The Scottish Coronavirus Club Statement Thread

Raith Rovers Chairman highly doubts it will pass...

“Clubs who are going to miss out or be relegated are going to oppose, and clubs who are maybe in the play-off position, and even clubs below that, have indicated that they won’t vote for it.”

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/04/08/spfl-chairman-reveals-how-he-thinks-vote-will-go/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edit: Just noticed this is in your original post @Ludo*1

Edited by johnnydun

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Does appear to be genuine split in the championship, surprising, must be down to money payments (possibly TV money and play offs).

Would have thought only two greeting would be Dundee to try and stop Dundee United winning the league and Partick for being sent down.

Perhaps clubs know about this possible reconstruction plan for next season and it turns out it's going to shaft half the chamionship teams which is causing the issues.

I'm not convinced there even is a reconstruction plan, all they've said is that they'll discuss it if this passes. My money would strongly be on exactly nothing happening on that front. However, if this was the concern of the Championship clubs, then they'd just vote against any future proposals rather than voting against this current one which has nothing to do with reconstruction.

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not convinced there even is a reconstruction plan, all they've said is that they'll discuss it if this passes. My money would strongly be on exactly nothing happening on that front. However, if this was the concern of the Championship clubs, then they'd just vote against any future proposals rather than voting against this current one which has nothing to do with reconstruction.

Any word on what your club is likely to do? (I'd imagine they'd accept it as there's nothing really to be gained or lost for you)

Looks like the championship clubs hold the key to the proposal.

Lower leagues not interested in playing out this season so looks like they will vote for.

Can’t see rangers getting support as will only get Hearts on board with them

Anyone know what Clubs in championship other than Falkirk and Partick are likely to vote against and why and what is their solution.?

10 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Looks like the championship clubs hold the key to the proposal.

Lower leagues not interested in playing out this season so looks like they will vote for.

Can’t see rangers getting support as will only get Hearts on board with them

Anyone know what Clubs in championship other than Falkirk and Partick are likely to vote against and why and what is their solution.?

Falkirk ain't in Championship, It'll be Partick + possibly one of Dundee or Inverness (it would take both to side with Partick for this not to go thru I think Inverness need the money now) the rest will be happy to end as is now as already said by Ayr Chairman & the QoS Chairman said more or less same thing too yesterday. The clubs want to get the money in now and start preparing for next season... 

No statement from Morton, although the local hack tweeted that Dave MacKinnon supports the proposals.

Would like to hear from an official source- however with the club’s media staff on furlough, we’ve got a “helpful volunteer” auditioning for the job by asking Aidan Nesbitt about his taste in music instead of providing us a clear statement on how the club views the way forward.

I would have thought that a move to permanent 14-14-14 would be more likely to succeed.

It would imho remove opposition from Falkirk, Partick and Hearts - clubs in playoff positions in the Championship (or vying for) would be the only ones where it could be seen as unfair - of those only Dundee (and possibly Dunfermline) might be opposed.

The one thing that could scupper that would be the Premiership teams.

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Morton will certainly be voting in favour according to an interview with Dave McKinnon in the local rag.

Still finding it hard to believe anyone will vote otherwise apart from the three relegated sides and Rangers and Falkirk. 

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Or those with a chance of play offs.

I suppose. I dont think the potential gains will outweigh the benefits for them though and realistically everyone knows the playoffs are unlikely to happen anyway. In practice they all know the 10th June is still wildly optimistic. If they dont formally call it off now then they formally call it off later. Now gives everyone some clarity.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Courier's back page tomorrow.

EVL-NMoXsAI3Fg5.png:large

What's your clubs reasoning behind voting against, couldn't read that article when i zoomed in cause it isn't clear enough hency why i'm asking

Just now, rb123! said:

What's your clubs reasoning behind voting against, couldn't read that article when i zoomed in cause it isn't clear enough hency why i'm asking

I'd be happy to tell you our club's official reasons, if my eyesight too wasn't complete shite.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I'd be happy to tell you our club's official reasons, if my eyesight too wasn't complete shite.

Think I read something saying “f**k the Arab b*****ds” but I’m not entirely sure what context that is in.