What are your dreams/aspirations?

I’d quite like to play in a proper WSOP/WPT/EPT poker tournament. Ideally by winning my place there in a satellite rather than buying in for several hundred quid.

I’d also like to father at least one more child (I’ve got a 1 year old right now). 

8 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

White, heterosexual males moaning about identity politics is not a good look. 

And I don’t think people need to listen to the opinion of bigots to be a well rounded  individual, no. 

That's lumping all white, heterosexual males into the same group. Identity Politics is the distraction from the real divide, which is the elites/1%/oligarchy (largely white, heterosexual and male but with power and wealth), call them what you will, and the rest of society. To quote George Carlin:  It's a club and we ain't in it.

This is not to say discrimination doesn't exist, but it's far less damaging than the manipulative control this small group hold over everyone else, regardless of sharing the same race/sexuality/Religion.

I'd like to win the biggest ever euromillions, build a massive castle, drive about in an amphibious assault vehicle with go faster stripes and those blue lights underneath.  Probably have a wave machine in the pool and disco lights in the flumes.  I'd also like a heffner style harem, but with more midgets. 

I'd like to win the biggest ever euromillions, build a massive castle, drive about in an amphibious assault vehicle with go faster stripes and those blue lights underneath.  Probably have a wave machine in the pool and disco lights in the flumes.  I'd also like a heffner style harem, but with more midgets. 
@bairnardo

41 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Corny as f**k but to watch the kids grow up. Wouldn't mind being the first person who's Myeloma was cured too. 

My ‘kids’ are 41 and 36.  I’m still watching them grow up!  They’re watching me growing old(er).  It’s not all fun but it’s got its moments.

Rooting for you on the myeloma thing though.

47 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Corny as f**k but to watch the kids grow up. Wouldn't mind being the first person who's Myeloma was cured too. 

^^^this too. Albeit I only have 1 and we are all fighting different forms of the desease.

Gambatte HSF.

Edited by sjc

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

To reunite East and West Germany 

@throbber did you ever get to Fife?

Yeah I was working out that way in 2018 around Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes, Kinross and Falkirk. I know the last two aren’t in Fife but when travelling in between locations I also got to see places like Wester Balgedie and Crook of Devon and would often take scenic routes back to Edinburgh like via Longannet power station and through Dunfermline instead of going on the M9. I eventually got pulled up because my van had a tracker in it and I got asked why I kept taking all these scenic routes and it was part of the reason I ended up packing that job in but I really like it that side of the bridge. Still not been to St Andrews or Anstruther though.

16 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah I was working out that way in 2018 around Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes, Kinross and Falkirk. I know the last two aren’t in Fife but when travelling in between locations I also got to see places like Wester Balgedie and Crook of Devon and would often take scenic routes back to Edinburgh like via Longannet power station and through Dunfermline instead of going on the M9. I eventually got pulled up because my van had a tracker in it and I got asked why I kept taking all these scenic routes and it was part of the reason I ended up packing that job in but I really like it that side of the bridge. Still not been to St Andrews or Anstruther though.

There's only 1 possible reason anyone could have for visiting Anstruther, but it is a good one.

I'm not particularly ambitious. I'm a middle aged single man stuck in a boring dead end office job. I'm realistic enough to know that there's no light at the end of the tunnel and I've no real interest in getting married or having kids. 

However, that doesn't stop me from losing myself in Walter Mitty style fantasies from time to time...

When I'm in a good mood i see myself as some kind of Russ Meyer figure with a harem of bountiful buxotic women catering to my every whim.

When I'm having a stressful time at work i picture myself as a character in a Sven Hassel novel. My desk is a panzer and my stationary is a Luger and a bunch of stick grenades. My colleagues are immolated by my desk/panzer's built in flamethrower.

This definitely does not mean that I am a sad case.

6 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'm not particularly ambitious. I'm a middle aged single man stuck in a boring dead end office job. I'm realistic enough to know that there's no light at the end of the tunnel and I've no real interest in getting married or having kids. 

However, that doesn't stop me from losing myself in Walter Mitty style fantasies from time to time...

When I'm in a good mood i see myself as some kind of Russ Meyer figure with a harem of bountiful buxotic women catering to my every whim.

When I'm having a stressful time at work i picture myself as a character in a Sven Hassel novel. My desk is a panzer and my stationary is a Luger and a bunch of stick grenades. My colleagues are immolated by my desk/panzer's built in flamethrower.

This definitely does not mean that I am a sad case.

Everyone should focus on making their dreams come true, I'd start with the immolating and work up.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Good man. You still have the best bits to do

I have kind of started to live my dream. Always wanted to work in care but just never got round to it. I’ve always been in the building trade. But last year I decided to do something about it. So, at 39 I went to college to get qualifications. I’m meant to start university in September to do my nursing degree. I’ve no idea when I’ll start now.

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Dream when I was younger was to be a music producer. I had started a course but left because i was offered an apprenticeship in manufacturing.
Although I did well and it got me some decent jobs I really cant stand the daily grind and politics of it all. Quite enjoy the actual hands on stuff but I think I'm more of a creative mind and get bored.
In a similar boat to DA Baracus and although I've been furloughed and theres a worldwide pandemic I actually feel much better about things which shows you how much a poor job (or bad people) can effect you.
To break out of it and a poor social life I need to develop more confidence and self esteem but it's hard due to being stuck in a loop due to a few idiots throwing stones all the time.

A lot of people can relate to your last paragraph.  Stuff them.  Walk about like your looking the world in the eye.  Don't stare at folk...   that was a good post mate  

15 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Anybody dreaming of setting up an anti jogger/cyclist hate group, count me in.

Is this a hate group for people who don’t like joggers/cyclists or for people who don’t like people who are anti joggers/cyclists?

Edited by Granny Danger