The Scottish Coronavirus Club Statement Thread

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Some clubs might die but at least some Dundee fans can say they got it right up United.

Totally worth it if a club like say, Stranraer dies, even though United were going to win the league anyway.

Bad example. Stranraer are also voting no (because they are bottom) and are not short of cash after getting the guts of £0.25m from their trip to Ibrox earlier this season. 😉

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Bad example. Stranraer are also voting no (because they are bottom) and are not short of cash after getting the guts of £0.25m from their trip to Ibrox earlier this season. 😉

Yes, that's why they're voting against it...

To be fair I hadn't thought about their current league placing when I picked them as an example! A visit from Falkirk will see them comfortable for seasons to come I'd imagine.

Edited by DA Baracus

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Some clubs might die but at least some Dundee fans can say they got it right up United.

Totally worth it if a club like say, Stranraer dies, even though United were going to win the league anyway.

Why are we to blame if a club dies? The money is there for the SPFL to dish out, nothing stopping them. 

They say the rules state that final positions must be confirmed before any money is dished out...

Then they change other rules to end the season.

18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Why are we to blame if a club dies? The money is there for the SPFL to dish out, nothing stopping them. 

They say the rules state that final positions must be confirmed before any money is dished out...

Your club wouldn't be to be blame.

1 hour ago, AuAl said:
2 hours ago, hk blues said:
Gotcha.
Regardless, I think any Dundee fan will admit  to putting our own club's interests first - what a shocker!  I'd also say  the vast majority of Dees are concerned about the proposals removing our chance of going up  - if they fucked up Utd that would merely be a welcome spin-off benefit.

For what it's worth I don't think dees should have been concerned about having a chance of going up before all this anyway.

Nonsense. 

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

For some of your fans it's 100% about that.

Take away all the piss taking and you'll struggle to find a Dee who would prioritise Utd not going up over Dundee having a chance to go up.  

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

You realise they had to change the rules because, you know, the season cant actually be completed.

If you're moaning about that then you're effectively wanting no prize money handed out at all.

57 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There's a reason Dundee fans are the only ones not directly benefiting from it who are going on about wanting a null and void season, even though both solutions would leave their club in exactly the same division.

What is the reason?

Not sure the best place for this, anyway, the BBC are running a story that is critical of the SPFL with a Rangers statement taking direct aim at the SPFL. Now the BBC can of course run this story but was not a few months ago that the BBC suspended a member of staff for taking aim at someone and saying it was unfair not to have a balanced piece. You won't be surprised to know that the article has no comment from the SPFL, indeed they haven't even been approached for comment going by the article.