The SPFL vote vote

Who done it?  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Dundee are all over the place. Seems like the Chairman contacted SPFL before the "vote" arrived to say "ignore the vote, we are still in discussion".

Dundee have fucked this and until their owner/chairman confirms their vote the one shown to the ICT fanny doesn't count.

Yes indeed Dundee are all over the place but so are very much the SPFL. I still think a case can be made  that b they have legally cast their vote.

2 minutes ago, Kenny fae Partick said:

Is it not the case that Dundee's vote has been legally cast , and therefore the proposition falls.

I briefly tried to catch up on all of this earlier and saw someone saying that any no votes can be changed to a yes within the 28 days but they can’t be changed the other way, which seems ridiculous.

f**k knows what Dundee have been up to. I’m sure whenever they get round to releasing a statement on what went on it’ll be a belter. 

2 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I briefly tried to catch up on all of this earlier and saw someone saying that any no votes can be changed to a yes within the 28 days but they can’t be changed the other way, which seems ridiculous.

f**k knows what Dundee have been up to. I’m sure whenever they get round to releasing a statement on what went on it’ll be a belter. 

I think that is ridiculous. If a club can change one way they can surely change the other way.

Guest JTS98
6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Dundee are all over the place. Seems like the Chairman contacted SPFL before the "vote" arrived to say "ignore the vote, we are still in discussion".

Dundee have fucked this and until their owner/chairman confirms their vote the one shown to the ICT fanny doesn't count.

The ICT 'fanny' hasn't been contradicted by any club or individual so far whatsoever.

By the way, have you thought of any outside force yet who could stop the SPFL paying money to its members? You never answered me earlier.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

The ICT 'fanny' hasn't been contradicted by any club or individual so far whatsoever.

By the way, have you thought of any outside force yet who could stop the SPFL paying money to its members? You never answered me earlier.

The SPFL letter to the club's confirms the position on those payments champ.

2 minutes ago, Zing. said:

The document was shared by Kheredine Idessane, and it looked like a standard boilerplate document rather than something bespoke (since it mentioned delivering by hand as one of the options). It was definitely the case that a yes vote couldn't be revoked, but I didn't see anything suggesting a no could be changed.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

It doesn't though, does it?

You keep digging though.

It's quite funny to think of the police kicking down the door at SPFL HQ and screaming "WHO THE f**k SENT MONEY TO ALLOA?"

It doesn't confirm anything. They haven't explained why they claim money can't be paid out if the clubs vote to do so.

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It doesn't confirm anything. They haven't explained why they claim money can't be paid out if the clubs vote to do so.

It confirms that they can't make the payments, seems rather unlikely they would state this in the press and in a letter to the club's if it wasn't true.

Presumably if one of the member clubs asks why they will get an answer?

Or in an alternate universe, they might tell guys off the P&B forum first.......

7 hours ago, Green Day said:

Out where?

If Rangers and "other clubs" are relying on these Whatsapp screenshots  or similar then that might indicate why said "other clubs" are reluctant to put their heads above the parapet.

Next weeks emergency SPFL board meeting - including Robertson from Rangers - is going to be comedy gold. 

Rangers saying they wont release the detail until after an independent enquiry happens is actually one of the funniest lines I have heard in years  🤣 Its almost as ridic as Clintons defence against the Lewinsky BJ story.

If Robertson is involved in any decision making at the emergency SPFL meeting & considering his clubs current position regarding SPFL jiggery pokery, does this not raise questions of a conflict of interests.

Surely for the purpose of "sporting integrity" he has to decline to attend or be excluded from taking part ?

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It does confirm they cannot pay the last instalment of money based on league position until the league is over, Rangers resolution asked for this to be paid, I cannot remember if in full based on position or in part not on position....the spfl said we cannot do that but do you want our lawyers to work with you to come up with something that might work?  Rangers never replied.

It confirms that they can't make the payments, seems rather unlikely they would state this in the press and in a letter to the club's if it wasn't true.

Or in an alternate universe, they might tell guys off the P&B forum first.......

Why won't the SPFL produce evidence of their claims they can't pay clubs? If they can't back it up they should withdraw their claim.

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

2 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

It does confirm they cannot pay the last instalment of money based on league position until the league is over, Rangers resolution asked for this to be paid, I cannot remember if in full based on position or in part not on position....the spfl said we cannot do that but do you want our lawyers to work with you to come up with something that might work?  Rangers never replied.

There's a difference between saying something and actually proving something.

This has been rumbling on for days now and not one person anywhere I've seen from within the SPFL or outwith the SPFL has produced one reason why the SPFL cannot give the money to its members.

Saying 'we jist cannae' doesn't cut it. It's an extraordinary thing for a private club to claim. They can do anything they want.

Again I ask, who exactly is going to stop them? Who is going to object? Who is going to punish them?

The answer to all of those questions seems to be 'nobody'.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Why won't the SPFL produce evidence of their claims they can't pay clubs? If they can't back it up they should withdraw their claim.

Do you think its likely that the organisation that wrote the regulations is getting this wrong, based on their letter to clubs today?

Do you think there is a small (massive !) chance that Rangers have made a complete cock up of this and are just digging deeper and deeper with every statement?

Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

There's a difference between saying something and actually proving something.

This has been rumbling on for days now and not one person anywhere I've seen from within the SPFL or outwith the SPFL has produced one reason why the SPFL cannot give the money to its members.

Saying 'we jist cannae' doesn't cut it. It's an extraordinary thing for a private club to claim. They can do anything they want.

Again I ask, who exactly is going to stop them? Who is going to object? Who is going to punish them?

The answer to all of those questions seems to be 'nobody'.

I'm making the assumption that the final payment is based on final positions, that would be the rule, is there another rule that says what happens to that final payment if the positions cannot be determined, seems not. The offer to Rangers was to work with SPFL lawyers.  There is a mechanism for clubs to get loans from the ASPFL if in need.

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Do you think its likely that the organisation that wrote the regulations is getting this wrong, based on their letter to clubs today?

Do you think there is a small (massive !) chance that Rangers have made a complete cock up of this and are just digging deeper and deeper with every statement?

Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt it.

I think there is a very big chance the organisation is getting it wrong.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

I'm making the assumption that the final payment is based on final positions, that would be the rule, is there another rule that says what happens to that final payment if the positions cannot be determined, seems not. The offer to Rangers was to work with SPFL lawyers.  There is a mechanism for clubs to get loans from the ASPFL if in need.

Why does it matter what the rule says?

The SPFL is beholden to nobody other than its member clubs. Which member clubs are likely to object to money being paid to keep everybody going?

There is nothing stopping the SPFL giving out the money in whatever way it sees fit and adjusting next season's cash (or the next 2-3 seasons, or whatever) to make up for any over or under-payments caused by the current situation.

Nothing.