The Scottish Coronavirus Club Statement Thread

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Was it your second uncles cousins wifes sister that told you via Stevie May?

In the papers.

Papers also saying Hibs have voted for it.

Top flight seems pretty clear cut now.

Tommy Wright all but confirms St Johnstone will vote for it too. 

No shock really, it pushes us up to 6th, and also gives us clarity in terms of players contracts etc., he said last week all negotiations and PCA signings have been put on hold until what's happening with this season is cleared up.

Going by managers comments/paper talk, the top flight is split 9-3 just now. Just enough to vote Yes. Hibs fans still unconvinced theyll actually back the plans.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tommy Wright all but confirms St Johnstone will vote for it too. 

No shock really, it pushes us up to 6th, and also gives us clarity in terms of players contracts etc., he said last week all negotiations and PCA signings have been put on hold until what's happening with this season is cleared up.

Going by managers comments/paper talk, the top flight is split 9-3 just now. Just enough to vote Yes. Hibs fans still unconvinced theyll actually back the plans.

And your chairman will probably still cull all talk of signings until about 3 days until deadline day.

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

And your chairman will probably still cull all talk of signings until about 3 days until deadline day.

Nah it's not a normal window so he'll probably wait until deadline day this time.

3 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

I'll let others decide but I thought our statement was pretty good tbf.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-24/

You could almost certainly pull a set of random words out of the dictionary and produce a more coherent statement than that. It wastes an awful lot of words not saying much and pulling unsubstantiated numbers out of thin air.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You could almost certainly pull a set of random words out of the dictionary and produce a more coherent statement than that. It wastes an awful lot of words not saying much and pulling unsubstantiated numbers out of thin air.

Deleted my post as I may as well just put it in the OP.

I disagree - I think it clearly lays out why the club has voted no although I take your point on the figures - no idea where they got them from.

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

Deleted my post as I may as well just put it in the OP.

I disagree - I think it clearly lays out why the club has voted no although I take your point on the figures - no idea where they got them from.

It doesn't remotely clearly say anything at all. It isn't even 100% clear they've voted no though it's certainly the implication of it as I read it.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It doesn't remotely clearly say anything at all. It isn't even 100% clear they've voted no though it's certainly the implication of it as I read it.

Fair enough; I was always going to show bias in regards to it.

BBC reporter:

ETA: Kheredine is usually pretty on the ball, but he's clearly mucked up his last sentence in excitement.

Edited by Speroni*1

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

10 of the Championship clubs needed to be in favour? Startling revelation from the BBC there!

He's usually spot on, but clearly mucked up his last sentence in order to get the news out quickly.