What are your dreams/aspirations?

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Sorta clothes/brands were you thinking?

I had a few - Fjall Raven probably being the most 'scene' now. I fucked that up myself by going to two other shops in Dundee and saying I wouldn't be stepping on their toes and explaining the route I'd be going down. I wouldn't have got near one of them yet they were still the ones that fucked me over though. 

Edit : it was designer. But not your Stone Island (they wouldn't entertain me). I had a direct line to a guy who then sold his label and has moved onto a bigger better line all of his own again. I want to be him, basically. His first label went too mainstream too quick and died.

Hero. 

Edited by Dele

I had a few - Fjall Raven probably being the most 'scene' now. I fucked that up myself by going to two other shops in Dundee and saying I wouldn't be stepping on their toes and explaining the route I'd be going down. I wouldn't have got near one of them yet they were still the ones that fucked me over though. 
How did they f**k you over?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Dele said:

How did they f**k you over?

They're an established company with massive (in relative terms) accounts. I told them I wasn't interested in their target market and wouldn't be looking at it. 

Told them a few brands I was in discussion with and they went and took the best account I would ever have got. Had it in the window within a month. 

The other shop was brand new, he even showed me some of his books and offered advice. He too has been fucked over by shop one. 

Edit : I completely understand its a dog eat dog World. That's the nature of the beast. Still stings a bit but times like this I'm a bit relieved. 

Edited by Dele

They're an established company with massive (in relative terms) accounts. I told them I wasn't interested in their target market and wouldn't be looking at it. 

Told them a few brands I was in discussion with and they went and took the best account I would ever have got. Had it in the window within a month. 

The other shop was brand new, he even showed me some of his books and offered advice. He too has been fucked over by shop one. 

Ahh f**k. Wankers. Youl know better next time and just look out for yourself. 

FWIW, in my experience from folk I have known trying, businesses dont fail because they dont have the skills required in their chosen field, they fail because they dont know enough about the business side. Ruthlessness is probably an unsavoury quality you need which would include nor attempting to appease those fuckers before you got started

Edit : it was designer. But not your Stone Island (they wouldn't entertain me). I had a direct line to a guy who then sold his label and has moved onto a bigger better line all of his own again. I want to be him, basically. His first label went too mainstream too quick and died.
Hero. 

Id have spent a small fortune in your shop.
Theres a brand I like in LA called Johnson Motors inc, they do tshirts based on old biker gang logos/steve mcqueen (the owner actually has one of steve mcqueens bikes in their studio) stuff and their tshirts are fantastic, they are largely just a very small concern but a few movie stars wore their stuff and they got a lot of attention, the boy simon who owns them is british and they basically went bigger than they wanted to and took a few years to scale back to what they were comfortable with and get their identity back so I can relate to what youre saying.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ruthlessness is probably an unsavoury quality you need which would include nor attempting to appease those fuckers before you got started

Aye, I was young and naive. Just wanted to be everybody's mate and got too excited. The high Street is deid now, too many guys doing it through Facebook and online only stores. 

There's one who will be struggling just now but he makes a small fortune just him and his brother taking empty bags to an unknown place in the Alps region and stocking up on Stone Island, Paul and Shark etc then flogging it under half the usual store price on social media. Crazy margins. 

Edited by Dele

Aye, I was young and naive. Just wanted to be everybody's mate and got too excited. The high Street is deid now, too many guys doing it through Facebook and online only stores. 
There's one who will be struggling just now but he makes a small fortune just him and his brother taking empty bags to an unknown place in the Alps region and stocking up on Stone Island, Paul and Shark etc then flogging it under half the usual store price on social media. Crazy margins. 
Easy done. And something that would hamper me for sure.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Sunday 12th April 2020 - the day sjc finally got cancelled. 

You could put across a counter argument to the video instead of hiding behind "the cancel culture"........

