered anything to agree to no promotion play off (which could easily take place at next pre-season)?

This whole thing just gets whiffier by the minute. 

Edited by Pet Jeden

15 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Craig - You seem to know a wee bit about the workings of the SPFL. How can it be right that they vote - with Brechin casting a vote to, uniquely, save themselves from relegation when the SPFL rules say this?

"(c) Any amendment to these Pyramid Play-Off Rules must be agreed by each of the Scottish FA, SPFL, SHFL and SLFL prior to it becoming effective".

I know it says "become effective" But still.  Did the board paper make it clear that the plan depends on  SHFL and SLFL approval? Have these leagues been offered anything to agree to no promotion play off (which could easily take place at next pre-season)?

You are reading way to deep into this and looking for things that are not actually there. You will go mad trying to second guess whats happened or happening. The fact that they fucked this vote up so bad it will probably work in favour for Hearts. I honestly cant see them relegating hearts as it stands now, it stinks too much even for Scottish football.

Edited by Bohemian

22 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You do realise the furlough scheme at present only lasts until 31 May 

Yes, but realistically it's very likely to be extended.

It may not be 80% of course but there will be something in place.

55 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I don't know anything much about the workings of the SPFL, I know about the rules, mainly because I look them up when things like this happen, rather than thrashing about guessing like most on here and even in our media do.

My view is that one of two things has happened here - either a) the SPFL believe they can argue that this constitutes some sort of force majeure, and that they're not really amending the rules, but rather that the play-off cannot be reasonably played, or b) they believe the relevant parties will agree to this, perhaps in exchange for something (eg a reconstruction of the lower leagues or a change to the relegation play-off).

Edited by craigkillie

21 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Government furlough scheme £2500 per month less tax and NI brings it down to around £1700 or about £425 per week 

name me a premier league footballer on £425 a week even in the wee diddy teams pay more than that so if the clubs make up the difference where does that money come from with no income coming in ??????

It's £2,500 pre tax and that would cover the majority of Championship and below wages. Nobody talks about post tax salaries.

80% is certainly better than nothing, which is the alternative.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't know anything much about the workings of the SPFL, I know about the rules, mainly because I look them up whrn things like this happen, rather than thrashing about guessing like most on here and even in our media do.

My view is that one of two things has happened here - either the SPFL believe they can argue that this constitutes some sort of force majeure, and that they're not really amending the rules, but rather that the play-off cannot be reasonably played, or they believe the relevant parties will agree to this, perhaps in exchange for something (eg a reconstruction of the lower leagues or a change to the relegation play-off).

Thanks. Claiming that 4 play-off matches can't be accommodated wouldn't sound as credible in court as "but Brechin's vote was needed".  And as for the "something in exchange", it would be good for that to be out in the public domain, rather than based on a big/medium/small-hitter's off-the-record phone call.

Edited by Pet Jeden

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

So how have the Lowland league managed to end their season and declare Kelty Hearts as Champions, with no relegation ? ......

The board of the SLFL have today decided to end the league competition with immediate effect. The board took into account the points per game average based on the standings at the cessation of football on the 13th March, and as such have declared that Kelty Hearts are this season’s champion Club.

Furthermore, the board would like to make it clear that it feels that no member club should be disadvantaged by the current health crisis we face, and as such there will be no relegation from the SLFL in season 2019/20. We are aware of the implications for our fellow pyramid leagues, the EoSFL and SoSFL, and will announce contingency plans to cover this in due course.

Edited by C4mmy31

6 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

So how have the Lowland league managed to end their season and declare Kelty Hearts as Champions, with no relegation ? ......

The board of the SLFL have today decided to end the league competition with immediate effect. The board took into account the points per game average based on the standings at the cessation of football on the 13th March, and as such have declared that Kelty Hearts are this season’s champion Club.

Furthermore, the board would like to make it clear that it feels that no member club should be disadvantaged by the current health crisis we face, and as such there will be no relegation from the SLFL in season 2019/20. We are aware of the implications for our fellow pyramid leagues, the EoSFL and SoSFL, and will announce contingency plans to cover this in due course.

I'm not sure why you think any of that is relevant? This doesn't involve the SPFL in any way.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

So how have the Lowland league managed to end their season and declare Kelty Hearts as Champions ? ......

How indeed. Smells funny as well. Bonnyrigg are only 6 points behind with a game in hand, 6 games to go - one of them against Kelty Hearts!  Weird. Could they be worried that if they don't declare now that there can be no argument for play-off promotion? Is money being withheld/dangled? Or is it just a crappy amateur decision?

At least they had the common decency not to stick the boot into the team sitting bottom.