The SPFL recommendation?

7 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

You do realise that the whole reason trials take place is because we don’t just take the word of the lawyer of an aggrieved party?

And do you realise that while a trial (appeal ) is ongoing the proposal cannot go ahead ......I’m beginning to feel that Raith have little confidence in winning the title in a fair and competitive way 

The transfer window means virtually nothing at our level, how many of the players in this league are not free transfers? Once the contacts expire in June there is no way of stopping them from moving clubs  if they choose.  Yes they might all decide to stay where they are but then again they might not.  How are you going to force them to stay?

I have a new job at twice the salary but my employer won’t let me go... think about it.

And to all those bleating on about sporting integrity, it just requires one player in one team to refuse to stay on and sporting integrity is out the window.

Null and void and either start again with the same leagues or (preferably) promotions and no relegations.

If there is any chance that the criticism directed at the SPFL especially by a member club they will vote it down or will change the rule to suit their own narrative.  How the f**k does Doncaster manage to come out of this unscathed and form what they are reporting his job not even remotely under threat.

The sooner we all admit that if the other clubs were in Raiths position we'd be calling for the league to end just like they are, and if they were in our position they'd be saying the opposite, the better. We're all a bunch of hypocritical b*****ds. 

i'm all for discussing reconstruction at some point down the line. But to throw yet another major issue into the current mix is madness before we've sorted out the money issue and the promotion / relegation / titles issue. 

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What I think is immaterial. You said the Thistle view was the deciding factor, it clearly isn't. The SPFL counsel might say the opposite. The outcome has still to be decided.

Deciding factor ...... your words 

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

being at the wrong end of 3 decisions that went against us, you just know that the SPFL will do what they do best and make the rules up as they go along and the legal challenge holds no water.  I dare say it will be one of those things that will require an 11-1 vote. Reconstruction of the Premiership requires it and on SSB tonight on clyde 1 said there is no appetite for changing the set up of the top league.

I'll take your word for what was on Radio Clyde. 

I have a new job at twice the salary but my employer won’t let me go... think about it.

And to all those bleating on about sporting integrity, it just requires one player in one team to refuse to stay on and sporting integrity is out the window.

Null and void and either start again with the same leagues or (preferably) promotions and no relegations.

Yup that’s why I’ve said it’s a non-starter to finish the season as there’s no way to have the same squads guaranteed. I also agree it should be null and void or promote top 2 relegate none. I’m sure you can guess what I’d prefer as a Rovers fan [emoji23] the current plan is wrong in my opinion as relegation is extremely harsh.

The sooner we all admit that if the other clubs were in Raiths position we'd be calling for the league to end just like they are, and if they were in our position they'd be saying the opposite, the better. We're all a bunch of hypocritical b*****ds. 

Of course and if we were in Stranraer’s position we’d be screaming to anyone who would listen.

1 minute ago, kvz2000 said:

Deciding factor ...... your words 

I'll try again then I'm stopping.

Thistle have asked a QC to draft a legal argument against the SPFL action, the document produced is how that QC would present their case. He might be right, but it hasn't been decided yet.

Your first post earlier tonight implied that you believed the outcome had.been decided.

Do you understand?

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll take your word for what was on Radio Clyde. 

for a change the SPFL didnt come out of it with a glowing recommendation, they even said themselves there are more questions that need answered in regards to whats changed that Dundee want to change the vote and that no one club should have so much power.

I dont honestly see how Dundees vote can hold any credibility yet they are crying integrity and fairness is behind their decision (aye f**king right bud). i dont even see how this can still be counted or go ahead after the past few days.  You would need to be off your nut to allow things to carry on as if nothing has happened.

And do you realise that while a trial (appeal ) is ongoing the proposal cannot go ahead ......I’m beginning to feel that Raith have little confidence in winning the title in a fair and competitive way 
There is no appeal or trial on-going. The SPFL lawyers are of the opinion that they abided by the rules. The decision has been delayed as Dundee haven't voted yet.

I don't think anyone will be able to afford to take it to trial and the majority of trials are currently suspended anyway.

14 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

I saw absolutely nothing to suggest we couldn't go on and win the title. I'd much rather we finish it and win it, but that just isn't practical. 

7 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

You are letting the fact it is Raith get to you. Pointing out the pitfalls of massively simplistic ‘solutions’ doesn’t mean we are desperate for a ‘tainted title’. I know that Doncaster couldn’t organise a raffle but I really doubt the SPFL have just overlooked all these simple plans until someone on here suggested them.

We are all lower league diddy fans here and whilst I can’t speak for other Raith fans, I’ve seen us win league titles in the 90’s, Graeme Weir scoring at Hampden, Bairdy sticking it to the Sevco at Easter Rd and of course Ibrox 94 (but we don’t like to reminisce on that one much) and I would give scrotal flesh to be 2 points behind Falkirk going to their place on the last game of the season rather than going through this pish.

I'll try again then I'm stopping.
Thistle have asked a QC to draft a legal argument against the SPFL action, the document produced is how that QC would present their case. He might be right, but it hasn't been decided yet.
Your first post earlier tonight implied that you believed the outcome had.been decided.
Do you understand?

Er, no. A counsel's opinion is an independent disinterested view on the relevant law in a particular situation, not a pitch for business. She might be wrong, but an opinion often persuades the side that it argues against to back down/settle as they then know they are more likely than not to lose if the case goes to court.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Er, no. A counsel's opinion is an independent disinterested view on the relevant law in a particular situation, not a pitch for business. She might be wrong, but an opinion often persuades the side that it argues against to back down/settle as they then know they are more likely than not to lose if the case goes to court.

You're right, it could persuade the other side to back down. That would be a result, but kvz was saying the document was the result.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Chewin the fat - Bowling Club - YouTube

Scottish Football, run like a bowling club.

Is it just me or does that Chewin the Fat sketch of the guy getting punted for not paying his bills  saying he's too popular and too good a player to get punted.  Followed up by the Arson attack pretty much mirror a certain clubs attitude in 2012?

Our now ex CME,s  advice was,to stay  at home,no unneccessary travel only for her to travel to her holiday home not once but twice [emoji23] [emoji6]
There are many who aren,t  observing the social distancing now which will only increase when restructions are eased

If you want up to date stats
https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/
Anyway,bottom line is this season ain,t resuming.How they SPFL/clubs deal with it feck knows

What an absolutely fantastic site this is. Many thanks.