The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Yep. Next season should be cancelled. They can maybe play the cup games and friendlies later on.

I haven't really been taking much of  an interest in football lately but it's strange to see that only 20% of the voting recognises Dundee's snidy, sleekit behaviour. I guess there must be reasons why that is but Dundee are looking really bad to me just now. 

It gets even more farsical if this turns out to be true, did someone tick the wrong box before panic stations set in ?......

"The SPFL says it received a voting slip from Dundee on their ballot to curtail the lower leagues, but only after the club emailed to say their vote should not be considered as cast"

8 hours ago, Ric said:

That seems an interesting post considering the club you support seems to have taken up the role you have prescribed to Celtic.

Almost as interesting as a St Mirren fan defending Celtic, they promised you another pre season game? Assume you've still got their sign stored for the club shop. 

41 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

..a St Mirren fan defending Celtic..

Care to point to where I did that, champ, or are you conveniently ignoring my other posts to make your point?

The only money that is due to Clubs is the FINAL payment for this season. They have already received most of their money. Forfar for example claim they are only due around £3,700. Wages are now being paid by the Government's £2500 scheme so not the the issue it was a few weeks ago.

Four Club representatives over the weekend all claimed that in considering their vote that money was not the issue. Forfar (Yes), Ross County (Yes), ICT (No), and East Fife (No).

(Ignore Michael Stewart and Chick Young who are not on any boards of any football clubs but who are screaming it is all about the money when they do not have a clue).

Two of the above four Clubs are citing unfairness and two are citing clarity for forward planning. But not money.

Rangers and Hearts have their own reasons for voting no.

The only money that is due to Clubs is the FINAL payment for this season. They have already received most of their money. Forfar for example claim they are only due around £3,700. Wages are now being paid by the Government's £2500 scheme so not the the issue it was a few weeks ago.
Four Club representatives over the weekend all claimed that in considering their vote that money was not the issue. Forfar (Yes), Ross County (Yes), ICT (No), and East Fife (No).
(Ignore Michael Stewart and Chick Young who are not on any boards of any football clubs but who are screaming it is all about the money when they do not have a clue).
Two of the above four Clubs are citing unfairness and two are citing clarity for forward planning. But not money.
It's my understanding that the government scheme hasn't kicked in yet and clubs might not receive money before their April payroll.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
34 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

It's my understanding that the government scheme hasn't kicked in yet and clubs might not receive money before their April payroll.

Correct and like anything else from governments the devil will be in the detail

Players of the smaller clubs who are not on full time contracts are on to plumbs as they will be employed elsewhere 

Don’t think this scheme was ever meant for football players and the clubs have got to apply for it ………and it’s being done via HMRC ………… not certain that they will get it 

Also if wages are being topped up think you’ll find that they will be told where to go when trying to access the money from this scheme 

8 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Correct and like anything else from governments the devil will be in the detail

Players of the smaller clubs who are not on full time contracts are on to plumbs as they will be employed elsewhere 

Don’t think this scheme was ever meant for football players and the clubs have got to apply for it ………and it’s being done via HMRC ………… not certain that they will get it 

Also if wages are being topped up think you’ll find that they will be told where to go when trying to access the money from this scheme 

I thought that, but after advice I now think otherwise. If you're lucky enough to have more than one job, each employer can claim your salary.

I don't think any of the above is true. Employers are being encouraged to top things up, and football clubs aren't going to be treated differently to any other business that can't trade normally. I've also never seen any suggestion that people working multiple jobs would be negatively affected.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I thought that, but after advice I now think otherwise. If you're lucky enough to have more than one job, each employer can claim your salary.

Don’t know who gave you that advice but going by that some people will get it twice and some won’t get it at all ………… 

As I say devil is in the detail look at how the Bank loans are progressing to date 

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think any of the above is true. Employers are being encouraged to top things up, and football clubs aren't going to be treated differently to any other business that can't trade normally. I've also never seen any suggestion that people working multiple jobs would be negatively affected.

What planet do you live on there is no guarantee that any one is going to get the money employers have to apply for it and it’s being done by HMRC and they’ll decide if you meet the criteria for it. Don’t believe the sound bites that come out of a politician’s mouth There just starting to realise how much this is going to cost them. Wait for the backtracking to begin 

8 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Don’t know who gave you that advice but going by that some people will get it twice and some won’t get it at all ………… 

As I say devil is in the detail look at how the Bank loans are progressing to date 

The 80% Government payments aren't loans. To make it work quickly there can't be a lot of scutiny. Employers will just claim based on the employees salary figures at the end of February. I

Eta, it makes economic sense. It should preserve jobs and much of it would have been paid in Universal Credit and Housing benefit anyway, along with the cost of administration of that.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm pretty sure HMRC will accept 'side letters', coz you don't have to pay tax to get the furloughed money...  

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The 80% Government payments aren't loans. To make it work quickly there can't be a lot of scutiny. Employers will just claim based on the employees salary figures at the end of February. I

Eta, it makes economic sense. It should preserve jobs and much of it would have been paid in Universal Credit and Housing benefit anyway, along with the cost of administration of that.

Aye right a football player is going to claim Universal Credit 

We’ll just have to wait and see what employers get and which ones don’t but you can bet your boots some won’t get it 

1 minute ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Aye right a football player is going to claim Universal Credit 

We’ll just have to wait and see what employers get and which ones don’t but you can bet your boots some won’t get it 

The point in making is many people would have to. There isn't the time of resources at HMRC to filter out part time footballers with other jobs.