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

It’s not a counter argument to the video, there is very little wrong with the video other than he doesn’t actually say anything, but he’s a homophobe, a transphobe, a misogynist and at the very least friends with racists. He’s an absolute scumbag who shouldn’t be given the time of day on any issue. 

We've (you and I) been here before, in that you don't win an argument by gagging someone. 

Living in an echo chamber won't change this no matter how much you want it to.

Which racists is he friends with? I'm fairly sure we all have friends that hold some form of discriminatory views that loosely could be persevered as racism.

20 minutes ago, sjc said:

You could put across a counter argument to the video instead of hiding behind "the cancel culture"........

https://nationalpost.com/news/jordan-petersons-year-of-absolute-hell-professor-forced-to-retreat-from-public-life-because-of-tranquilizer-addiction

Safe to say I won't be following life advice from a man whose popularity on the subject rose to the levels it did while he was addicted to tranquilisers 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

https://nationalpost.com/news/jordan-petersons-year-of-absolute-hell-professor-forced-to-retreat-from-public-life-because-of-tranquilizer-addiction

Safe to say I won't be following life advice from a man whose popularity on the subject rose to the levels it did while he was addicted to tranquilisers 

It's funny how addiction makes victims or some but not others depending upon the perception of said person. Fair enough, each to their own but remember even a broken clock is right twice a day....

I’d often thought of setting up my own company offering the same sort of service(s) which I do for my current employer now, but the current health and economic climate brought on by the coronavirus pandemic has made me hugely thankful and relieved I didn’t make the decision to go solo or jump ship into the private sector. 

Ultimately, the dream/aspiration has always been based on my love for what we have on our doorstep in Bonnie Scotland, and a love shared by my wee girl. We’ve been numerous abroad-holidays but she always seems much more content or gets more out of ‘home’ holidays. (She’s never been big on roasting hot sunny climates). 

Whilst a lotto win would be nice, realistically the chances are slim and I’ve never been that arsed about being a multi-millionaire or anything. The dream has pretty much always been that it’d just be nice to live mortgage-free and own a couple or even just one rural retreat, probably up Aviemore way and/or on one of the islands. 

Dream when I was younger was to be a music producer. I had started a course but left because i was offered an apprenticeship in manufacturing.
Although I did well and it got me some decent jobs I really cant stand the daily grind and politics of it all. Quite enjoy the actual hands on stuff but I think I'm more of a creative mind and get bored.
In a similar boat to DA Baracus and although I've been furloughed and theres a worldwide pandemic I actually feel much better about things which shows you how much a poor job (or bad people) can effect you.
To break out of it and a poor social life I need to develop more confidence and self esteem but it's hard due to being stuck in a loop due to a few idiots throwing stones all the time.

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

It’s not a case of wanting to gag him, it’s a case of you publicly sharing one of his videos. Not sharing his videos does not equal gagging him.

I'd say trying to passive aggressively pressure someone into your way of groupthink is a form of gagging.

He’s tweeted support to Tommy Robinson before, and he’s got a picture with a fan in a hideous anti-Muslim T-Shirt (see below.)

The same Religion (other hypocritical Religions are available) that hold discriminatory views (and in some Countries, laws) against other minorities such as gays and lesbians? This for me highlights the problem with "identity politics" we're going down in that it becomes a quest to feel more discriminated against that the next group, all the while holding some form of discrimination of others themselves.

It’s not people ‘loosely perceived (Hibs persevered - damn autocorrect!,) as being racist he associated with,) it’s people fundamentally racist. 

So do you advocate only associating with people of the same views as your own? I'm not for a minute defending anothers racism but you risk going further and further into the echo chamber with this mindset. Disagreement and debate are far better in my opinion.

835015B2-0D61-4BE5-8966-12E4FBB30534.jpeg

My life was turned upside down nine years ago, totally changing me forever. Wealth is something we would all like and I have my fair share of it, but I’d give it all up today to achieve my dreams. Seeing my family thrive is all I want now, it’s as simple as that